Game still crashing

+
I've been playing the game now for a few hours and it's crashed to desktop 4 times now. All seems to happen when pulling up different features. The map, the phone, photomode, etc. Haven't had a crash during regular gameplay but when it seems the game has to do a little extra work pulling up these menus/modes, it crashes the game. When pulling up Photomode once, the game went to a total standstill and I had to hit the Xbox button to unfreeze it. Took about 15 seconds for it to start working again. Almost thought it was going to crash again

Xbox One X, all updates done

I‘d suggest checking out the info from CDPR support:

There‘s also a way to contact them if none of their suggestions work.

Aside from that, if your harddrive is almost full, I‘d recommend freeing a few GB.

Game freezes for 5-10 seconds

No fps in the city

Dropps, stuttering, big laggs

Game crash and Xbox One X full shutdown, randomly

1080p or 4k with one s graph
Terrible quality

All quality set off and same results

The game is unplayable.. :/

JexN7

Forum regular
As tormenting as it would be, and risky for being exposed to potential spoilers, I nearly want to wait a few days if not a week after release to avoid the bugs so not to ruin my experience.

:giveup:

As tormenting as it would be, and risky for being exposed to potential spoilers, I nearly want to wait a few days if not a week after release to avoid the bugs so not to ruin my experience.

:giveup:
Honestly, the crashing aside, the bugs are downright embarrassing. I've never seen something like this come out of a "seasoned" developer before. Enemies flickering on screen, guns disappearing from my hands entirely while shooting, a gun appeared in Jackis head randomly, enemy AI running head first into a corner and keep running there lol

Keive

Forum regular
Honestly, the crashing aside, the bugs are downright embarrassing. I've never seen something like this come out of a "seasoned" developer before. Enemies flickering on screen, guns disappearing from my hands entirely while shooting, a gun appeared in Jackis head randomly, enemy AI running head first into a corner and keep running there lol
Lol seems hilarious, though also sounds pretty disappointing. Is this normal for games on release? I've never played one that close to it before.

Lol seems hilarious, though also sounds pretty disappointing. Is this normal for games on release? I've never played one that close to it before.
This is definitely not normal. I buy a lot of games, most of them on launch day, and I've never played something that crashed so much, had this many graphical bugs, or had quest breaking issues where I had to reload a precvious save. Even bethesda stuff, and all their issues, hasn't hit all those marks at once for me. This is my first CDPR game at launch, so I wasn't sure if this was to be expected

Is this normal for games on release?
Yes. Bugs on release are a common thing for literally years, for the reason that the game has to be compatible for multiple configs/hardwares (talking about PC version) ; the game will bug somewhere while it'll be (more or less) stable elsewhere. Things like "day 1 patch" and monthly patches are really common for PC games now. At least, they are expected without surprise by the people who play early.

This is definitely not normal. I buy a lot of games, most of them on launch day, and I've never played something that crashed so much, had this many graphical bugs, or had quest breaking issues where I had to reload a precvious save. Even bethesda stuff, and all their issues, hasn't hit all those marks at once for me. This is my first CDPR game at launch, so I wasn't sure if this was to be expected

For Cyberpunk case, people have experienced both, a stable game with few bugs (mostly slightly annoying glitches), and others have had crashes or corrupted save file.

In general, and I agree, it SHOULDN'T be made normal that a game delivers with a ton of bugs. Though, this is how the industry works for a decade maybe more... so why people still doing like they're shocked ?

Hummm hum talking about Bethesda, you're on the lucky side because it's been the same experience (from good to bad). Bethesda isn't named "Bugthesda" for nothing. And I don't count on Fallout 76 which was an objective disaster :howdy:
Post automatically merged:

Day 0 Update.

"day zero".... :confused:

Just a reminder to make sure Xbox players download the Day 0 Update.
Yeah, this is after the update I got this morning

For Cyberpunk case, people have experienced both, a stable game with few bugs (mostly slightly annoying glitches), and others have had crashes or corrupted save file.

In general, and I agree, it SHOULDN'T be made normal that a game delivers with a ton of bugs. Though, this is how the industry works for a decade maybe more... so why people still doing like they're shocked ?

Hummm hum talking about Bethesda, you're on the lucky side because it's been the same experience (from good to bad). Bethesda isn't named "Bugthesda" for nothing. And I don't count on Fallout 76 which was an objective disaster :howdy:

"day zero".... :confused:
Yeah mine aren't really annoying, it's just pretty embarrassing after all this wait and delay. Gameplay wise, it's the most unpolished game I've played in a long time. It's pretty to look at but don't look too close. Bethesda has a better track record (for me) across four games at launch, so I'm not sure what kind of name I should be giving to CDPR after this

I've been playing the game now for a few hours and it's crashed to desktop 4 times now. All seems to happen when pulling up different features. The map, the phone, photomode, etc. Haven't had a crash during regular gameplay but when it seems the game has to do a little extra work pulling up these menus/modes, it crashes the game. When pulling up Photomode once, the game went to a total standstill and I had to hit the Xbox button to unfreeze it. Took about 15 seconds for it to start working again. Almost thought it was going to crash again

Xbox One X, all updates done
Also try closing GoG

I'm sure there will be bugs, but that level of them may be coming from something else. A few things to consider -- even on console:

1.) Your SSD / HDD should always have about 20% free space available. If you're filling up your drive, it can create weirdness in programs, as a console's OS will use a swap file like any computer-based system. It needs to have open space to read, write, and move files efficiently.

2.) Close background processes: streaming features, social chat, cameras, multi-screen, any downloads / updates that may be running, even disconnecting from the internet altogether. This game will probably want all available resources from a system, and if you've too much loaded into RAM at once, that will probably cause issues.

3.) Don't play the game while it's still installing. Wait for the installation and update(s) to finish completely before trying to play. If you're seeing lots of issues, manually check to see if everything available is fully installed. (I've seen cases of consoles that begin a download, but never finish it for some reason.)

4.) Ensure your system is not overheating. Every vent should have about 4 inches of open air to breath.

Now, I'm sure there are issues that will need to be sorted out, but the first step is always to check that everything with your system is in good shape and not too many things are running at once. The main reason that I'm suggesting this is because things like textures and meshes disappearing sounds like it might be stuff that couldn't be loaded properly into RAM. That can be a bug -- but it can also be caused by not having enough RAM or swap file space available.

I'm sure there will be bugs, but that level of them may be coming from something else. A few things to consider -- even on console:

1.) Your SSD / HDD should always have about 20% free space available. If you're filling up your drive, it can create weirdness in programs, as a console's OS will use a swap file like any computer-based system. It needs to have open space to read, write, and move files efficiently.

2.) Close background processes: streaming features, social chat, cameras, multi-screen, any downloads / updates that may be running, even disconnecting from the internet altogether. This game will probably want all available resources from a system, and if you've too much loaded into RAM at once, that will probably cause issues.

3.) Don't play the game while it's still installing. Wait for the installation and update(s) to finish completely before trying to play. If you're seeing lots of issues, manually check to see if everything available is fully installed. (I've seen cases of consoles that begin a download, but never finish it for some reason.)

4.) Ensure your system is not overheating. Every vent should have about 4 inches of open air to breath.

Now, I'm sure there are issues that will need to be sorted out, but the first step is always to check that everything with your system is in good shape and not too many things are running at once. The main reason that I'm suggesting this is because things like textures and meshes disappearing sounds like it might be stuff that couldn't be loaded properly into RAM. That can be a bug -- but it can also be caused by not having enough RAM or swap file space available.
I play plenty of other games without issues. All the points you've stated are met. Even after totally clearing the cache I'm seeing the same issues, crashing, and just inconsistencies with gameplay mechanics (running is particularly bad). These are game issues, not system issues, otherwise I'd see similar things in any of the other dozen+ games I've played in the last month.

Also, did you just copy and paste that over from some basic PC diag? You do realize I mentioned multiple times this is on an Xbox One X?.....

Top Bottom