Anyone struggling running the game on mid or even high end PC ?

+
My friend has gtx 1080, i7 and 32gb of ram and he is struggling to keep the frame rate at 60.
While me with my mid end PC Ryzen 5, gtx 1660 Ti (6gb) and 16 gb of ram can't play the game especially on city area. Even on low-mid settings its running like craps. Somewhat playable in indoor areas but as soon as i went outside in the beginning of the game where we meet jackie eating it was not what i expected.

I ran RDR2 constant 60fps on high-ultra settings but atleast i expected to run the game on low-end but even that is not enough to keep the fps on 60.
Should i apply for a refund or it is fixable through patches and should i wait for it ?

Attaching my handsome character staring at another beautiful person.

Attachments

• handsome.jpg
    handsome.jpg
    278.3 KB · Views: 258
I also have a GTX 1080 paired with an AMD 3900x and 16 GB of RAM and I struggle to maintain 60 FPS steady in the city, it drops to 40 fairly often on LOW settings. I already preordered an RTX 3080, but that game is barely playable with a 1080, which doesn't seem normal to me. I have to admit, I am playing at 1440p, but that shouldn't be such a problem giving what a 1080 should be able to do. I didn't expect to run it on ultra with stable 60 fps, but it can't go lower then Low. I hope that this is just a bug and will get fixed fairly quickly. If not, I am kinda disappointed. Hopefully the 3080 arrives soon.

A. finally managed to log in, erm, THAT LOOKS LIKE GARY OLDMAN FOR SOME REASON :D

anyway, hmm now you make me worried. 32G, R72700 , 1070gtx, nvme. (although I put it on a spinner). Honestly, I suspect a potential issue with spinning disks. Really try and put it on a ssd at the very least. Although these things are normally load times, and prefething on areas rather than the rendering, it just seems to affect a game's smoothness , due to what disk vars the game is using as default. I am sure we will get quite a few updates at start to fix things. We been waiting 8 years, it's a massive game, it's day 1. Chill, it will come ,)

EDIT: with THAT said, IF it's not playable with a 1080 yikes, nor my 1070 and the 1660s are recommended, and 1080s are so above min even, then, ye, I will quite possibly ask for a refund too. And if it's not playable, get the refund. And weep, or wait till there are definite fixes out.

A. finally managed to log in, erm, THAT LOOKS LIKE GARY OLDMAN FOR SOME REASON :D

anyway, hmm now you make me worried. 32G, R72700 , 1070gtx, nvme. (although I put it on a spinner). Honestly, I suspect a potential issue with spinning disks. Really try and put it on a ssd at the very least. Although these things are normally load times, and prefething on areas rather than the rendering, it just seems to affect a game's smoothness , due to what disk vars the game is using as default. I am sure we will get quite a few updates at start to fix things. We been waiting 8 years, it's a massive game, it's day 1. Chill, it will come ,)

EDIT: with THAT said, IF it's not playable with a 1080 yikes, nor my 1070 and the 1660s are recommended, and 1080s are so above min even, then, ye, I will quite possibly ask for a refund too. And if it's not playable, get the refund. And weep, or wait till there are definite fixes out.
Let me know how your game runs once you get out of your apartment for the first time. In the beginning it is acceptable but once you set your foot outside its an abuse to your PC lol
Post automatically merged:

I also have a GTX 1080 paired with an AMD 3900x and 16 GB of RAM and I struggle to maintain 60 FPS steady in the city, it drops to 40 fairly often on LOW settings. I already preordered an RTX 3080, but that game is barely playable with a 1080, which doesn't seem normal to me. I have to admit, I am playing at 1440p, but that shouldn't be such a problem giving what a 1080 should be able to do. I didn't expect to run it on ultra with stable 60 fps, but it can't go lower then Low. I hope that this is just a bug and will get fixed fairly quickly. If not, I am kinda disappointed. Hopefully the 3080 arrives soon.
I pray your 3080 arrives soon. The game is mind blowing its just the optimization that's the issue. I hope they fix it with patch soon. They need to remember we are living in 2020 not 2077 we don't have 2077 high speed computers XD

I was getting about 45 FPS on an i7-4790K and a 980 ti. Everything ultra at 1440p. Was hoping that dropping to 1080p would get me close to 60 FPS...but changing the resolution seems to make the game crash almost constantly.

Sure, I will, if the patching will get past 92%. it seems to only be reading the game/dl archive and not writing anymore sigh. But ye, I really hope it's something they have optimised better, but ye, a patch hopefully will sort it. They should have had some of that though sorted, although I don't know if and how this thing works. is it single player through and through or some online thing? If it's an online thing then it makes sense it could have issues lol given the traffic. OMG it just finished now when i hit enter... OMG, I am just in the settings menu, but I just squirted all over myself, the chair, the panties, the desk, the country holyyyyyyy f******* this is .. im soo oh wait, there I went again. Can't stop the flooding!

I really hope it'll work fine for you at least. I am using an NVME, that's not the issue for sure. But yeah, it's early, I think (and hope) a patch will come soon. The wait was just so long and was quite disappointed to see that I can't enjoy it Day 1 like most other people.

Let me know how your game runs once you get out of your apartment for the first time. In the beginning it is acceptable but once you set your foot outside its an abuse to your PC lol

I pray your 3080 arrives soon. The game is mind blowing its just the optimization that's the issue. I hope they fix it with patch soon. They need to remember we are living in 2020 not 2077 we don't have 2077 high speed computers XD

Thanks bro! The game is really amazing, and the graphics are not bad in any way, even at low settings, just doesn't feel responsive enough when it drops under 60 FPS for me.

I was getting about 45 FPS on an i7-4790K and a 980 ti. Everything ultra at 1440p. Was hoping that dropping to 1080p would get me close to 60 FPS...but changing the resolution seems to make the game crash almost constantly.

Well, that's what I call bullshit. When I tried ultra, I could barely move my camera, about 20 FPS, and my specs are better anyway you look at it. Must be some poorly optimized (for Pascal?, even tho his 1660Ti ain't Pascal, so there's that) I guess.

Running fine on my rig, Ryzen 9 3900x, RTX 3070, 16Gb Ram. Set to Ultra with RTX set on medium and getting a solid 60fps. I did install the latest nVidia driver, and I'm running the game off a M.2 drive, which I suspect helps a lot. I had performance issues (texture load and fps wise) with Horizon Zero Dawn running off a mechanical drive, but once I moved it to the M.2 drive it ran perfectly. I suspect a lot of performance issues people are having with Cyberpunk could be related to drive speeds as well.

So far the only major issue I've had is the random CTDs, but other than that I'm having a blast.

I have a i7-8086k, GTX 1080, 16gb DDR4-3200mhz, 860 EVO 1TB w/ rapid mode enabled and am getting 60-70% CPU but only 4-5% GPU on both Low and Ultra settings. I have tried running the game exe directly without galaxy but the same issue continues. If posting a dxdiag helps the overall group in finding out what is going on here I'm happy to do so.
EDIT: I am using the latest nvidia drivers 460.79 after running both clean install and another clean install using DDU in safemode.
EDIT2: During cutscenes, GPU usage is 30-40%. Soon as it returns to the game this goes down to 4-5% max.

Last edited:
Well left the toilet, clicked on settings and crashed. Ye, I wonder if instead of risking another delay, they decided to take the plunge and rather react to incoming issues. We will see. Oh and the , yes the 'lag' in movement I recall also having in skyrim. I am sure this can be sorted possibly wiht some settings etc. But heading, back will give an update tomorrow when more people too by then , have chimed in. But the graphics and like story, I played this stuff since it was a paper rpg indeed, so I love this crap.. I am in 7th heaven, but shall see.

I am still only at start, at my office reading. But after said crash, I had suddenly all ultra high settings, I turned only some few down but I chose 'max fps' or so by the vsync thing (which is off), also 144 Hz screen, with free/gsync. Anyway, erm I have a fixed 30 now, but actually it is feeling no lag, so atm Im perfectly happy wiht it. Will give further updates but now i just want to enjoy and immerse. have fun deckers! P.S. What you guys doing? I went corpo first but look like a frakking street kid. Tough times.

Last edited:
Well, that's what I call bullshit. When I tried ultra, I could barely move my camera, about 20 FPS, and my specs are better anyway you look at it. Must be some poorly optimized (for Pascal?, even tho his 1660Ti ain't Pascal, so there's that) I guess.

It's not BS. It's the performance I'm seeing on my end. (When it was still running! :()

PC systems are extraordinarily different. Just because someone has a faster GPU or CPU does not guarantee that their entire config is going to work better than a person with lower specs. There are many things to consider.

My performance was anywhere from 30's to occasional bursts into the 60's. 144 Hz monitor set to a frame-cap of 72. Average was about 45-ish FPS. Lowering settings to Low netted me not even 10 FPS more. Not worth it. (Then, I tried fiddling with the resolution, and now the game crashes as soon as I load in or try to create a new character. So, six of one...half a dozen of another.)

It's a huge game. It's going to take some time to iron out the issues, and it will always be up to PC players to learn their systems and figure out the tweaks that will work for them. What works for one person may have no effect or make things worse for another.

It's not BS. It's the performance I'm seeing on my end. (When it was still running! :()

PC systems are extraordinarily different. Just because someone has a faster GPU or CPU does not guarantee that their entire config is going to work better than a person with lower specs. There are many things to consider.

My performance was anywhere from 30's to occasional bursts into the 60's. 144 Hz monitor set to a frame-cap of 72. Average was about 45-ish FPS. Lowering settings to Low netted me not even 10 FPS more. Not worth it. (Then, I tried fiddling with the resolution, and now the game crashes as soon as I load in or try to create a new character. So, six of one...half a dozen of another.)

It's a huge game. It's going to take some time to iron out the issues, and it will always be up to PC players to learn their systems and figure out the tweaks that will work for them. What works for one person may have no effect or make things worse for another.

I wasn't referring that what you said was BS. My bad for not making myself clear. I meant it's bs that my performance sucks so much in comparison. Sorry for the rather rude (even if unintentional) comment.

Guest 4406876

Well I guess the Ti makes the difference because my 980 can't pull off more than 25fps at 1920*1080 and my system is way faster than yours ( Ryzen 9 3900x 32gb 3600mhz and an nvme sabrent m2) Can't get past anything over 25 fps with everything down to obvlivion, new system install and new drivers. This game is gonna take a while to be in a playble state, even with new cards (which most of us can't buy since they're not on the market despite being reminded every day by Nvidia how cool their not purchasable card is) .

It stopped crashing when I lowered the OC in MSI afterburner.
in this scene (Street Kid) I get 75 to 80 FPS with these settings:
1440p ; High Preset, but DLSS set to quality. (no Ray Tracing)
RTX2070S ; 3700X @4.3 GHz ; 16gb DDR4 3600mt/s CL15
GPU temp 63°C ; CPU temp 70°C
cyberpunk2077.exe Screenshot 2020.12.10 - 06.48.32.30.jpg

Last edited:
System
GPU Driver: Version 460.79
Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Auros Elite
CPU: Ryzen AMD Ryzen 3900x (mostly stock with a slight undervolt)
GPU: EVGA Nvidia 2070 Super XC Ultra Gaming (OC'd slightly, +70 to core and +500 to memory)
RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C16D-GVK (3600mhz, 16-16-16-36 with XMP)
SSD: Samsung 970 Evo
PC Power Plan: AMD Ryzen Balanced

Settings
Game Version: Steam (yeah yeah, why not buy it via GoG....)
Resolution: 1440p
Gameplay: Crowd Density medium
Graphics Basic: Default except with Chromatic Aberration, Film Grain, Lens Flare and Motion Blur set to off
Graphics Advanced: High settings. Volumetric Fog Resolution, Volumetric Cloud Quality and Mirror Quality at medium. Rest at defaults
Ray Tracing: Ray-tracing on, Ray-traced Reflections off, Ray-traced Shadows on, Ray-traced Lighting medium
Resolution Scaling: DLSS Balanced
FPS Limiter: 60 FPS Max via Nvidia Control Panel

I'm getting ~60 FPS so far with the above.

I have no idea how much stuff is ray-traced with RT reflections off. If I turn them on I get FPS dips in the low 40's and it has a hard time hitting 60 FPS. Those numbers go considerably lower with DLSS disabled and take a slight hit at DLSS quality mode. I've yet to play around with DLSS/RT off and settings tweaked.

My goal was/is to hit 60 FPS and hold it there. For the most part this seems to happen. There are periodic dips in the 50's during more intense scenes (crowded areas of city).

I will say this game appears to hammer both the CPU and GPU. After running the game for several hours and checking HWinfo (with values reset after launching the game) the 3900x shows ~4 cores hitting a peak utilization of 100%, ~4 other cores in the 80-90% range and the rest in the 15-40% range. The CPU clearly gets a workout. The GPU shows utilization in the 90-99% range, with VRAM hitting ~95% peak utilization (8GB on this card). Not that the memory value is particularly useful (no idea if it's actually using the memory or allocating it to be used).

As far as I can tell RT reflections is one of the more performance hindering settings (big surprise). Crowd Density in Gameplay settings hits performance a bit too (again, no surprise).

Post edited for thoroughness.

Last edited:
Game is totally broken for me. I've the new AMD 5800x and a GTX1080 (waiting for 3080 when they exist to purchase) 32GB of 3200mhz RAM and game is installed on nvme m.2. I've updated drivers to latest version and I get and average of 50fps on low preset, 40fps on medium preset, 30fps on high preset all at 1440p and the game looks like Outer Worlds on low settings, looks terrible. Had a friend with 16GB RAM, 3600 and 2070 screenshot medium to high settings at 1080p at 134fps so something is wrong. My GPU is only on 10-20% usage when in game and this is going to be why i get very low frames and the game looks like it's half loaded. I've reinstalled it and its the same garbage. I saw the texture setting once and set it to low and since then it has disappeared. I don't know what is going on. Ran Hitman 2 last night at 85fps+ on ultra at 1440p and this game looks cooked at 40fps. WHAT IS HAPPENING

For the record, if one looks at the requirements, one will see that the CPU isn't at all a big bottleneck nor requirement. RAM sure , as long as one has 16+ one is ok, so it boils down to the gpu really, I am sure some patch, and a bit driver update(s) and some settings exploration it will get better, but ya, so far I a m hovering between 40-50 mainly, but was as low as 20 and so no way I could have done shooting then, in the nightclub (introish/corpo)..

Top Bottom