Cyberpunk 2077 User Reviews & Impressions

+
Game is a mess for me. Considering current gen systems were supposed to be the target for the game the way it performs on them is just atrocious. Can't speak to how it plays on the higher end hardware but as far as my experiences so far are concerned this game should never have been released in this state and it's clear that CDPR fully knew this and sold it anyway. Honestly I feel a bit betrayed given the trust I'd had in them after playing all their previous games. I know some of this is likely just the fresh wounds talking but it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I would refund if I had the option but sadly not really an option on Playstation. I can definitely say though that I'm never buying day 1 from this company again. They are going in the same category as so many other devs, wait for a price drop and patches so that I can enjoy the game that should have been there at release.

So... finally, here is it! What do you think about Cyberpunk?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for myself, I have decided to let this game age in the cellar for 1-2 years to become a true masterpiece. If you played The Witcher Wild Hunt long enough, you know the difference between version 1.01 and 1.32. If you didn't, trust me - it was very noticeable. I enjoyed the game so much more when the bugs and rough edges were refined, so I am going to do this with Cyberpunk.
It is entertaining. I'm playing for more than 10hs and I only finished the mission The Hide minutes ago. There are plenty of activities, people and places to interact with. I'm also reading the jornal and managing my inventory a lot. Yes there are some bugs and issues but they are not a big deal.

I'm on PS4 - I can't find a PS5 to buy right now so next year I will play it again but on PS5.

But the game is indeed entertaining!

Ps: the sound and soundtrack are great

I can't believe I have waited for this game for years. My impression? It's worse than The Witcher 1 and 2, let alone 3 Wild Hunt that is my favorite video game of all time. The soul of the witcher seires is just gone. Meaningful stories, multi-layered lines, thought-provoking subjects and so on are altered by the opposites. lines are flat, boring, one-dimensional.

The writers of witcher series are all fired or what? 'Gigs' Regina gives you are just joking. It's just killing someone or talking to someone and that's it. What does it mean? Delamain quests are just so repetitive and also meaningless, Tarot painting quest is too. It's literally Ubisoft level of side contents and that's what I never thought CDPR will make.

Yeah, main story is fine until now and I have played 10 hours only so it can be early judging but I strongly doubt It will change. Seriously, I will accept It as just a mistake while you guys are making first game of brand new IP. just don't mess up next Witcher game please?

Playing as a Male V, Nomad on PC (Wins 10). Having experienced almost no bug so far, I'm giving it a tentative 7/10. I am not sure the score can be any higher from here on out.

I've just entered Act 2 and here're my thoughts:

1. The story is great and told in an interesting way.

2. The RPG elements feel very lacking, if not completely non-existent. Many dialogues have only 2 options, some even 1 (like hello?? Why are you making me choose when there is just 1 option???)

3. The open world aspect is pretty okay. Ambience is great and worlds feels very lived-in

4. Immersion is top notch. The best I've felt in many years

5. Up to this point, dialogue options taken during supposedly important moments make 0 difference in the story (at least for me)
- Jackie Welles dies in Act 1 no matter what you do
- Dexter DeShawn betrays you and gets killed by the start of Act 2 no matter what you do or say

I'm like, by the Gods, CDPR. Way to waste 2 interesting characters just like that.

6. As far as character building goes, this game shockingly feels worse than Mass Effect: Andromeda for me. Male V always sounds edgy, depressed and angry no matter which dialogue option is picked. I'm like: "Hello???? Who or what am I role-playing and why is he so angry/sad at something/someone I barely understand??? I am so confused!!"

7. Many things are just scripted cutscenes masquerading as dialogue options. You just smash "F" to advance the plot, but it does not change no matter what you do. That is not quite what I expect from a good RPG.

I would like to make it clear that the game is good enough to make me want to keep playing. But not good enough to make me want to "replay".

I was originally planning to do 6 playthroughs (2 on each Lifepath). Now I think the number will go down to just 2 (Male Nomad & Female Corpo), because so far, there is not enough branching in the story to make me want to replay anything.

It also does not help that Male V's voice actor is just not on the level of Commander Shepard (Mass Effect) or The Sole Survivor (Fallout 4)

I'm going to switch to a 2nd character and play Female Corpo, see if things feel better.

Just to give a quick overview.

I have pretty much played it nonstop since release and is not very far in the story, pretty much right after Silverhand.

Im playing a nomad and in the first game (lasted 10 minutes, because I didn't like my nails :D) Anyway, I noticed quite a few duplicated NPCs often right next to each other. Which seemed pretty weird to be honest.

But restarted as Nomad again and went to check those NPC again and they were different and didn't see any duplicates. So it seems that for the random NPC, they probably just choose from a random pool of characters and sometimes they are duplicates.

And guess it's mostly a problem in less dense populated areas as you will notice it very quickly there.

I feared a lot of crashing and bugs to really ruin the game. But I have to admit, that I really haven't encountered any big ones. I had to reload once because there were some weird red lines all over the screen and think that is pretty much it, at least which I remember.

There are still quite a few graphic bugs, but nothing compared to other newly released games in my opinion and most of them are really not that annoying, once in a while a character might be sitting in mid air, some random clutter floating above the ground. A bit of pop in of characters etc. But again nothing I would say is ruining the experience for me at least.

I am still very confused about there not being a walk button, because your character does occasionally switch to walking automatically, but as with most games it sort of works but you still occasionally get the weird running, when other are walking.

Especially one episode made me laugh, when a character says "V lets walk" and my first thought was that I should have a dialog option saying that "I can't, it's simply not possible, I can hack stuff and do a lot of other crazy things, but walking is not one of them".

But getting all these things out of the way, I have to say that this game is absolutely awesome :D

And I would suggest playing it on very hard or at least hard (Im not a very good FPS player myself), it doesn't seem that crazy to be honest. Since i don't play a lot of FPS games, I might not be especially into how shooting is suppose to work when being good or bad. But to me at least it works very well, obviously there is some skill linked to how good you are at hitting enemies, but then again its a RPG game, so I really don't get why people find it less than good. I haven't done that much melee, since I decided to go Tech and guns. But from what I have tried, I think it's fine and can easily see how you could make a fun play through focusing on that, it's not just hack and slash, there are some tactics to it, and since the game is fairly fast phased. I don't really see what people would have liked differently. At least to me, it doesn't strike me as a game where you carefully stand one vs one, some enemies use melee weapons while other try to shoot you and at least on very hard you go down fast, so you can't really fool around to much.

The story and the mission so far have been very cool and since I haven't completed it (or even close), its again just my initial impression. It really gets you hook and invested in it.

In regards to adult content, from the reviews it sounded like it was crazy, but personally I have barely seen or noticed it. There are the odd posters, dancers etc. As seen in the trailers. So maybe it depends on each person, but to me, it fits the world and is not really dominating in a weird way.

Driving I actually think work very well, the cars or at least those I have tried are not overly aggressive like in GTA and are fairly easy to get you from A to B, due to that. To me GTA is way to sensitive. So guess that depends on what people like. Same with motorcycles works fine. (I prefer driving in FP, to sort of keep it all in that perspective.)

The UI have a bit clunkiness to it and some weird decision have been made I think. Like you can't quickly eat and drink to buff yourself, you have to go into the inventory, which is a little bit annoying and I think they should add that.

I do a lot of crafting and it seems fine. I do however not agree with some of the reviewers that you have to worry about ammo, it's easily crafted and in huge amounts. So maybe that were changed or maybe the person didn't check the crafting menu.

Healing is a bit spamming or what to say, again might be because I craft a lot. But I am never low on those either.

The city itself as others have mentioned as well is really cool. And it's hard to describe, its just awesome :D

Music and sound is top notch, nothing really to say here. Easily 10/10. There are some you don't like and some you do, but overall just amazing. The only thing I would probably change is the sound for when you run, it sounds sort of like someone putting their whole foot in the ground, rather than heel first. But again, a very minor thing :D

My biggest issue with the game so far, is that sometimes there are stuff that are very difficult to pick up and in some cases impossible as it simply doesn't register it, but guess that will be fixed quickly.

Some other things which are minor issues and that I would probably change:

- There are a lot of different foods and drinks, which basically does the same, so it's quite difficult to tell them apart, which seems to kind of add clutter rather than clarity.
- Its a bit annoying that you can't really see which weapons are single, semi or automatic weapons. Same goes with mods and stuff you can add to your weapons, its not clear which mods/augmentations is compatible with which weapons.

As a general thing, if I were CDPR I would probably remove almost all food and drink items from the game that you can randomly loot. There is so much of it that it makes it pointless to buy.

And as a sort of final note before initial score :)

Is that adding modding to the game, could make it an absolutely gem amongst games, like the Skyrim of Cyberpunk. Because it would allow modders to add all the minor details that would make Night city absolutely insane.

But as the game stands now and taking into consideration that nothing is perfect. This game is easily 10/10 for me if the story keeps up. Even if it doesn't I don't think it deserves anything less than 9/10, unless the story really fails.

Sure it have the odd glitches and bugs etc. But at least from my experiencing, nothing compared to how games from a lot of the other AAA studios release them at the moment, this is one hell of a game. And the hype is absolutely deserved in my opinion.

Last edited:
I'm impressed, as my GTX 1080 (While 4-year-old 10 series card) still allows me to have a 55-70 FPS experience on ultra (save for fog and reflections enabled) @ 1080p that is really quite enjoyable; as far as bugs, I only received some foliage issues that were resolved with NVidia's drivers, some animation glitches, and decal flashing...

Other than that, my 4-hour playthrough has been pretty much bug-free, as there were no game-breaking ones; I'd say my main issues are with the walking and mandatory F key rebind issue which is frankly unneeded, why hard code the F key for fucks sake!?

I can say that I for sure thought some things would be pretty bad, I never had the confidence or trust some people had for CDPR since I had no prior history of even knowing about them.
After seeing the Night City Wires an trailers, I felt that a lot of my negative beliefs would be disproved. I still thought the writing wouldn't be that great though based off what I saw. Welp, this is.... interesting to say the least.

It's bad in my opinion but I thought the issues could be fixed later on, but based off what others said, doubtful.

Playing as a Male V, Nomad on PC (Wins 10). Having experienced almost no bug so far, I'm giving it a tentative 7/10. I am not sure the score can be any higher from here on out.

2. The RPG elements feel very lacking, if not completely non-existent. Many dialogues have only 2 options, some even 1 (like hello?? Why are you making me choose when there is just 1 option???)

3. The open world aspect is pretty okay. Ambience is great and worlds feels very lived-in

5. Up to this point, dialogue options taken during supposedly important moments make 0 difference in the story (at least for me)
- Dexter DeShawn betrays you and gets killed by the start of Act 2 no matter what you do or say

I'm like, by the Gods, CDPR. Way to waste 2 interesting characters just like that.

6. As far as character building goes, this game shockingly feels worse than Mass Effect: Andromeda for me. Male V always sounds edgy, depressed and angry no matter which dialogue option is picked. I'm like: "Hello???? Who or what am I role-playing and why is he so angry/sad at something/someone I barely understand??? I am so confused!!"

7. Many things are just scripted cutscenes masquerading as dialogue options. You just smash "F" to advance the plot, but it does not change no matter what you do. That is not quite what I expect from a good RPG.

I would like to make it clear that the game is good enough to make me want to keep playing. But not good enough to make me want to "replay".

I was originally planning to do 6 playthroughs (2 on each Lifepath). Now I think the number will go down to just 2 (Male Nomad & Female Corpo), because so far, there is not enough branching in the story to make me want to replay anything.

It also does not help that Male V's voice actor is just not on the level of Commander Shepard (Mass Effect) or The Sole Survivor (Fallout 4)

I'm going to switch to a 2nd character and play Female Corpo, see if things feel better.

That spoiler though, wow, wow...

Oh well,
I never did like Jackie, we never saw in a trailer us getting closer to him, I guess that's because of the whole speed everything up montage. Also sad thing about dialogue options, wonder how much difference between RPG and shooter this actually is.

the game is a shame... i have been following it since ages. not even once was it this ugly. i play in ultra. the settings are fine. the overal aesthetics of the characters in game are horrible. total nightmarefuel. you can rarely see any white people... and its obvious that it was changed to this in the last seconds. most likely due to blm and lmbtq pressure. would refund if i could. (notice when keanu reeves is present in the game, its a totally different caliber, and a fine game. as soon as he disappeares, the game transforms into a mess.) its totally obvious that there was a perfectly fine story and game done. but in the last minutes they pushed it full of this crap. solid 2/10 game. not more. not buying cd projekt red games anymore until they prove they can make a normal game. not this gibbon trans show.

Finally I can post :D

So after all those years we can finally play Cyberpunk and its great really great! Athough of course not perferct I would say that the game live up to my expectations in like maybe 85-90% so I would share some issues I have with the game and really would like to hear your opinion on the matter. (Playing on PC)

- Bad optimization and some bugs and toggle walk option on PC is really discussed here so I wont be writting much about it and I am sure that would be adressed in a near future.
- Sometimes it feels like the enemies are too spongy you know, I am playing on normal and I dont know it feels kinda weird when you unload two shells from shotgun to a guy who is one meter away and only take half his health ... maybe enemies could take little more damage IDK
- It feels like the world is weirdly despawning and respawning at times, like when you see cars and pedestrians on one side of the street and then you turn camera 180 degrees and then you immediately turn camera back all cars and people respawn and there are completely different cars and people thats weird ... or when you driving and cars in the distance are just despawning and spawning all of the sudden also weird
- Police system need some work
- And my biggest dissapoinment so far ... I thougt that the world would be more interactive you know, I am not far in the game yet so maybe it will change in later stages, but some minigames like pub games or something would be nice, or all those food stands and 24/7 around map with which you cant interact and buy something there you know ... or when you go to a bar or restaurant and you cant just sit there and drink beer or shots or eat with some nice animations ( its always just inventory transactions without no animations) and stuff like that ... I dont know after all those years I expected more in the area of world interactions more like GTA San Andreas style you know (there was insanse amount of interactions in that game) so that kinda dissapointing but its nothing major or gamebreaking, I just thought they will put more love into the world interactivity thats all

Those are just some issues I came along so far, dont hesitate to share yours and your opinon on the matter :) Otherwise the game is really great and I am enjoying it so far :)

Welp,
I am like 5 hours in and I agree with most of what has been said.

Like...empty locations, linear progress, time jump not done too well, meaningless choices, story holes, bad UI,...?
It's more like watching a cinematic for me... :D
I still don't get the controls, crafting, and what should I do... :D

Though the main story moves on and I am still interested.

The major problems I have with the game are:
- it seems like there is literally cut like 70% of the story content...? Though I hope it's just a braindance or that it will open with new playthroughs,...?
- I don't get if some of the dialogues or NPC interactions in front of V are actual teases for quests...? I tried to speak, react to them or try to resolve the problems, but it doesn't do anything...:D

the game is a shame... i have been following it since ages. not even once was it this ugly. i play in ultra. the settings are fine. the overal aesthetics of the characters in game are horrible. total nightmarefuel. you can rarely see any white people... and its obvious that it was changed to this in the last seconds. most likely due to blm and lmbtq pressure. would refund if i could. (notice when keanu reeves is present in the game, its a totally different caliber, and a fine game. as soon as he disappeares, the game transforms into a mess.) its totally obvious that there was a perfectly fine story and game done. but in the last minutes they pushed it full of this crap. solid 2/10 game. not more. not buying cd projekt red games anymore until they prove they can make a normal game. not this gibbon trans show.
No way you can blame others for this. I don't see what your seeing at all and that wouldn't have made the game the way it is lmao

Man that's sad knowing you're a big RPG fan. Hope it gets better

I've enjoyed it somewhat thus far. The core game feels decent, the voicing is top notch and the combat is reasonably good - although enemy hitboxes feel slightly smaller than their models indicate. Story is great, although badly in need of some 'fish out of water' explanations of just what is going on.

The biggest problems for me thus far are:
- Weapon/enemy variety feels a little lacking (perhaps this improves later?)
- Insanely poor performance and optimization (Marvel's Avengers level of woof)
- Buggy
- Gore and nudity feel dialed down from initial trailers
- Driving feels floaty and unresponsive

Perhaps with a few weeks of diligent patching...but I do feel slightly regretful about preordering this.

6- The "6 Months later" time jump. It seems like a beginning portion of the game was completely skipped. I now have an Apartment, a better Car, a bunch of Contacts who Ive apparently met, but dont really know. Ive done a bunch of things all over NC that I only remember from a montage.
Yet Im still Level 1 with no $ and no Perks/Skills?
Aside from the egregious technical issues, this is one of the issues with the actual gameplay that I really dislike. The whole intro sequence felt incredibly rushed and forced upon me, like an easy way out of developing more interesting exposition. During the fucking time skip video they could've at least introduced the character of "T-Bug" since you're immediately taking orders from her after the time skip ends. I felt so completely out of place, like "what the fuck am I doing here".

I said this in another thread but I wish they would've scrapped the three origin stories idea altogether because I think it really drags the game down as a whole. I think it would've been cool if we started inside of a prison in night city and had to escape. Of course we could still choose our origin which would affect dialogue options and such, but everyone would play the same sequence at the beginning. Maybe once you escape you get a call from one of the three factions depending upon your origin story and from that point you're free to pursue story/side missions or just explore Night City.

In any case I feel like it could've been handled FAR better. This is honestly such a huge letdown; I can't really believe they dropped the ball this hard. I feel like I could've written a better game so far. Talk is cheap lol, but I honestly do feel like I could've provided an experience that far more players would have enjoyed much more than what we got.

I've enjoyed it somewhat thus far. The core game feels decent, the voicing is top notch and the combat is reasonably good - although enemy hitboxes feel slightly smaller than their models indicate. Story is great, although badly in need of some 'fish out of water' explanations of just what is going on.

The biggest problems for me thus far are:
- Weapon/enemy variety feels a little lacking (perhaps this improves later?)
- Insanely poor performance and optimization (Marvel's Avengers level of woof)
- Buggy
- Gore and nudity feel dialed down from initial trailers
- Driving feels floaty and unresponsive

Perhaps with a few weeks of diligent patching...but I do feel slightly regretful about preordering this.
I regret it to, and mature content isn't as mature as we were led to believe or allowed to assume. Just give me the full nudity as promised, would be a start for me.

Maybe is the time where Cd Projekt red returns to be the humble passionate Gaming House we loved across the years? Because make no mistake this not even barely qualifies as rpg.

Even Fallout4 as awful as rpg is have more answers to give to npcs. V is not you. Is not even your character is just an predefined entity you have some degree of customization of.

The game felt like if they took other mechanics from different game and glued them togheter on a single title. Granted i don't own the game i played it at a friend home. But still.

I think Action Adventure FPS is what can better define this game. Is Gamey. Has nothing innovative. And i don't think a patch can fix that honestly.

I also left out all the frame issues and the bugs.

Going to give this game a week or two for patches. Really, really like it thus far but if I continue to play as is, I'm only going to get frustrated.

The good:
- Fantastic story, characters and voicing
- Great soundtrack
- Gunplay is decent
- Loot!
- Night City is well realized and nicely dense/varied

The bad:
- As many have pointed out, the performance is dire - especially if you don't have a GPU capable of DLSS. My trusty 1080ti that runs nearly anything at 45+ fps at 4k weeps tears of blood trying to stay above 30fps at 1440p on medium-lowish settings. And that game isn't even *that* great looking. This isn't Crysis or Oblivion.
- A lot of the gore/nudity has been toned down
- Enemy hitboxes feel smaller than the model suggests, making things rather hard to hit
- Guns (at least thus far) lack variety
- While I haven't hit a show-stopping bug yet, there are enough visual, texture and animation glitches in the world to make it all feel rough
- No matter what I try to say, my character insists on being an unpleasant, snarky butthole
- Enemies feel a little bullet spongy

Overall, I'm going to wait a bit and finish some other games first. I'll look forward to coming back to this when it's a little less busted.

Ouch I was looking forward to this but there are so many bugs on PS4 Pro
20201210_225336.jpg
, menus hanging ie image above, buttons not working not being able to change view while drivng, textures including in menu failing to load, low resolution looks like looking through a vaseline smeared window, texture pop in, frame rate dips, primary mission failing to update see victor still tracked back to ripper doc, crash to ps4 home arriving at China town mission, loaded back up and primary mission changed to meet viktor back in shop I really hope they cd project red can sort this out, however digital foundry said this game is so advanced technically it needs to be ran on high end PC or new console so not holding out much on this, DF also said this was like a switch version of the witcher high praise indeed, at least you offer a free upgrade to PS5 if I can get one that is. In Closing I guess the crunch was worth it???

I regret it to, and mature content isn't as mature as we were led to believe or allowed to assume. Just give me the full nudity as promised, would be a start for me.

This feels like a game that is going to be bloody amazing in mid 2021, especially once modders have a crack at it.

Yeah, the nudity and gore feel substantially toned down (my character wears shorts in the shower...really?) but it's the framerate and muddy visuals that are getting my goat.

Also - hoping for a mod where both I and enemies deal double damage. Everything is just so tanky, and far too many firefights have involved me and an enemy standing there pouring bullets into each other until one of us dies.

Top Bottom