The main story will take around 30 hours to finish

+
yes you just described a mmo. Only they are playing a game they will NEVER FINISH until the servers shut off.

Cool, I clearly was not talking about an mmo. I mean a single player story game. Dodge all you want, what I wanted to find out is whether or not you actually think "Feedback about a game being "too long" should not be considered at all. " or not. pretty obvious that was pointless and so is this discussion though. Hope you enjoy the game even without those extra 10 or so hours in the main story line. Im sure you will.

Last edited:

Guest 4406876

Based on the collective feedback CDPR got from gamers. I understand you may disagree, but collectively that's the feedback they got. I think a 30 hour main quest is a perfectly reasonable time. I'm confident there will be at least 50 hours of side content too. They've said (in that same article I linked above) that the total amount of content will be similar to TW3, but that the main quest itself will be shorter.

EDIT: Also, we also don't know that the OP is accurate yet. It may well end up being correct, but it's speculative at this point. It could easily be 40 hours too.

Not to mention future Expansions, because c'mon, of course this game is gonna get expansions (and maybe online one day).

kingdom come deliverance was estimated as 40 hours and i spent 70+ hours on the first playthrough. total time is near 300 hrs after all the dlc content and just roaming the game world, and that was a very story driven experience as well.

i don't put much stock into play times for games like open world rpgs. it's just too different from on-rails "cinematic" shooters where there's nothing to explore, and there's no walking off the beaten path. call of duty games are a glorified cgi movie so it's much easier to estimate play time. there's almost no variation between player experiences.

Cool, I clearly was not talking about an mmo. I mean a single player story game. Dodge all you want, what I wanted to find out is whether or not you actually think "Feedback about a game being "too long" should not be considered at all. " or not. pretty obvious that was pointless and so is this discussion though. Hope you enjoy the game even without those extra 10 or so hours in the main story line. Im sure you will.

How does wow not qualify as a single player game ? I played it solo for years .

From last post

"Don't forget they are paying $15 a month to play a game that is $180 dollars a year.

With your example the player is getting 3600 hours of playtime for what $60 -70 and it takes them multiple years to finish it .
The value grows even bigger.

I think that is not only completely reasonable I Disagree " no one would play it" as the above average hours on wow example would indicate. "

I also disagreed with one of your main statements earlier in another post .

"So sure, it's there to boot up again. But now I have other games I both have started since and are now waiting for. And for most gaming isn't something they decide to or can devote all there time to. You have to make a choice in what to play. And now I'm more interested in playing either the new thing or just something else I am now more in to. "

Also you stated.

"You have to make a choice in what to play "

If a game takes you a year to complete and you CHOOSE to play another game that is personal choice that has nothing to do with the game

also again to quote MAXX VOLTAGE

Really this type of game should be made with as much story based content ( Story > combat ) as budget and time will allow with absolutely no regard to "length" again since it does not mater. the game is not going anywhere. It may take some 1 month to finish it may take another 6 months to finish and it may even take someone 1 year to finish or more.

In my mind a game that tries to shorten a game that already has no time limit to make the 6moth or 1 year shorter because they simply don't want to put in the time necessary just plain wrong .

Last edited:
I dont know, man. How does an mmo not qualify as a single player game.

That is the question I asked as you seem to think it does not qualify so I am asking what your reasoning is for disqualifying it.

A massively multiplayer online game does not mean "this is a group based game "

In fact the actual definition has nothing to do with "groups" It refers to multiple people playing in the same environment at the same time.

The best single-player MMOs are:
Source

Last edited:

Guest 4406876

I dont know, man. How does an mmo not qualify as a single player game.
Well atm WoW is by all means a single player game where you have to team up with your guild in order to raid once reached end game (or with randoms for raid finder which is the easy mode with weaker rewards), or with some people to do mythic dungeon runs if you don't have a guild good at raids or you just wanna kill time in between raid days. Groups are absolutely not needed for the story part, which is now a mere tutorial and introduction to new content with the new expansion (and boring as hell for the most part). WoW classic was an MMO by all means where you had to team up with people during open world storyline as well. It required much more commitment and "social" interaction that is now completely gone. (oh and btw it had faction awareness and heavy distinctions. Now everything is the same experience, same classes everywhere, overstandarized experience...but that's just ranting :D ).

Last edited by a moderator:
Well atm WoW is by all means a single player game where you have to team up with your guild in order to raid once reached end game (or with randoms for raid finder which is the easy mode with weaker rewards), or with some people to do mythic dungeon runs if you don't have a guild good at raids or you just wanna kill time in between raid days. Groups are absolutely not needed for the story part, which is now a mere tutorial and introduction to new content with the new expansion (and boring as hell for the most part). WoW classic was an MMO by all means where you had to team up with people during open world storyline as well. It required much more commitment and "social" interaction that is now completely gone.

:coolstory:Yeah you can play pretty much any mmo solo. But you arent talking in good faith if you pretend they are "single player" games.

Guest 4406876

:coolstory:Yeah you can play pretty much any mmo solo. But you arent talking in good faith if you pretend they are "single player" games.
Sure but trust me, it's not (at least for wow) that you "can" play them mostly solo, it's actually forced and other players are just there in the world to either slow you down or a nuisance you can't wait to get rid of because the way those games are designed now. I only played WoW since day one besides DAOC and WH: Reckoning but I can tell you the way it's going. SP is encouraged, not offered. Still they are in a MP environment where you see other humans doing stuff that have nothing to do with you. It's weird.

I disagree i think you are not taking in good faith if you pretend they are not .

look at them they are every much a single player game as anything else only they are ongoing/ instead of a set ending and have multiple people in the environment instead of just you.

Last edited:
Well see once we get a less speculative estimate, but yeah 30 hours for a just mainquest playthrough sounds reasonable to me.

Soo how do you feel about 20 hours?

Also, the story is surprisingly very short and the IGN reviewer only finished the game in 20 hours! CDPR said that the story is only slightly shorter than the Witcher 3 but that's not the case, after all which I had a very bad feeling about anyways.

the ign guy was rushing it so he could see all the other features like different life paths.

We'll see when I play it. I'm not offended by it. I've played a lot of great 20 hour games. Also, it's not like I anticipate being done with the game in 20 hours.

If its true I will be very disappointed in CDPR After making the treasure that is W2 and W3 to follow it up with this.

Well I guess we look for different things. Witcher with all DLC included is more the length I look for i expected this to surpass those.
Post automatically merged:

the ign guy was rushing it so he could see all the other features like different life paths.

even so ideal world if the best most talented most efficient level skipping speed gaming superstar in the world best times finishing a rpg like this was 50 hours then I would feel more comfortable with the game length

Last edited:
Witcher with all DLC included is more the length I look for i expected this to surpass those.
I mean, TW3 is literally the longest video game I've ever played so far as I can remember. I didn't have expectations that Cyberpunk would be the same length, especially after they said it was going to be a shorter main quest over a year ago. Also TW2's main quest is like 25 hours, which isn't that different from where we're ballparking this one.

Last edited:
From what I've read it seems the main campaign is around 15-20 hours. Very small for a CDPR game. That said, we have no idea how much side content there is. Skil Up spent 50 hours doing most everything. So it's about a third of the size of TW3. And they could very well be prioritizing replay value with this one.

I mean, TW3 is literally the longest video game I've ever played so far as I can remember. I never had expectations that Cyberpunk would be the same length, especially after they said it was going to be a shorter main quest over a year ago. Also TW2's main quest is like 25 hours, which isn't that different from where we're ballparking this one.

I have like 500+ hours in W3. It's also one of the longest and one of the best games I have played.

I wanted another experience like that but just there are too many things "wrong for me" so far and things do not look like they are getting better from what I have seen.

I will be honest W2 is a treasure because Triss so I may be bias or hold a double standard when it comes to that game.

this if you rush the game, you could do it in 30 hours, but personally I rather explore the whole game so turn that 30 hours to 3000 hours.
sounds about right to me,

Top Bottom