December 10, 2020 ... Are we sure?

+
The reason I don't believe it's sure, is CDPR hasn't given exact date and time when the PC version pre-download will start. Not 100% sure of the unlock time either, although Im going by midnight UTC due to some people more experienced with CDPR saying so.

So far the only one we got is playstations pre-download which might just be something that playstation says cause they got to say something.

They have given exact time for actual rellease date.

I dont see how not mentioning specific pre-load times has to do with it. Sounds like something you would do 1-2 days before hand, or not at all, because is that really news?

They have given exact time for actual rellease date.

Have they? Where?

I've only seen dec 10th which is not enough information as midnight happens at different time in different timezones, nor is it clear does the whole world unlock it at same time or is the release staggered.

Have they? Where?

I've only seen dec 10th which is not enough information as midnight happens at different time in different timezones, nor is it clear does the whole world unlock it at same time or is the release staggered.

It was either minnight or 1 am local polish time globally.

It was either minnight or 1 am local polish time globally.

What I asked was the source. You said "they had given the exact time". What YOU say is irrelevant unless you can provide proof.

I have not been able to find any site or post that states it exactly. If they said it in a tweet that has since been buried in archives it wouldn't surprise me, as CDPR is also pretty terrible at PR.

What I asked was the source. You said "they had given the exact time".

I have not been able to find any site or post that states it exactly. If they said it in a tweet that has since been buried in archives it wouldn't surprise me, as CDPR is also pretty terrible at PR.

Oh, yeah I guess you are right there.

Still, I think it's one of those things where you can take for granted its going to be a global release.

Also - this is an actual question because I havnt waited for a game to be released since.. Idk remember because its only been 1 or 2, but are games still released staggered instead of globally now?

Just because thinking about it from a "I have no idea about this" point I don't get why they would.

(espicially with such the release of literally the most anticipated game of at least the last decade, it would be activly harmfull imo)

Well next time when you are not sure or "have no idea about this" perhaps avoid claiming exact knowledge.

No, I have not seen a staggered release in ages except with movies. Still, it would be the only way when "midnight" is acceptable information since it would midnight local time in each timezone. Otherwise we need to know the correct timezone.

Have they? Where?

Release time has been given.
Stadia game page updated it from a generic december 10th at 10 am to a 1am GMT+1
Guys on the Discord channel I chat with, said the same for the Steam and GOG version.

People in other countries saw the game releasing on december 9th depending on the timezone, meaning it's going to release at the same moment everywhere.

Well next time when you are not sure or "have no idea about this" perhaps avoid claiming exact knowledge.

No, I have not seen a staggered release in ages except with movies. Still, it would be the only way when "midnight" is acceptable information since it would midnight local time in each timezone. Otherwise we need to know the correct timezone.

Ok bro calm down lol. I was wrong, and admitted it.

Why doesn't steam say the time though?

(Who gives a fuck about stadia)

If steam gives the same general time world wide doesnt that show the same release date time? In nz it says 9 days, so it should in usa to? SInce the 10th would be in 10-11 days? -If you live in the us how many days does steam say?

Here is a seperate question because i honestly dont understand your stance, (not because im trying to get like, gotach or own or something in case its interpreted that way) - why is them not releasing the time evidence towards the possibility that it might be delayed again?

I can now find numerous places saying midnight UTC (aka 1am Polish time) is the time, but Im not seeing the sources for this information. I wish CDPR would bother like, sending a tweet or telling us it on these forums.

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/k3ao7y

Here is a seperate question because i honestly dont understand your stance, (not because im trying to get like, gotach or own or something in case its interpreted that way) - why is them not releasing the time evidence towards the possibility that it might be delayed again?

The less claims they make, the less explaining they have to do when they don't deliver.

I wish CDPR would bother like, sending a tweet or telling us it on these forums.

Me too! it would be a good idea. Also because i kind of feel like its what your implying since its the only one you linked- no im not basing what im saying on that reddit post since i have held this position before I saw it.

"The less claims they make, the less explaining they have to do when they don't deliver."

Ok yeah I mean I get where you coming from now, but it still doesnt make sense to me. Like this is a thing that they are either a "this or that" on (and imo if they were going to be releasing it "staggerdly" it would look better for them to announce it early rather than say "well, we didnt promise a global date so fuck you") - Well anyway thats just my opinion on this im not trying to start an argument or discussion I dont think there is any merit in that.

Last edited:
I do and I'm going to play it there.
Stop being salty.

Plus, if the game releases at that time on Stadia, why wouldn't it release on other platforms too?

Yeap! I really hope game streaming services end up working out! They seem like an awesome idea for people who cant afford good hardware. - Or who dont want to invest in them.

Me too! it would be a good idea. Also because i kind of feel like its what your implying since its the only one you linked- no im not basing what im saying on that reddit post since i have held this position before I saw it.

The fact that CDPR THEMSELVES haven't said it, is what troubles me. Talk is cheap. Any other source can say whatever they want, but its only CDPR who would be held actually accountable for what they say. This is why I am worried.

Then again, we know what their word is worth. Absolutely nothing. :facepalm:

The fact that CDPR THEMSELVES haven't said it, is what troubles me. Talk is cheap. Any other source can say whatever they want, but its only CDPR who would be held actually accountable for what they say. This is why I am worried.

ahh, I know this is going to be interpered as me antogonizing but honestly it isnt, I just am not a witcher player and wasnt aware of cdpr until like, a 2 or 3 years ago when I realised they devoloped 2077. im not some fanboy of them. But when you say there word is worth nothing, is that just based on them not living up to the release date or is there other reasons?

Im just asking because thats my understanding of what you say.

ahh, I know this is going to be interpered as me antogonizing but honestly it isnt, I just am not a witcher player and wasnt aware of cdpr until like, a 2 or 3 years ago when I realised they devoloped 2077. im not some fanboy of them. But when you say there word is worth nothing, is that just based on them not living up to the release date or is there other reasons?

I am also not a CDPR fanboy as you might have gathered. I did not own Witcher 3 until after I had pre-ordered CP2077. My opinion is based on these last couple years and observing them during this period.

Bruh ... You know that was pretty unfair & completely BS statement ...
So every great things they did with previous games & GOG means nothing to you because of three delays during the most arduous year in recent time AKA CV19 PANDEMIC YEAR.
So based on your logic, the delays that CDPR did to "ENSURE great products on the gamers hands" is some kind of cardinal sin to you compare to many of disastrous F* up in video game industry ... smh ...
:facepalm:

Last edited by a moderator:
So every great things they did with previous games & GOG means nothing to you because of three delays during the most arduous year in recent time AKA CV19 PANDEMIC YEAR.

And how many promises did they break with the previous games? Quite a lot I hear.

Statistically, CDPR is quite possibly the least reliable developer in the world. Most certainly the least reliable AAA-dev, if they even count as one.

No, my statement is not unfair or BS. It is the truth.

Top Bottom