What after Cyberpunk?

+
How about Shadowrun. It is cyberpunk but with magic and fantasy. I think a good Shadowrun game should be in order.

As much as I would like that, it would probably be a legal nightmare, as the rights are already shared between Microsoft and Harebrained Scheme (Because it's Jordan Weisman video game company). BUT Harebrained Scheme has been brought by Paradox, and if I remember well it was only authorized to do Shadowrun games as long as it was owned by Jordan Weisman himself.

It's interesting that CDPR didn't announce anything else AAA in development. I remember reading they opened more dev. offices or something like that. CP77 was teased in 2013, 2 years before W3 release.

I think the highest possibility is a new Witcher. But I'm open for a new franchise. Preferably about vampires, steampunk or post-apocalypse.

As much as I would like that, it would probably be a legal nightmare, as the rights are already shared between Microsoft and Harebrained Scheme (Because it's Jordan Weisman video game company). BUT Harebrained Scheme has been brought by Paradox, and if I remember well it was only authorized to do Shadowrun games as long as it was owned by Jordan Weisman himself.
I wouldn't trust Paradox to make a good Shadowrun game. But I'm pretty sure they are going milk it just like what they doing with Vampire: Masquerade.

I wouldn't trust Paradox to make a good Shadowrun game. But I'm pretty sure they are going milk it just like what they doing with Vampire: Masquerade.

I agree with Kakita about shared licensing creating some really frustrating issues, at times. Always an issue once people start selling their IP. Creators should think carefully before signing those oh-so-amazing-contracts that offer all those zeroes before the decimal point. Especially exclusivity contracts or shared ownership contracts. To me, the best approach is always to forego a huge, up-front paycheck and demand ongoing royalties in exchange for license to use the IP. If a company interested in buying won't agree to that, or demands exclusivity/ownership at some level, it means you've got something they really, really want. I might bend on exclusivity for a maximum of 3 years, but I'd never agree to ownership. I've seen too many people taken for the ride, handed a single, fat check, then their name is stricken from the credits. All of the ongoing success of their work is then claimed by the new owners. Always a massive blow.

But when it comes to Bloodlines 2, I wouldn't call Paradox a company that's primarily about "cashing in" on titles. There have been a few flops, but there have also so been some massive hits, as well. The thing about Paradox is that they take risks on the underdogs -- letting what are essentially indie studios get a shot at resources and support they'd never otherwise have access to. I think Bloodlines 2 shifted gears during its development, and there was internal disagreement about the direction the development would take. Whether that was the right choice or not is still up in the air. I'll simply say that nothing I've seen of the game so far looks "bad" in any way. The devs may surprise us, yet!

It's interesting that CDPR didn't announce anything else AAA in development. I remember reading they opened more dev. offices or something like that. CP77 was teased in 2013, 2 years before W3 release.

I think the highest possibility is a new Witcher. But I'm open for a new franchise. Preferably about vampires, steampunk or post-apocalypse.

CDPR always seems to have things rolling years before anything is ever announced. And we don't tend to hear about much until they're sure they'll make an impression. It's a great approach, really...but I'd like to know, too! :D

uh me i hope there will be a lot of dlc and not just two, here we are on paper role play, so the possibilities are almost infinite, the imagination has no limit i see this game on several years, of course still the gameplay and the quality must be there, for me the witcher Geralt is retired with Yennefer, after there is possibly Ciri but honestly, there like that? Not a witcher 4, for me even if I loved it and it's a reference, it's old history. The future is cyberpunk with multiple DLCs for a long time. ( well, I hope ).

How about Shadowrun. It is cyberpunk but with magic and fantasy. I think a good Shadowrun game should be in order.

We already have a good Shadowrun games, a trilogy in fact (i.e. Shadowrun Returns, Dragonfall, & Hong Kong), albeit a CRPG genre games. Harebrained Schemes did well with what they had in terms of budgets.

Unfortunately, Company like Paradox has its own problems right now & I am not even talking about the tendency of putting a lot of aggresive MTXs & DLCs in which not exactly happened to their RPG games tbh. Battletech (also developed by HBS) has decent amount of fair additional contents. Not sure where do you get this notion of "milking" Bloodlines 2 when the game not even released yet & still trapped in development hell.

I am not even talking about the tendency of putting a lot of aggresive MTXs & DLCs in which not exactly happened to their RPG games tbh. Battletech (also developed by HBS) has decent amount of fair additional contents. Not sure where do you get this notion of "milking" Bloodlines 2 when the game not even released yet & still trapped in development hell.

In the contrary, Battletech is also one of thoses games which have been milked.
And I'm not even talking about Paradox pricing policy, which held me buying Pillars of Eternity 2 until months ago because Paradox never drop the price of DLCs to a low level (Pillars of Eternity DLCs are way more pricey that the core game itself), meaning that after literally years of waiting I finally had to buy it from a 3rd party key store, something I didn't do for years.

Alright, CP77 failed to meet rpg standards such as Wild Hunt etc. It's done, what's next? Let it be Witcher 4 or some type of Witcher game.

I want a game based on me next ...thank you and goodbye

Can we have a game about me too?

Or is that the sequel to me...

I've never played them. CP2077 is my first game from this company. My sister insists I should play but idk I haven't been that interested.
Yeah I appreciate that it might be a good game for some, but I get the feeling that I will miss the guns and fps mechanics. I came to cp2077 via call of duty and borderlands 3, destiny 2 and farcry 5. Perhaps cyberpunk is somewhere in between all of them.

Guest 4519094

Back to Gwent, haven't played in more than a year, feeling like some card game now.

Top Bottom