Global release timings

+
2 AM my time. I'll sleep and start the game in the morning when I'll have the time. Maybe the first patch will be available too.

So I am curious, does the pre-download include the Day 1 patch? If not, how big do you expect the patch to be? Thanks in advance.

PRE-LOAD MONDAY!!!
the only monday I won't hate in this year
00-removebg-preview.png

For my fellow Aussies, that's -

10pm Monday AEST on PC for those who ordered from GOG

3am Tuesday AEST on PC for those who ordered from Steam or Epic. Now I'm glad I chose GOG (and stuck with it) over other services :)

Last edited:
For my fellow Aussies, that's -

10pm Monday AEDT on PC for those who ordered from GOG

3am Tuesday AEDT on PC for those who ordered from Steam or Epic. Now I'm glad I chose GOG (and stuck with it) over other services :)

What difference does that 5 hours make in regards to preloading? Its days before and the gameplay will start same time at 11am on the 10th.

(not suggesting there isnt other pros/cons with GoG vs Steam)

What difference does that 5 hours make in regards to preloading? Its days before and the gameplay will start same time at 11am on the 10th.

(not suggesting there isnt other pros/cons with GoG vs Steam)

If you're on woeful Australian internet fixed broadband (currently 60th in the world speed rankings https://www.speedtest.net/global-index) speeds, five hours CAN actually make a smidge of difference :mad:

If you're on woeful Australian internet fixed broadband (currently 60th in the world speed rankings https://www.speedtest.net/global-index) speeds, five hours CAN actually make a smidge of difference :mad:

Understand, Im in oz too. Just recently upped to 100 NBN plan from NBN 50 and have promptly forgotten about old 1mB/s ADSL speeds.

Still though, its days in advance...

As a side - Its funny that in 2000 i was an early adopter of broadband. Optus cable became available and it was ~800kB/s. In my area of suburban Sydney internet speeds did not improve until late last year, 2019, when NBN rolled in.
20 goddamn years....
(really though the biggest thing was that cable in 2000. 5+ years later plenty of people were still on 33k (~ 5kB/s - yes 5 kilobytes a sec!) dial up. No comparison, astronomical difference)

Last edited:
What about physical copies? Those of us who got those probably won't be able to pre-load the game. So does the game come with installation disks? As far as I'm aware, they only come with bonus content and a game code. (This is for PC, I mean.)

Last edited:
Understand, Im in oz too. Just recently upped to 100 NBN plan from NBN 50 and have promptly forgotten about old 1mB/s ADSL speeds.

Still though, its days in advance...

Call me paranoid ... I'm on NBN100 with MyRepublic. I'm sure it will be fine (and in theory it should be). Aussie broadband being what it is though, I'm definitely not complaining about having a five hour 'head start' (and I would have supported CDPR anyway, as much as the last delay stung).

As a side - Its funny that in 2000 i was an early adopter of broadband. Optus cable became available and it was ~800kB/s. In my area of suburban Sydney internet speeds did not improve until late last year, 2019, when NBN rolled in. 20 goddamn years.... (really though the biggest thing was that cable in 2000. 5+ years later plenty of people were still on 33k (~ 5kB/s - yes 5 kilobytes a sec!) dial up. No comparison, astronomical difference)

I've worked in 'online' on and off since ... pretty much finishing uni in '99. And I was a 'BBS kid' before that since ... about '90-'91. Had shitty dialup, then shitty ADSL till NBN came in to my area on the (Upper ?) North Shore. MyRepublic's been decent, and shits all over my old ADSL provider. But we're never going to be a 'first world country' if our government (of either stripe) doesn't sort out our broadband infrastructure :-/

Can I preload the game if I have a physical disc from gamestop?

How do I go about preloading a game? Gamestop give a code if you have a preorder?

I'm on xbox one.

Just in case xbox people didn't know, you'll be able to set your location to New Zealand and play the morning of the 9th. This works for every game that has a midnight local time release. Been doing it for years. The Xbox store thinks it's midnight in New Zealand and lets you play. Forwarning, all your prices will be in their currency until you turn it back

Top Bottom