About refunds

+
I've been denied a refund on this game after logging 3.8 hours. Of these 3.8 hours the majority of it has been spent trying to tweak the game in the menu settings, replaying the introduction sequence due to visual bugs making it impossible for me to complete them and just overall restarts.

The fact that Steam and CD Project blindly just copypastes me the same message of roughly;

"More than 2 hours lol, ggs"

is just straight up chilling. I'd expect that from EA or Activision.
I literally have just been wrestling with this non-optimized product you gave me and when I (and my computer) finally caved you're gona tell me I've PLAYED for too long?

Anyways, I'm sorry to bring negativity to this joy-ride but I literally don't know what to do.

I've been denied a refund on this game after logging 3.8 hours. Of these 3.8 hours the majority of it has been spent trying to tweak the game in the menu settings, replaying the introduction sequence due to visual bugs making it impossible for me to complete them and just overall restarts.

The fact that Steam and CD Project blindly just copypastes me the same message of roughly;

I literally have just been wrestling with this non-optimized product you gave me and when I (and my computer) finally caved you're gona tell me I've PLAYED for too long?

Anyways, I'm sorry to bring negativity to this joy-ride but I literally don't know what to do.
steam has a 2hr play time policy, if you go over that you can't get a refund, it's to stop ppl from "testing games" and then applying for a refund. always read the small print, ppl gotta stop just clicking "accept" all the time

Unfortunately, they have no way of knowing that all you were doing was trying to get the game was working.

I'm guessing as well that since there's a lot of people who are refunding it for not standing to their expectations or unable to play due to system requirements, they're probably pretty busy and mostly going by checking off the already prerequisite set for their site, which if you don't meet you automatically get denied.

When it comes to big games like this, you're best to keep an eye on the clock in case of this happening; sadly that's something that often ends up getting learned by going through at least once though.

steam has a 2hr play time policy, if you go over that you can't get a refund, it's to stop ppl from "testing games" and then applying for a refund. always read the small print, ppl gotta stop just clicking "accept" all the time

Absolutely, and if I played 2 hours I would have been cool with that. I literally did not, though. I had to go through customizing my character 5 times to replay the same slow intro the same amount of time due to above stated issues. Of course the clock is gona tick away. I shut the game down as soon as I reached Night City because the visual bugs literally made me unable to steer. They don't even acknowledge my situtation when denying me. Atleast give me a support to talk to instead of these automated copy-paste messages.

Feels like I'm dealing with activision or bethesda or something.
Post automatically merged:

When it comes to big games like this, you're best to keep an eye on the clock i

That's SUCH a bummer to have to do while trying to fix their broken product. I'm immensely sad that this is coming from CD project.

Absolutely, and if I played 2 hours I would have been cool with that. I literally did not, though. I had to go through customizing my character 5 times to replay the same slow intro the same amount of time due to above stated issues. Of course the clock is gona tick away. I shut the game down as soon as I reached Night City because the visual bugs literally made me unable to steer. They don't even acknowledge my situtation when denying me. Atleast give me a support to talk to instead of these automated copy-paste messages.

Feels like I'm dealing with activision or bethesda or something.

That's SUCH a bummer to have to do while trying to fix their broken product. I'm immensely sad that this is coming from CD project.
I feel your pain, this has happened to me in the past, some games come with a launcher for installation, as soon as the launcher pops open, it counts as "playtime" and copypasta messages are the norm, if they can solve 90% of the problems with a message they will do so, welcome to the 21st century, where finding a human being to talk to in CS is the hardest thing on the planet.

I feel your pain, this has happened to me in the past, some games come with a launcher for installation, as soon as the launcher pops open, it counts as "playtime" and copypasta messages are the norm, if they can solve 90% of the problems with a message they will do so, welcome to the 21st century, where finding a human being to talk to in CS is the hardest thing on the planet.

Yep, I just had this fairytale idea of CD project (and steam to a certain extent) as... different.
Guess they're all the same. (when it comes to stuff like this).

Yep, I just had this fairytale idea of CD project (and steam to a certain extent) as... different.
Guess they're all the same. (when it comes to stuff like this).
if you bought it through Steam, the CDPR can't do toffee, it's all on Steam, you could ( and I don't endorse this practice) is contact your bank and see if you can get them to arrange a refund? depending on your country's Refund/consumer policies

if you bought it through Steam, the CDPR can't do toffee, it's all on Steam, you could ( and I don't endorse this practice) is contact your bank and see if you can get them to arrange a refund? depending on your country's Refund/consumer policies

Yea but Steams customer service won't take my call (message). They refer me over here. So... I guess I'm just not worth actual service.

I'd be careful with that advice though. it can potentially leave a bad mark on your account for future reference of concerns for refunding.

I'd be careful with that advice though. it can potentially leave a bad mark on your account for future reference of concerns for refunding.
yea, it's not without it's risks, hence why I say I don't endorse this practice, ppl need to read the T&C's more often

They made exceptions for No Man's Sky. Perhaps they'll make the same exceptions for this game if enough people complain.

no man's sky was blatent false advertising though, they had little choice but to concede

Yea, my issue isn't false advertisement. I see alot of people that seem to enjoy the game. My problem is that they give me this super non-optimized product which requires of me to download new drivers, tweak and tinker in the settings and restart a bunch of times and when I finally have the space to actually form an opinion and make a decision of the game its too late. That's so weak.

And quite frankly, beneath the image CD Project wants to paint of themselfs.

I'm still awaiting an answer from their support.

The expectation is that the game will work (well) and have basic features befitting of a PC release. It does not.

one could argue this as well, yea.

Regarding the topic of this thread, I would like to remind everyone that CDPR does not own Steam, and, unfortunately, probably has little infleunce on that platform's refund policies.

GOG, on the other hand, which is a part of the CD PROJEKT Group, has a far more lenient refund policy, which allows players to return their games within 30 days of purchase, even if they launched and played the title. This aligns with CDPR's gamer-friendly philosophy.

I'm in the same boat as you. Steam refusing a refund on a game that I cant play...
Hopefully CDPR can step in and do something. I feel a bit scammed and saying I'm disappointed is an understatement.
Anyone know if a chargeback is viable?

Top Bottom