Cyberpunk 2077 PC Crash Issues

+
Downloading your settings is wrong. Bad wrong, badong.
In the previous page, I saw the screenshot on where to set it. Didn't solve the issue for me. For others, it is from the main menu > settings > gameplay.
I also turned crowd density to low since I know that could be a trigger issue (spawning actor assets).
Also installed the redistributables mentioned earlier. no dice.
Verified/scanned integrity before launching after all the changes. Again, no good. Still crashes at those trigger points.
Well, I can check here and play Path of Exile I guess. :)

To all : check this Thread.
If your CPU do not have AVX instructions (Old Xeons, I7 9xx....), you're f****ed.

Open a ticket, the more we are, the quicker they find a solution.

The game run smooth and just crash, so the CPU can handle !!!
AVX instructions are special executions that aren't about 'handling' gameplay. If your CPU doesn't support AVX, you will hit a wall. Most likely when the game calls these special instructions to do a complex task in a very specifically coded way that utilizes AVX to go faster than old methods. I think in the gaming sense, Advanced Vector eXtensions are used to handle large volumes of reused art assets, like NPC crowds. Most of these event triggers that are crashing are when you leave the tutorial, which would put you in a crowded space.

So started as Nomad - when you enter Night City and there is a bunch of cutscenes - when it goes to load it looks like I am in a car and the game crashes every single time. Tried lowering gfx settings but didnt make a difference. I'm not using the GOG launcher (but disabled overlay as some suggested). Disabled steam overlay too.

Tried a new game as corpo - as i enter the office and hit "sit down" it also crashes. Not tried street kid yet but assuming there will be a point of crash there too.

Any suggestions?

EDIT to update system specs:
CPU: Intel i7 960 @ 3.2Ghz
Memory: 16GB
GPU: AMD Radeon R9 390
Running on HDD (SSD out of space)

I know it is an old system.. but so far I've never had an issue playing anything. Seems a tonne of people have the exact same issue I have - crashing at the "exact" same spot (Sitting down in corpo start, or entry to city in nomad and getting a "glimps" of sitting in a car I think).

Appreciate anything to get this working - not a complain post but "can you help me" post :) I know it has tonnes of bugs and I need an upgrade :)
I started a second game to see if it would get me past the crash. I chose nomad this time, and got to the same point you did and crashed at the same point.

AVX instructions are special executions that aren't about 'handling' gameplay. If your CPU doesn't support AVX, you will hit a wall. Most likely when the game calls these special instructions to do a complex task in a very specifically coded way that utilizes AVX to go faster than old methods. I think in the gaming sense, Advanced Vector eXtensions are used to handle large volumes of reused art assets, like NPC crowds. Most of these event triggers that are crashing are when you leave the tutorial, which would put you in a crowded space.
dude i can skip the crash. Its about the avx but not necessary. You can skip the crash with loading game older save and lastest save. Main problem is this happens every 30 mins. I have g4560 and im now in judy brain dance and i cant save the game for skip the crash. Im stuck in there.

I have i7 930 not AVX, I just played 7 hours of gameplay (without a crash) using the Save game workaround.
I was able to leave apartment, explore the city & do missions as normal once I used the workaround (Nomad).

I'm not entirely convinced that this is the sole cause?

This is what I`m suspecting, quicksave without the slow hdd mode for some reason crashes the whole system, its like the game is trying to acces parts of the drive windows is using as well. I`m not sure, if windows install is absolutely neccesery, but puting the game on a different drive could do the job.
I don't think it's because of disk actually. I just didn't want to lose my current windows, so installed it on different disk.
I suspect the crashes somehow related to windows version. I have LTSB and looks like cyberpunk doesn't work on it.
But works fine on Win 10 Pro.

So started as Nomad - when you enter Night City and there is a bunch of cutscenes - when it goes to load it looks like I am in a car and the game crashes every single time. Tried lowering gfx settings but didnt make a difference. I'm not using the GOG launcher (but disabled overlay as some suggested). Disabled steam overlay too.

Tried a new game as corpo - as i enter the office and hit "sit down" it also crashes. Not tried street kid yet but assuming there will be a point of crash there too.

Any suggestions?

EDIT to update system specs:
CPU: Intel i7 960 @ 3.2Ghz
Memory: 16GB
GPU: AMD Radeon R9 390
Running on HDD (SSD out of space)

I know it is an old system.. but so far I've never had an issue playing anything. Seems a tonne of people have the exact same issue I have - crashing at the "exact" same spot (Sitting down in corpo start, or entry to city in nomad and getting a "glimps" of sitting in a car I think).

Appreciate anything to get this working - not a complain post but "can you help me" post :) I know it has tonnes of bugs and I need an upgrade :)
Happens to me to exact the same issue. Corpo (trying to sit your ass on the seat in Jenkins office) and Street kid ( will happen when exiting the bar). My System is a dual Xeon x5650 with 48GB RAM and RX 470 with 8GB Vram.... im able to run MS Flightsim 2020 on ultra with no hiccup

I have created a corporate character, so good until I sit down and talk to my boss. Pressing F closes the game.
Repairing is worthless and adjusting the quality either.

I used coreinfo (by sysinternals) to verify that my CPU (i7) does NOT support AVX. I have the exact same problem with the CTD after prolog cinematic.

Code:
AVX             -       Supports AVX instruction extensions

EDIT: There should be an asterisk (*) where there is a hypen (-) if my CPU support AVX.

Last edited:
I think I might found a solution. Here what I did.

- Window Mode Borderless
- Slow mode HDD
- use HDMI for display

- 457.30 Nvidia driver

here is my UserSettings.json whenever I removed it. the game won't even launch and cause my GPU to crash. So, for me DO NOT remove your UserSettings.json

Hey guys I made it work thanks to a post in this thread and I think I found the culprit at least for me.

This should work for those of us that had the crash after the character creation and then couldn't get the game to start.

1) Go and delete the cache and config file (do not reverify game files) this will let you run the game.
C:\Users\konra\AppData\Local\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077

2) Don't touch the Fidelity FX dynamic settings. After fiddleing with all settings these are the ones that cause the CTD on my system.

Specs:

i5 2500k @4.6
RX 480 8GB
16GB Ram DDR3

*I know old!

It's working now I only wish I had an FPS counter. It feels like 25-35FPS on Med-High.

not working for me, waiting the holy solution X)

I've played yesterday and everything goes fine, just a little crash one time but I just restart the game and everything did fine. Anyway, I've got the quest that I should go to Lizzy's Bar and talk to Evelyn, but when I get there, the dialogue with bar's securities didn't open, so i just accepted and "ok, time to sleep".

Anyway, today I woke up and instantly turned on my pc, let's play a little before going to work right? and I did! I've played until the diologue with barman, about the bar history, so, crashed! restart, goes further, take a private room with Evelyn then CRASH! Restart, goes to the private room with Evelyn then CRASH AGAIN! RESTART AND CRASH IN THE MENU! NOW IT'S CRASHING JUST WHEN APPEARS "CDPROJEKT ENGINE"!

Error:
Error reason: Assert
Expression: <Unknown>
Message: Gpu Crash for unknown reasons! Callstack here is probably irrelevant. Check if Breadcrumbs or Aftermath logged anything useful.
File: e:\r6.patch0hotfix2\dev\src\common\gpuapi\src\dx12\gpuapidx12error.cpp(40)
I've already tried DDU and reinstalling, clean boot, everything that I see here and in Support Page, Good luck guys!

They must patch it like Larian did for Baldurs Gate 3, game got a patch for non AVX CPUs, Horizon Zero Dawn too, months later got a patch for non AVX CPUs. AVX is used so minimally and just in transitional specific parts of the game that it's really really aggravating since it is not really required, just easier to program that way. Its a very new instruction that many CPUs more capable and powerful than their minimum requirements do not support. People must pressure CDPR to release a patch for non AVX CPUs as many are more than capable to run the game with high FPS (40~60) paired with a reasonable videocard like a 980Ti or better but only lack the AVX instruction set that is barely used in game at all.

Help! I can't start the game
system :Win10 Enterprise 2016
drive:GeForce Game Ready Driver 460.79

Error log:

Error reason: Assert
Expression: <Unknown>
Message: Gpu Crash for unknown reasons! Callstack here is probably irrelevant. Check if Breadcrumbs or Aftermath logged anything useful.
File: e:\r6.patch0hotfix2\dev\src\common\gpuapi\src\dx12\gpuapidx12error.cpp(40)

Sent them this:

"Hello, CDPR

As you know many people still use processors that are but extremely capable and powerful otherwise like the 990x I'm using at 4.6Ghz. It can run any modern game with very high FPS together with my 1080Ti. However some games have parts where AVX is needed and it's a pain, so much so that Larian has released a patch removing AVX need from Baldur's Gate 3 for example, because it was so sporadically needed for the game it was unfair to require users the NEED of an AVX capable CPU just to load small parts of the game that require it.

Case in point, I run every introduction and tutorial of Cyberpunk 2077 with the above said hardware at high settings, 45~80 FPS all the time, but in each introduction there is a part where it crashes (everytime in the same part) because it sends AVX instructions to my CPU (i7 990x six core 4.6Ghz, otherwise more than capable of running the game) which does not support it.

I see many people with the same problem and most of the people online currently complaining about the game constantly crashing and not knowing why since they meet the minimum requirements (a 990x six core at 4.6Ghz is MUCH faster and superior than the CPUs listed at your minimum requirements) do have this exact problem: their CPU does not support AVX.

Please, let me and the community know when will there be a patch for non AVX CPU compatible players enjoy the game. Thank you very much.

PS: it was never stated anywhere that AVX was NEEDED to run the game and from what I see it's ridiculous to limit the game just because a few instructions here and there, rather I believe the game can run just fine without AVX maybe with a slowdown in some areas just like Baldur's Gate 3 does thanks to Larian's patch for non AVX users. "
Post automatically merged:

It's your CPU wich do not support AVX : open a case : https://support.cdprojektred.com/
Yes, everyone do this PLEASE

This fixed it for me

1. go to game folder search for VC_redist.x64 install/repair this will install the latest C++.

(If you still have problems try to google the)

[100% Solution] How to Fix 0xc000007b Error Windows 10 Easily! (2020)
(youtube vid)

And download the "C++ all in one" file run to install all.
And redo 1.

GL!

Top Bottom