Strange Cyberpunk 2077 FPS DROP problem

+
Hello,

The point is that when i zoom camera (pressing right button of the mouse) i get like 10-20 FPS drop in Cyberpunk for 1-2 seconds. I tried to change settings in game and in Nvidia Control Panel but nothing works for me. Game goes on 35-45 FPS. Any ideas how to fix it ?

Laptop:

Ryzen 5 3550h

GTX 1650

16GB ram

Did you update your GPU drivers?

However, even if you get a good framerate there can be situations that are more demanding and cause a framerate drop. It’s possible that zooming in requires a bit more processing. Lowering a few of the settings might be a way to go in order to get a steady overall performance.

Other than that, closing every nonessential background application and disabling all overlay features might improve performance.

Is this happening in an area with lots of models/artifacts, or does it still happen in secluded areas such as V's apartment?

Did you update your GPU drivers?

However, even if you get a good framerate there can be situations that are more demanding and cause a framerate drop. It’s possible that zooming in requires a bit more processing. Lowering a few of the settings might be a way to go in order to get a steady overall performance.

Other than that, closing every nonessential background application and disabling all overlay features might improve performance.

A few things that definitely drop my fps substantially:
- Multiple in-game 'screens' playing stuff. An elevator with several of these is a good way to demonstrate it.
- Any room with a lot of clutter and multiple light sources.

Also - as an aside, most of the performance/optimization posts are being sent to a single thread (fine) but that thread is not bumping at all for some reason.

did you fix this? I'm having same issue. no matter the settings, when I zoom in (right mouse button) also when I'm in a vehicle and moving the camera around I get huge fps drops.

Make sure to close any CPU intensive apps in the background. You can also try to make sure that your chipset and graphics drivers are up to date, as well as some of the tips here:

Cheers,
Scaryspikes
SSP Gaming

I was also getting this issue, spent days trying everything i could think of to fix it! Eventually found something, changing the memory pool file to 0s on RAM allocation seemed to fix it for me.
However, after reading the soon to release hotfix notes, they're removing that file and supposedly it had no impact on performance. So who the hell knows really.

I'm experiencing the same issue, at first I thought it was just a matter of botched optimization, but nope - take a look at this.

Stable 62 FPS and then *bang* I use the scanner and it plummets down to 42 FPS.

It doesn't seem to have anything to do with the distant objects loading in or the scanner itself. Whenever I highlight or tag any sort of object, NPC or item, the frames drop for a couple of seconds, and then stabilize when the highlight disappears.
It happens everywhere regardless of scene complexity.

I have a similar problem.

Hardware:
i7-8700K, 1070Ti

I run the game at 45-50 fps, no matter if low or ultra settings. I can run and drive around just fine, forwards, sideways, diagonally, turning, no problem. As soon as I move the mouse though, I tank to 10 fps. This occured since the 1.05 update. Before that update I got 40-45 fps without this problem. This is consistent through all environments, be it V's apartment or the 6th Street party.

Top Bottom