Cyberpunk 2077 User Reviews & Impressions

+
Really ironed into my head that "Never pre-order" is a good maxim to follow, even for your favorite game company and most hyped up game.

I really hope they take feedback seriously at this point, because they have a lot of work to do to fix the crazy bugs this game has from launch, some game-breaking, and otherwise killing immersion.

I also feel like the game is super linear at the very first portion, making me unlikely to want to replay this game through separate playthroughs just because the game pretty much forces you into the main story for a few hours, in which your choices ultimately don't matter, in the grand scheme of things.

That being said, I have yet to play the rest of the game past the title flash.

Really ironed into my head that "Never pre-order" is a good maxim to follow, even for your favorite game company and most hyped up game.

I really hope they take feedback seriously at this point, because they have a lot of work to do to fix the crazy bugs this game has from launch, some game-breaking, and otherwise killing immersion.

I also feel like the game is super linear at the very first portion, making me unlikely to want to replay this game through separate playthroughs just because the game pretty much forces you into the main story for a few hours, in which your choices ultimately don't matter, in the grand scheme of things.

That being said, I have yet to play the rest of the game past the title flash.

Yeah, I've been bitten twice this year. Once by DOOM: Eternal (which I struggled to enjoy) and now this.

I am glad to support CDPR - but this release has undone a little bit of my faith in them and ...yeah, let's just say I hope they manage to fix this before Christmas.

So far I love the Game, but it is pretty rough around the edges and yes I think it will be a true masterpiece once the patches are fixing many things.

My 3 Major Issues with this Game are:

- Loot System
totally annoying. Who literally thought that it is a good idea to randomize clothes and stats together? This is so ugly I am happy to be in 1st person most time. Also Upgrade and Crafting are not really supporting the loot system. You need at least think this over:

Example 1: Clothes are optical, stats are done via slots that you can either craft, or dismantle from other items the enemies drop or you find them / buy them.

Example 2: Transmog! That would be the quick and dirty solution.

- No walking on Keyboard: Come on ... breaks immersion as hell. Little thing to fix.

- Performance: I own a MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 3090 / Ryzen 3700X / 32GB Ram / Game installed on a Samsung 980 Pro and I get 45-55fps on 4k Ultra Settings? (I doubt my upgrade to Ryzen 5950X will change that.)

When I play with Keyboard / Mouse I use my UWQHD 3440x1440 and even on this resolution I get drops to 35fps and the game is between 60 - 80 fps bouncing on Ultra.

Optimization needed mid term.

Hi, after six played hours a must say, this game is absolutely CHAOS for me.
I don't understand how to play
I don't understand of story
I don't understand systems of this game

And mainly, no fun. This game is very boring and not interested for me.

Such a shame. I'm sorry I invested in this game. The Witcher III is still King of games but this, this is piece of shit. Sorry guys. New games are just really bad.

Such a shame. I'm sorry I invested in this game. The Witcher III is still King of games but this, this is piece of shit. Sorry guys. New games are just really bad.

I honestly don't understand whats the exact problem?

You play with mouse / keyboard or gamepad? You can play it as shooter, stealth or melee Game?
After 6 hours you are not even through the prolog. Yes the start of the game is slow paced and so on, but what exactly don't you understand? The main story and plot startet for me after 11 hours.

Did you ever play Deus Ex or a RPG in 1st Person?

I really like it. I didn't think I would.

My take from the technical complaints is that either the game works pretty well, or it works almost not at all. Strange. For me, after more than 10 hours of play, there have been two minor bugs. Just two. Both were fixed with a re-load. Total play time lost = about two minutes total. Graphically, it runs very smoothly on my machine (definitely not a powerhouse) at the recommended settings, and looks beautiful. I usually get headaches from first person view games because of non-smooth graphical movement. But so far in CP2077, I've had zero discomfort; which has been another pleasant surprise.

Also, I'm levelling both a tech / stealth character and a more traditional combat character. Except where some irritating forced scripting screws up my plans, the tech / stealth character is really fun, and does offer a significantly different way to approach most of what I've encountered so far. I'm playing on normal difficulty.

Edit: A day later, I have now encountered my first quest breaking bug that can't be fixed with a re-load. It's an unimportant side quest, so it's not a big deal, but it does make my original comment in this post no longer accurate. Wanted to fix that.

Last edited:

I understand partly where you are coming from.
There are quite a few things that are not explained clearly
For example a Mission was telling me to "Read the Shard of _____", but there was no explanation where or what that was. Was it an inventory Item? Was it something I needed to find in the Open World? Nope. Shards are listed under your Journal Tab which you have to hover over in order to even know its there. I spent like an hour looking for this and it was right there, but wasnt clearly explained.
This happens in this game A LOT

Hello,

I think that...
There's a mistake, a big big mistake on current-gen, and you know it too, you knew it too...
What you did isn't fair and cool, oh no, it's really not.

I'm having fun. Playing on ps4. I've ran into a few bugs and pop-ins, but nothing game breaking so far. Many of the mechanics in this game bring me back to the Witcher.

I think one of the problems with this launch is people had their expectations up way too high. I knew there would be no way the ps4 version would look as good as a high end pc, so I expected a significant graphics downgrade from the 48 minute preview we had in (what was it... 2018?).

Anyway. A great game with bugs, like many open world rpgs. I played Skyrim at launch, so I know it takes time to iron out all the kinks. I love the atmosphere and the story so far.

This feels like a game that is going to be bloody amazing in mid 2021, especially once modders have a crack at it.

Yeah, the nudity and gore feel substantially toned down (my character wears shorts in the shower...really?) but it's the framerate and muddy visuals that are getting my goat.

Also - hoping for a mod where both I and enemies deal double damage. Everything is just so tanky, and far too many firefights have involved me and an enemy standing there pouring bullets into each other until one of us dies.
Yeah, thats why it would be a starty nudity and gore stuff isn't my only complaints, games just looks average as well if not bad for ps4, a console generation the game was supposedly designed for. Dont have the ability to get a ps5 either or a good enough pc, so I may have to wait on better quality, whether through mods or patches
Post automatically merged:

I'm having fun. Playing on ps4. I've ran into a few bugs and pop-ins, but nothing game breaking so far. Many of the mechanics in this game bring me back to the Witcher.

I think one of the problems with this launch is people had their expectations up way too high. I knew there would be no way the ps4 version would look as good as a high end pc, so I expected a significant graphics downgrade from the 48 minute preview we had in (what was it... 2018?).

Anyway. A great game with bugs, like many open world rpgs. I played Skyrim at launch, so I know it takes time to iron out all the kinks. I love the atmosphere and the story so far.
Part of the problem with the graphics in particular, is that the game was developed for the ps4 generation of console, and there are other recent and older gsmes that's look better than on ps4 than cyberpunk. So the issue isn't that pc looks better(games always will) just the over all quality is down.
And the hype, who is responsible for that? CDprojekt, told us all how this game was gonna be and look, whats gonna be in it, but then delays followed by a mediocre release is a huge let down. Will the game be entertaining? Probably, but nowhere near the revolutionary game it should, could, or purported to be.

Last edited:
8.5 hours in and I am enjoying myself. Combat I find easy (mouse and keyboard) I should have picked a harder difficulty, meh, next play through.

I'm beautiful, stunning in fact... my clothing however... I see NPC's wearing outfits I want so I chase them for a closer look. They probably think I'm weird =P I am hoping some of these outfits I can find in game.

Being stuck with Jackie... sighs

One thing I really enjoy; I hear gunfire, it draws me like a magnet. I find a lot of encounters like this. Some I start <3 Oh I found a pink shotty, made me cheer!

Yeah I think you are right about the high expectations. But personally I think it delivers and have only had minor issues, rest are simply what to be expected, like bugs etc. and some might experience more than others. But CDPR did obviously decide to release the review copies with all the bugs, so they should have expected that and can obviously only blame themself for that I guess.

But looking past that, im not really sure what more people expected from it? The characters are really cool and well acted, the environment is extremely interesting and diverse. The music is perfect. You do have choices in the game, might not be as regular as some people might have wished for, im not sure. Obviously it would be great if all missions had consequences. (That is why we need modding :D). Combat in my opinion is pretty solid, even the basic weapons, which is what I use at the moment. And as far as I understand it gets better later on.

Guest 4375874

Several hours in and enjoying the game very much. I'm sure it could be polished more but I haven't seen anything that's game breaking. It's a massive game, there will be bugs and they will be fixed. In the mean time I really don't see anything that's so unsatisfactory that I'll not play the game.

As for the witcher 3 comparison, I played on pc which I believe had a lot but again...didn't stop me from enjoying the story while those were patched.

Did you ever play Deus Ex or a RPG in 1st Person?

The latest Deus Ex game (which is over 4 years old) is better in most ways than Cyberpunk, especially visuals. My impression so far was to stop playing the game after about a half-hour in. It's just too blurry, ugly, glitchy, with textures constantly popping in, so distracting, etc. I'm playing on Series X and have been playing Vahalla and Red Dead 2 and those games look and play waaaaaaaay better than Cyberpunk. I was astonished and disappointed upon loading Cyberpunk, after all the years of waiting and hype. What a huge let down. And I've been a CDPR fan/supporter/advocate for years, but honestly, they've lost me somewhat with this mess of a release. What makes it worse is they KNEW it, and wouldn't let reviewers have the console version before launch to review. So shady. As usual, in the end, money always wins over integrity. So disappointed in CDPR right now.

Guest 4406876

That's a summary with my experience with CP77 so far,I'm around 50 hours in: Hey! THer's a chinese dude with Meatsticks! Let's have one (you know like sleeping dogs..) oooh wait you can't...it's just there as a backdrop...and to lower my framerate as everything else. Rpg...RRrrright
cp77c.jpg

The latest Deus Ex game (which is over 4 years old) is better in most ways than Cyberpunk, especially visuals. My impression so far was to stop playing the game after about a half-hour in. It's just too blurry, ugly, glitchy, with textures constantly popping in, so distracting, etc. I'm playing on Series X and have been playing Vahalla and Red Dead 2 and those games look and play waaaaaaaay better than Cyberpunk. I was astonished and disappointed upon loading Cyberpunk, after all the years of waiting and hype. What a huge let down. And I've been a CDPR fan/supporter/advocate for years, but honestly, they've lost me somewhat with this mess of a release. What makes it worse is they KNEW it, and wouldn't let reviewers have the console version before launch to review. So shady. As usual, in the end, money always wins over integrity. So disappointed in CDPR right now.

Well performance was not part of that discussion until now. I played the Deus Ex Games etc too. This game is way better. You cannot even think to judge it, as the game starts after 5-6 hours. The rest is intro.
What I totally understand is the disappointment in terms of performance.
I play it on PC with an RTX3090 and Ryzen 3700X(will test it on Ryzen 5950X today) and it runs "okayish" on 4k with 44-55fps when maxed out. But if I lower the reslution to 3440x1440 on my Desktop Display, it runs on the same setting with 60-80 but gets massive drops when driving through the open world up to 35fps.

I know thats nothing compared to consoles, but yeah .. if my machine cant run it decently withthe latest Hardware and its also Nvidia optimized ... I can imagine how frustrated a Console / AMD User might be.
They will patch it. How good? ... well we will see.

Top Bottom