Crash seconds after Character creation [SOLVED]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
[SOLVED]
I did not pay attention to the minimum specs that are required to run the game.
DirectX 12 is mandatory.
Use your command prompt and enter /dxdiag to check what Version you are using or if your Hardware allows DX12 at all. (mine does not q_q)

Original Post:

The game consistently crashes about 8-10 seconds after loading you into the game world for the first time.

For those few seconds the game seems to run a bit slow and as soon as one is supposed to get control of the character it freezes and crashes.
This is before you are able to save a game.
This Issue can be reproduced reliably on my machine and sadly affects every storyline and difficulty.

Attempts to fix:
- Reinstalled the game
- Reininstalled the graphics drivers (already had them updated)
- Checked intregrety of game files
- changed details of graphics, resolution, window-mode etc.
- started .exe directly without launcher
- disabled Steam-Overlay

I sent in all the error reports. They do not look promising tho, Breadcrumbs don't help.

So far nothing has changed anything. Please let me know if I can help with any additional Information and/or the specs of my Hardware.

Additional System Info to narrow down who is also a victim of this bug:

Windows 7 (Ultimate 64-Bit)

i7 - 4790K (LGA 1150 socket)
Asus Maximus Hero VII
16GB Ram
Geforce GTX 680 <- the problem

Last edited:
I have literally same problem here, you runnin it on windows 7 like me? Maybe is that the problem?

(Actually I don't even get to the part where u can control the character, my game crashes while loading after the character editing)
Post automatically merged:

The solution seems to be, to go to the previous driver version.

Seems the new drivers are meant to help but in our case they are doing the crashes, gl mate. Im gonna try it right now!

Same here. I can spend my time creating a character and then when it goes to the loading screen the game starts to load, I hear a few seconds of sound and then it crashes and causes my Display Driver to recover and I get the flatline error message.

I'm on Win7 also with an I7 3770K, GTX 1080TI

Same here. I can spend my time creating a character and then when it goes to the loading screen the game starts to load, I hear a few seconds of sound and then it crashes and causes my Display Driver to recover and I get the flatline error message.

I'm on Win7 also with an I7 3770K, GTX 1080TI

Im in win 7 with a gtx 1070 ti i7 4790, im installing older drivers right now, if it works Ill tell you!

Yep, same problem... Posted it before but I think it got merged or something. Also Win7, but in the other thread someone on Win 10 also had the problem, but only on start of a second game. Apparently for some deleting UserSettings.json in \AppData\Local\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077 and the file in the sub folder and not touching the settings after doing so fixed it, not for me though.

I can't find that folder where it is the appdata located? Seem that old drivers didn't work for me

BTW im installing win10 to see if it works :censored:

It's in your User folder, the one that is named like your username on the windows partition

C:\Users\*****\AppData\Local\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077

Cyberpunk uses two locations in your appdata

AppData\Local\CD Projekt Red\ for the game cache
AppData\Local\REDEngine\ is where you find your crash reports

Thanks for the update btw. Let us know if another OS changes anything. (I hope thats not the cause of the issue..)

Yeah It was hidden had to found it with the executable function directly exectuting C:\Users\****\AppData

Do you have direct x 12?
Thanks for the hint. I took another look at the minimum specs recommended for Cyberpunk and it turns out DirectX 12 is required.
Its very likely this the cause of my problem. I will edit the OP to help others with the same Issue.
No clue why I forget to mention my graphics card in the original post.. I guess its time for a new card.

Thank you a lot for the help Rawls!

I do have Direct 11 aswell, it must be that, with respect to the win10 update, it was a failure :/

Th OP of the other thread with the same problem also had dx 11 in dxdiag, but the problem got solved with deleting those files for them. My dxdiag also shows dx 11, but if I use the direct x webinstaller it says there is no newer version for me despite a GTX 970 theoretically being compatible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom