Cyberpunk 2077 PC Crash Issues

+
bottom line , until this gets patched, save workaround is easy method, if you want to play the game meanwhile,with whatever cpu.

Oh, I agree with you there, I was using the save/load workaround. Just don't expect CDPR to do anything about the bug, based on reports by those of us with older CPUs.
So are you saving immediately before the cutscene or during? I tried saving before and loading, but if still crashed as I was getting into the chair. I also tried saving during the scene, but it would not let me

So are you saving immediately before the cutscene or during? I tried saving before and loading, but if still crashed as I was getting into the chair. I also tried saving during the scene, but it would not let me
most of the time it doesnt matter, just use autosaves , from main menu load the one before the latest one, once loaded it , load the latest one , and it doesnt crash then

ok so nomad shuts off after the intro to night city, corpo at a chair in the office, street kid at the exit of the bar, what ever u do is like a box that will make your game crash, trying to get out via other exit or something like that should be possible, but with nomad and corpo is a event/cutsecene so is more hard to go around

Hardware: i9 10850K, MSI Meg Unify Z490, Samsung pro m.2 Nvme, Steam

Randomly get black screen and complete signal loss to my monitor requiring me to hard restart the pc. Issue is isolated to this game. Very concerned this is damaging my hardware. Card and CPU are not running hot, and the crash can occur on game boot or 2 hours in or 20 mins in. I've removed and manually installed the new nvidia drivers as instructed, and crash persists.

Otherwise, game runs amazing on my 5120x1440 monitor.

Again, I play intensive GPU and CPU sims and in and out of VR and have no issues with this brand new build.
I also just completely uninstalled and reinstalled the game with hopes maybe day one patch didnt sync for whatever reason, same issue. I have a tempered glass case and I can see the GPU LED shutting off while rest of pc is on.
Ran a bunch of stress tests with 3d mark and other games and no issue.

Anyone else experiencing something similar? Very concerned...

i
most of the time it doesnt matter, just use autosaves , from main menu load the one before the latest one, once loaded it , load the latest one , and it doesnt crash then
idk dude. I'm trying this and it is still crashing

This method does not work on the Corpo tutorial. In one of the two other origins it does.

No, that's not the case, CDPR-Support has answered me otherwise. The more people without an AVX-cpu will write to the CDPR-support, the sooner we could get a patch.

I got an i7-920, which does not support AVX and the CDPR-support just wrote me this:

---
CDPR-Support:

Hi again,

We are aware of the issue, and we are looking into it.

I apologise for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,
Magpie M.

On Thu, 10 Dec 2020 at 16:57, xxx <xxx@xxx.xxx> wrote:
this message at least reassures me knowing that I will not have to buy a new motherboard and a new processor

Hey guys hope you can help me, I can't even start the game, when I press play in the launcher I'm instantly getting an crash report and the Launcher closes. It's just saying that it crashed and nothing more. I'm using an Ryzen 7 3700x and an AMD Radeon 5700 xt so this shouldn't be it. I tried everything, I re-intalled Cyberpunk several times I run it as Admin I turned of Steam in game overlay and everything similar and re-downloaded the driver. I'm also one of the persons who have problems with dowloading the newest windows securitay update so maybe it has something to do with that but I don't know, sorry for bad Englisch some times and greetings to my country man because I'm from Gremany, thanks for your help!

The issue is the lack of support for AVX commands in intel cpus released prior to 2012. The game assumes that the cpus support the command, so when the cpu gets it, gets confused and crashes the application. That is what it means by EXCEPTION_ILLEGAL_INSTRUCTION (0xC000001D) . I myself run a xeon w3690 from 2011. Whenever I attempt to sit in the chair in the corpo lifepath the game crashes.

There is currently nothing we can do besides wait for cdpr to release a version of the game that doesn't issue AVX commands for older cpus. The minimum cpu spec is from 2012, so it supports AVX. Due to this, we aren't guaranteed an update any time soon, as we technically are below minimum spec even if our cpus are faster.

If this is the case, why did my i7 920 run the game perfectly for around 30 minutes on max/ultra settings? If what you say is true, the game wouldn’t even start, am I right? I can load the game, enter the menu, mess around with the settings and load saves...only the last save does not load which is the one when you move into the city, it runs the cinematic and crashes immediately after when going into the game!

had enought off this nonsense talk , its nowhat related to avx, i play it without avx cpu fine, when it crashes in night city, its a bug from game, not from some missing cpu features, load previous last autosave, then just load the latest one where it crashes, and it loads and continues the story fine for a while until you encouter the same, running this game with g4560 at decent framrate and no avx for sure. and that workaround works. cause its game bug.
can un please pass me your save file? i have the same CPU but i cant do the load thing dont know why

this message at least reassures me knowing that I will not have to buy a new motherboard and a new processor
I agree. They're probably busting their butts off stomping bugs. It's relieving to know that my purchase won't go to waste.

If this is the case, why did my i7 920 run the game perfectly for around 30 minutes on max/ultra settings? If what you say is true, the game wouldn’t even start, am I right? I can load the game, enter the menu, mess around with the settings and load saves...only the last save does not load which is the one when you move into the city, it runs the cinematic and crashes immediately after when going into the game!
I have the same processor, everything is exactly the same, and it's the processor, read the error report.

Did you use the save/load/reload workaround? What origin story?

I agree. They're probably busting their butts off stomping bugs. It's relieving to know that my purchase won't go to waste.
man I'm from Spain and I don't know what the phrase means busting their butts off stomping bus jejeje but thanks for your answer

Top Bottom