The main story will take around 30 hours to finish

+
the QA tester clocked in around 175 hours and he still did not finish the game i doubt he would put this on twitter if there are not going to be that many things to do in the main game
To be fair, what I doubt is that this figure represents an actual average playthrough. I would assume that the QA tester spent most of that time, well, uh, testing the game, not just playing it like a normal user would. That means paying attention to things a regular player wouldn’t, repeating many missions and what not under different scenarios, intentionally trying to break the game to find edgecases where bugs might crop up and so on and so forth.

I really do not think that we can rely on this 175 hour figure as representing how much time the vast majority of (even hardcore) players will spend in Cyberpunk 2077. Maybe across three playthroughs but definitely not in one.

To be fair, what I doubt is that this figure represents an actual average playthrough. I would assume that the QA tester spent most of that time, well, uh, testing the game, not just playing it like a normal user would. That means paying attention to things a regular player wouldn’t, repeating many missions and what not under different scenarios, intentionally trying to break the game to find edgecases where bugs might crop up and so on and so forth.

I really do not think that we can rely on this 175 hour figure as representing how much time the vast majority of (even hardcore) players will spend in Cyberpunk 2077. Maybe across three playthroughs but definitely not in one.
i doubt its going to be 175 hours even including side quest but i will put my money on 100 hours if you do all the side content similar to the witcher 3 and ofc if you dont abuse the fast travel

CDPR_SPOILER_WARNING.jpg

Be careful!
[I didn't read anything in this thread yet. Sorry if it's inappropriate.]

Guest 4406876

When people say 30 hours I usually take a whole year. I remember people saying you'd finish DS in 30 hours. I still didn't get to the end (on the PS4) since launch. Unless the game "forces" you to advance in the story I'm pretty sure it's going to last a while for me :D .

I've added this to another similar topic, but I'll say it here too. The speed of which you can complete the storyline, and quests in general, will depend on the style of play you choose. Specifically, sneaking around and being stealthy will make missions take longer than going in guns blazing and blasting everything that moves. Now throw in all those optional tasks most quests seem to have (the ones they showed us all did), as well as just generally amassing all sorts of information and intel before setting out (asking more questions from quest givers, for example), and 30 hours seems...slight.

That being said, I read that as a median amount. Like you can complete the main storyline quicker or slower depending on how you play.

im not sure if this has been pointed out ,but i have read the gamespot preview and they said that they just did the pacifica quest which was shown in last years E3 and it was mentioned that its in the middle part of the main story ,so i will assume that it took them around 16 hours to reach it which means the main story is going to be around 30 hours i guess?
one important thing to keep in mind is that the previewer did "little side quests" he focused mainly on the main story
Good or bad its up to you ,i hope that the real meat of the game is in the side quest ,similar to Baldurs gate 2 where the main story is short and good but the side quests are ALOT ,varied and incredibly well designed

Gamespot preview: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/w...nd-the-best-part-was-the-people/1100-6484603/

This is so false and your thread is based on a false premise.

He mentioned that he believed he was about 3/4 or 2/3 through the game but he was just making a guess.

He never said it was confirmed by the dev that he was 2/3 or anything. This is just him making a guess.

Come on people....
Post automatically merged:

I hope it will be super long because a game like this one I do not think we can find for a very long time maybe not even before ten years, 30 hours seems light to me I hope that it 'It is limited to the rush, so yes we are only talking about the main quest ... for my part I intend to return every square centimeter of the game, and I really hope that the replayability will have a serious variant, the main quest included, of course I also hope that there will be a lot of DLC, even if those there are sold it would not be a problem for me, you imagine the possibility of DLC? On a game based like a paper role-playing game there is no limit to the imagination!

Exactly, people so so quick to just accept anything and call those who dont unreasonable.

No matter how you twist it, 30 hours for a game of this scale is a bit short. Hell, we do not even know the full context. For all we know, the later parts of the game could feel rushed and poor pacing, essentially the opposite of TW3 which felt dragged on. In that sense, 30 hours would not be long enough but actually too short.

Say it is only 30 hours, and then you trash it. That is a ride that only cost you $2 an hour. Not too bad of a price for entertainment now-a-days. There is still a bunch of other stuff to do in the game after that time though as well, and on top of that more content has already been confirmed to be on the way.

30 hours is more than long enough, especially if this is one of the countless story lines that give the player an urgent sense of impending doom, along with a bunch of side quests that completely break any sense of immersion with the story of impending doom. I hate that. Hate, hate, hate it.

So, a short main story with many dozens of hours of additional quests that I can complete after the main story would be perfect.

This is so false and your thread is based on a false premise.

He mentioned that he believed he was about 3/4 or 2/3 through the game but he was just making a guess.

He never said it was confirmed by the dev that he was 2/3 or anything. This is just him making a guess.

Come on people....
Post automatically merged:

Exactly, people so so quick to just accept anything and call those who dont unreasonable.

No matter how you twist it, 30 hours for a game of this scale is a bit short. Hell, we do not even know the full context. For all we know, the later parts of the game could feel rushed and poor pacing, essentially the opposite of TW3 which felt dragged on. In that sense, 30 hours would not be long enough but actually too short.

I think we can still be reassured, well it's still a tester but he still did not go to the end and he plays stealth in maximum difficulty :)

https://www.nme.com/news/gaming-news/cyberpunk-2077-playthrough-takes-tester-over-175-hours-2824074

If you're into fast(er) games 30 hours is fine, me I'm a completionist so I expect to spend 150+ hours.

I'm a bit of a completionist as well, at least if the side activities or quests are fun or compelling.

The OP was just speculating however on the length of the main quest line.

20-35 hours is a pretty standard length for the main quest line for most RPGs. I don't know the exact length of the main quest line in TW3 since I always play a great deal of the side content in RPGs, but I'd bet it would fall into somewhere between 20 and 35 hours. My 100+ hours in that game included nearly every side quest and a great deal of the points of interest on the map. 150 hours spent in any RPG is likely going to include a lot (all?) of the side content.

Sometimes I have trouble understanding people 20/30 hours of play and you're happy and then what? Call off ? A nugget like cyberpunk, you have to understand that you won't see it for a very, very long time, so for me the longer the game the happier I would be !

Sometimes I have trouble understanding people 20/30 hours of play and you're happy and then what? Call off ? A nugget like cyberpunk, you have to understand that you won't see it for a very, very long time, so for me the longer the game the happier I would be !
Some folks are more interested in accomplishments then they are the game, others only want to min-max, yet others get a thrill from finding/using exploits, and others from speed runs.

If it's a single player game NONE of these is "wrong". Your game, you're not affecting other players, do whatever trips your trigger.

^
To add to that... You can do all of the above. I've done speedruns on some games but it's always after having taken my time to smell the roses.

Speedruns aren't always about stroking your ego or the speed itself either. Sometimes they're quite hilarious or for a challenge. I'm looking at you Halo. Despawning the entire level trick likely responsible for hundreds of deaths from fall damage. Fun times.

a lot of assumptions extrapolated from a few snippets in an article.
I hear ya brother!

Look at it this was, roughly 60h to finish one lifepath and side quests ( speculating)... you pay $60 for the game, that comes out to $1 an hour of entertainment. Now we used to go to the movies and pay $15 to 20 (+/-) for 2 hours of movie entertainment, that's Let's say $9 an hour of entertainment. So for entertainment value a dollar an hour is pretty good.

Guest 4406876

I wouldn't value entertainment on a hour / $ basis, well art in this case, since CDPR value art as much as entertainment. I'd value for what it leaves you in the end. Some games do reach the "the end" and that's it, but it's an end with so much balls that even if they last more or less than 30h they leave you breathless and with something of value.

Top Bottom