Are you disappointed?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not disappointed. Just worried. So in essence, maybe I will be disappointed by next week regarding one thing.

I'm not looking to get into an argument, and I hate to draw a comparison to Red Dead Redemption 2. But here is my dilemma: I can't afford to upgrade my aging PC rig at the moment and I'm still running SLI. Witcher 3 still runs flawlessly with everything maxed out at 1080p with SLI. The same goes for RDR2 and host of other games I still play.

So, if CP2077 doesn't support explicit mGPU/SLI in DX12, I'm basically fucked. So either I wait a few months till CDPR releases a PS5 patch and buy a PS5, or at least see if I can get hold of a RTX3070. Who knows.

I'm not disappointed. I will only be disappointed if Judy is a lesbian. Please CD Project, make her a bi ...
:cry:

As good as Cyberpunk 2077 will be, it also has its drawbacks.

- Shorter main story than The Witcher 3
- Small Map
- No Subway System
- Can't use the Flathead as a companion
- Only 29 base model vehicles
- No Third-Person Perspective
- Third Person Cutscenes are almost non-existent
- No Wall Running
- No Car Customization
- Can't own multiple apartments
- Only 70 GB (Not as big as Red Dead Redemption 2)

I'll add more missing content if I think of any. Are you disappointed with these missing features? I am but Cyberpunk 2077 will still be a great game nonetheless.
I learned from firewatch, that sometimes a game canbe small and touch my hearth more than the games that has 500x the peopel working on it. for the size , it might be they are good at compressing and re-using sources rather than activision that is lost in file sizes.

- Small Map
- No Subway System
- No Wall Running
- No Car Customization

I'll add more missing content if I think of any. Are you disappointed with these missing features? I am but Cyberpunk 2077 will still be a great game nonetheless.

those would have been nice to have, but its the RPG elements and world I care the most about. A lot of these things can be added as DLC afterwards...except the 3rd person stuff, but photomode covers that

- Small Map
- No Subway System
- No Wall Running
- No Car Customization

troll.jpg

W3 was rather too long than too short, although it did not a
show so much because of the great side question. Don't think one can count this as a negative at all at this point.

- Small Map

It is a vertical city... it is what it was always intended to be.

- No Subway System

If it is an incentive to explore and discover than I am all for it.

A bit disappointing, yes.

More than enough. Plus mods etc.

They really think the game is better for being played first person. I hope they can convince me ;-)

Well, if they go for the FS view I think it is good that they are going all in.

- No Wall Running

Don't know enough how this would have looked like to judge.

- No Car Customization

Fine with that. Recoulering would have been good.

I rather have one apartment I can customize a bit.

I really don't think this is an argument.

In addition to my points in the quote, I just hope people will be able to approach this game without checking boxes. I think it is poison for immersion to do that and make lists of the gamsey systems in a game. I am so done with games that cannot really tie them to the overall story, world and gameplay (looking at you, AC).

Personally I'm not happy about the lack of character customization for Black characters.

Last edited by a moderator:
hard to be disappointed in a game that isn't out yet. But I do think the atmosphere that's been shown so far is more like a sunny GTA than a cyberpunk future. It should be dark and hazy.

Am I the only one whose interest has waned quite a bit?

The rumored RL cameos of people and products, some whom I might despise enough not to bother with the game. The delays. Cutting of features I was looking forward to.

The delays really got me thinking ... don't I already live in a cyberpunk dystopia? I already feel the desperation and alienation in real life all the while having the internet in the palm of my hand. Tech is progressing at a neck break pace while my life continues to circle the drain. Why would I want to relive that in a video game?

I'm sure the game will sell a butt load. Not feeling that hype though personally - not as much anymore.

Am I the only one whose interest has waned quite a bit?

My interest has never waned. CP2077 has been the most important thing to me for a long while.

What has happened is that the hype and hopes have been balanced out by soul-crushing depression from the long wait and repeated delays. And no, that doesn't just go away. These things don't cancel each other out. I am very.. conflicted.

Jokes on you OP. I'm always disappointed. I've never gotten my hopes up, any higher than a hat.:smart:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom