Global release timings

+
Yeah-yeah.

All these people who have ordered physical copies don't get it.
You CAN'T have a pre-load because the game isn't technically tied to your account yet. Only people who have made the pre-purchase from the PSN, XBox Games store or other PC shops like GOG or Steam or Epic...can make the pre-download. It's because the purchase was registered on the accounts at that time. You guys don't have it yet. So no pre-load for you. It's that easy. Why is it so hard for people to get this?

Just in case xbox people didn't know, you'll be able to set your location to New Zealand and play the morning of the 9th. This works for every game that has a midnight local time release. Been doing it for years. The Xbox store thinks it's midnight in New Zealand and lets you play. Forwarning, all your prices will be in their currency until you turn it back
I have waited 7 years for this, a couple of hours more will not hurt me at all.

The wait is almost over!

If you're looking to play Cyberpunk 2077 as soon as it's available, here's a map with global release timings.

For PC and Stadia players, the release is simultaneous and scheduled for midnight GMT, and for all console players – midnight local time.

Just purchased on GOG.
When will it be available in INDIA??? there's no mention in global timings..

Since i pre ordered this from amazon, it depends on them when i get cyberpunk doesn't it? Dumb question, i know. I just want this as early as possible

Since i pre ordered this from amazon, it depends on them when i get cyberpunk doesn't it? Dumb question, i know. I just want this as early as possible
Yup. Gonna have to wait for delivery before you can add the code to your account and start downloading.

Remember that some parts of that 50GB will be overwriting parts of the 70GB of the unpatched game.

Yes, obviously. I already take that into account. But Im talking about the size of the patch that has to be downloaded. It won't increase the size of the game that much.

But since this last delay was SUPPOSEDLY about updating the textures of the console version, I assume that consoles will have to download those in the day 0 patch. And those will probably comprise much of the game size. For PC its different since there is no game disk.

Last edited:
It's the difference of 18 hours for me. With no downside to doing it, I figured it's worth a mention
I get it, sometimes 18 hours advantage can help but seeing how this is a single player rpg, not a multiplayer where you have to level up fast in order to do endgame raids and dungeons, I will be fine waiting for the release at midnight local time. And yes, you are right, it is worth mentioning for those that didn't know you could do this.

Even though it wasn't the correct patch, doesn't mean that day 0 patch won't be 50+ GB... I expect it to be tbh, at least on consoles.
I'm new to this whole pre-order and pre-load thing.. CP2077 is my first preorder.
Should I download (pre-load) on monday OR wait for Dec 10th day 0 patch..
I'm on metered data connection.. so every GB counts.. I currently have 100GB 4G data balance.

Last edited:
Yeah-yeah.

All these people who have ordered physical copies don't get it.
You CAN'T have a pre-load because the game isn't technically tied to your account yet. Only people who have made the pre-purchase from the PSN, XBox Games store or other PC shops like GOG or Steam or Epic...can make the pre-download. It's because the purchase was registered on the accounts at that time. You guys don't have it yet. So no pre-load for you. It's that easy. Why is it so hard for people to get this?

We do get it, actually.

We're just trying to find out if there's any measures in place to accommodate us who've purchased a physical copy. It's not hard to get it and we actually recognise the technical limitation you've described above, but they don't mean that there's no workaround to the issue. For example, being able to pre-load the game, partially or fully but unable to play the game until we smash in a license. It's not an unrealistic ask-for, even if the chances of getting it are slim.

Top Bottom