Who are you gonna roleplay as in Cyberpunk?

+
Neoyoshi Kaligawa, he's a quiet guy with a good heart, but his biggest weakness; his kryptonite you might say- is oppai.

Let's just hope in Nightcity he won't be surrounded by oppai.

Z1I2.gif

I'm going to play as a stealthy guy with a shotgun and a katana. So, I will be in close combat when things get a little crazy. Probably will carry a long-range weapon also to offset those two above mentioned weapons. Also, my guy will be moderately cyberized, cyber arms, cyber legs, etc.

Still not sure about what gender I'll use first, plan to make one run with each.

- A Nomad, rural kinda person, hardened, used to solitude and having a gun at it's side, coming into Night City from the outside, not really trusting people from the city. Mostly a gun/power/melee/tech build, since he/she would've worked most of the time in physical works (construction, fields in a nomad community etc...). Cowboy meet Mad Max kinda archetype.

- A Streetkid.
A syrup from the street, the kind of lil shit that'll pickpocket your wallet in the subway.
Life in Night City is easy, always a thing to do to earn some eddies even if you're shitpoor.
Mostly aimed at sneaking, netrunning, always in the know of some way to break the rules and get it easy, but since I'm just a lil fish in an ocean filled with sharks, if I'm still alive it's because I know how to make a low profile and never get noticed.

My last run:

- A Corpo POS.
The absolute cliché of the worst executive you'd think of, American Psycho style. I'll make Johnny hate me. I'll make all those poor fucks hate me.
Cybered to the top, every over the top option available, I'm gonna play the worst asshole possible (since I'll have probably figured the game out by then) and use it to my own profit, using the worst choices available.

That's the 3 profiles I have in mind for my runs :)

I think it's the best

Can you be yourself if you find yourself in a completely different world?
Imagine someone knocks on your door, right after you read this comment, and tells you: Hey! You're not actually living in 2020. It's 2077 and you paid a lot to get into this braindance of a normal life. Now your payment is ending. To ease you out, we've simulated a worldwide pandemic and crazy political and global changes, so you won't be sad to leave.
And now you wake up. Your name is just V, you remember a little about your "real" life path, that's it.
What person are you now? What can it mean to be yourself?

(Just feeling philosophical right now...sorry)

Imagine someone knocks on your door, right after you read this comment, and tells you: Hey! You're not actually living in 2020. It's 2077 and you paid a lot to get into this braindance of a normal life. Now your payment is ending. To ease you out, we've simulated a worldwide pandemic and crazy political and global changes, so you won't be sad to leave.
And now you wake up. Your name is just V, you remember a little about your "real" life path, that's it.

It depends on how literal you want to be.

Hmm, I don't think, from what we've seen, that the game will really be flexible enough to allow for roleplaying many different types of personalities and backgrounds, so I haven't really put that much thought into it... I'll try to stick to what the game offers and roleplay accordingly. I'll be playing as a Nomad on my first (of many, hopefully) run, so I'll be trying to roleplay one as well as I can, though I suspect it will be a mix between my personal choices and what I think a Nomad would do. Seems like a good starting point anyway, since both the player and the character will be new to Night City, where most of the game should be taking place - roleplaying as someone who is completely clueless about the world around them shouldn't be too hard when you're in their shoes.

I may do all three intros before going deep. As I would imagine a playthrough a year would allow me to spread my time accordingly and not rush through.

it makes a superb introduction to launching a RP even here on the forum, it reminds me of an old film total recall. But I am not funny I do not want to launch myself in a forum RP, even if that would be an idea while waiting for the 10. After for me the RP is played between very real human. There we are on video games we must not forget, we are limited. ( I understand myself. ) ;)

This is some PKD type stuff right here...I love it.

I was thinking about some kind of pacifist run at first but I think I will save that for a second or third playthrough as it does rather limit what parts of the game you get to experience. Maybe I will combine it with a no/few augs run. So right now I guess I won’t do anything in particular for my first playthrough and just play it by ear, taking in all the game has to offer.

Not sure if I posted the idea before but originally I had in mind a corpo netrunner ninja driven half mad by the betrayal and intrigue of the corpo life now out for revenge. However now I am not sure would mind going the netrunner gunslinger route. Stealth in setting up his hacking tricks before stepping out in the limelight. He offers on chance for a peaceful resolution, if that fails hacks activate and who remains gets quickly shot down Eastwood style with his revolver. Not sure if I stick with corpo or go nomad.

After my life being destroyed i got addicted to bath salts and now run around naked chasing ppl with my floppy sausage (But due to the bug im in purple boxers)

Top Bottom