Which character background will you choose?

+

Which character background will you choose?

• Total voters
yeah so you start with a high class lifestyle that is very based on the campaign lore but not at all resembles the life you lead during the main campaign. You get to be a stranger with only a few friends and no where to go. Thats my take at least
That makes sense! I'm loving the Corpo aesthetic. to be honest, it's like you're a low level corpo or beginner, something like that, right? Can't wait to see where that choice takes me :ok:

I choosed Nomad, because I'm always on homeless people's side. But of course I'll play in every roles, if the game gets my respect. So far, lots of videos seen, it may be one of all those games I've played years again and again.

I have changed my choice of lifepath more than I change underwear and the only thing I have been able to decide on is that I dont want to do a Corpo slave on my first playthru.

Corpo ain't Cyberpunk world slaves: they are Cyberpunk world predators feeding on other predators until they become the apex predator.

I have changed my choice of lifepath more than I change underwear and the only thing I have been able to decide on is that I dont want to do a Corpo slave on my first playthru.

Leaning towards Street Kid at the moment, but will probably flip-flop between that an Nomad a couple of times before release.

To me street kid sounds like the middle ground between the two extremes, the nomad and the corpo.

That might only be because I havent played yet. But thats how it comes off.

Ill go nomad first because I am basically a nomad IRL and I can just role play myself. then corpo probably after that and be a board meeting nerd, rigid about rules and authority.

Decisions decisions. Here are my thoughts on what I would like to do with the three life paths, I just have not figured out the one to play first.

Nomad - Tech guru that loves his guns. He plans to make a fortune bringing his skills to NC.

Corpo - Former corporate spy, a stealthy hacker that is tired of the Bosses taking all the credit and Eddies for his hard work. Its time to break out on his own to make his fame and fortune.

Street Kid – Muscle for hire specializing in melee both armed and unarmed. Started out as a bouncer then moved on to collections with extreme prejudice for anyone willing to pay.

Corpo ain't Cyberpunk world slaves: they are Cyberpunk world predators feeding on other predators until they become the apex predator.

You really make Corpo sounds interesting to. :) Knowing myself I'll probably end up making a Corpo during character creation as some last second spur of the moment-thingie.
Post automatically merged:

To me street kid sounds like the middle ground between the two extremes, the nomad and the corpo.

That might only be because I havent played yet. But thats how it comes off.

Ill go nomad first because I am basically a nomad IRL and I can just role play myself. then corpo probably after that and be a board meeting nerd, rigid about rules and authority.

Agree to that, probably my Swedishness that automatically drives me to the "neutral middleground" option. Nomads seems great coming from the badlands and trying to make it in the megalopolis.

I wonder also if there will be a lot replayability when you try the other options later. Hoping for that :)

You really make Corpo sounds interesting to. :) Knowing myself I'll probably end up making a Corpo during character creation as some last second spur of the moment-thingie.
Post automatically merged:

Agree to that, probably my Swedishness that automatically drives me to the "neutral middleground" option. Nomads seems great coming from the badlands and trying to make it in the megalopolis.

I wonder also if there will be a lot replayability when you try the other options later. Hoping for that :)

I think there is. It sounds like from videos ive watched there are areas of the map you may not get to, or your unique dialogue options might get you a quest you otherwise wouldnt get which may open up part of a map.

They made it sound like there are areas that are very difficult to get to. Like North Oaks, only the wealthiest people get to go in there, and it sounds like its very secure.

Or the top corpo areas, my guess is a nomad may have a hard time waltzing in there. While a corpo may not be able to do some stuff out in the badland. And nomad and corpo both may not have access to some gang locations because they dont have the dialogue options/street smarts.

I hope I am right that way replaying gives you new angle.

Thats the impression I got from all the videos Ive watched and from reading the lore book.

Very surprised the higher vote is Corpo, then again majority of jobs today seem to align with the "Corpo" path.
I'm personally looking forward to choosing Corpo! I'm sure earning trust/respect through the eyes of a Corpo in the streets of NC will come with a challenge and I love that idea.

PC Corpo Street Kid Nomad
Xbox Street Kid Corpo Nomad

Corpo will be my starting lifepath kinda want Johnny Silverhand to hate my choices lol.

Very surprised the higher vote is Corpo, then again majority of jobs today seem to align with the "Corpo" path.
I'm personally looking forward to choosing Corpo! I'm sure earning trust/respect through the eyes of a Corpo in the streets of NC will come with a challenge and I love that idea.

The most common job in the US is still retail, and fast food.

In video gaming I imagine there are a lot of office folks drawn in to the virtual arts.

Even in trucking there are like 3.5 million drivers in the US. Thats a lot. All that stuff people buy, it has to be transported. Thats 1 driver for every 100 people. Crazy huh?

I'm probably gonna choose Nomad as my first background. I guess, for my first experience, I want my character to sort of discover the city with me.

I'm planning to do multiple runs (of course) so next would be Street Kid and lastly Corpo.
Heard you can have V be (relatively) nice or an abrasive asshole, so I have yet to decide if I want him to be the tough guy with a heart of gold or a jaded bad motherfucker.

This is a very difficult choice for me to make, I want to experience all three backgrounds so I for me, the question becomes: "Which character background will you choose 'for your first play through'?"

If I could only choose one play though, I would go Corpo. Street Kid is going to be my first play through though, so I can just have fun and immerse myself without worrying about the 'perfect' build, the perfect dialogue choices, the perfect relationship choices, etc., etc.

I look forward to playing all three eventually.

The most common job in the US is still retail, and fast food.

In video gaming I imagine there are a lot of office folks drawn in to the virtual arts.

Even in trucking there are like 3.5 million drivers in the US. Thats a lot. All that stuff people buy, it has to be transported. Thats 1 driver for every 100 people. Crazy huh?
Yes, Retail and fast-food are both still considered corporations (Corpo) intuitively I figured that would go without saying. However, some freelancers or self-employed individuals would probably stray away from the "Corpo" role imo.
Thanks for the trucking fact, that is crazy!

And here's the reason why Nomad is the way to go.

Night City will be a shiny city of lights in the distance for the first few hours.

I don't want to be suddenly dropped into the middle, I want to be teased by it before driving in and BANG. There she is.

And here's the reason why Nomad is the way to go.

Night City will be a shiny city of lights in the distance for the first few hours.

I don't want to be suddenly dropped into the middle, I want to be teased by it before driving in and BANG. There she is.

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 31
I had already made up my mind to do Corpo, but now I am thinking more along the lines of Nomad.... but then again, Street kid I would know more about the city life, which is where I will be living ???

But I want the eddies and hoes... oh decisions decisions????

Nomad first cause just like my character I'll be experiencing Night City for the first time.

Corpo second, cause after experiencing Night city for the first time as a Nomad this time I want to do a anti-hero run. Working for the man but finally opening my eyes to the real Night City, and deciding its time for redemption.

Lastly Street Kid, Living in the streets of Night City trying to make my way. Trying to get me a piece of that pie so to speak..

After I have experienced all three life paths. I will do a complete run. As to which life path? The one I had the most the fun with. This run is for trying to find everything. Less for the life path and more for finding all the things I couldn't in the last three play through.

Then am going to do many many more play through.

I was initially going to pick Corpo, which I stylistically enjoy the most, but I've decided on Nomad. Same reasons as a lot of other people; Night City's going to look a lot more interesting through the eyes of a newcomer. And I can make Mad Max references.

Top Bottom