how do you like the character editor?

+
It's good and bad in some ways, the hype this game has had, i think we all were expecting something super but we were slightly let down in some areas, lack of skin colors or a edit bar for it also no skin types, or body sliders beards still look bad they can do hair styles well enough but not facial hair, but there is enough options to play around with but u don't have full control of how to create ur very own V like in most other RPG style games, i hate to say it but i will... NBA 2k21 has more options to create ur very own character than this.

It's awful, I expected much better. no sliders, just a few presets for everything, can't change head shape, but most importantly the body is completely fixed, where are the settings for height, weight, build? So disappointed.

I'm very, very disappointed. Honestly, the character creation menu has this extremely odd lighting to start. Second, probably 75% of the options look just plain bad. Everything seems to clash horribly, there's no "reasonable" options for anything - you either have to look like this 40 year old punk, or this 40 year old punk, there's no in between, there's no "normal", you can't pick your own style, basically, or design anything according to what you want, you're basically limited to choosing as close to the default as you can get to look even halfway decent.

I was expecting sliders, and a lot more freedom in general in the character creation.

On top of that, the UI is HORRIBLE. You press the wrong key and it resets your mouse. You click on things, and it snaps the mouse to the buttons. I want raw mouse input in the menus, literally it's almost unusable in it's current state using a mouse and keyboard. It just resets the scroll and moves your mouse all on its own completely randomly. (most notably when pressing q and e at the same time while rotating character, it resets mouse position to the first option and scrolls to the top).

The "genitalia customization" is basically "Here's 3 options". Same for everything else, honestly. It feels kinda like the GTA5 "You can be this ugly person and this ugly person". It was a huge struggle to even get something that didn't look cringe/clashing/boxy/bony/drug addict/60-year-old/etc.

They honestly needed another year to work on this game, and to get a _real_ decent PC port, since it looks they barely got it working for consoles in time, and rushed menus and the like in order to speed things up. I'm guessing the character creator is part of what got cut in order to save time and reduce crunch in time for their fifth(fourth?) release date.

I _really_ wish the game was first-third person, with the option to switch in between whenever you want, I mean, I don't know why they even bothered with character creator if you're just gonna be in first person anyways, but I guess you get to look at your clothing options in the menu.

The lack of _any_ choice at all whatsoever for the body was also a big disappointment. You can be this skinny guy, or this skinny girl. It's cool there's no restrictions about gender and stuff like that, but iirc they advertised a slider that would let you choose an in-between as well. Not sure where that went.

Basically a huge let-down for me. I was looking forward to being able to make something cool in my single-player game, and enjoy the world in a character that I felt represented me. Instead, I was presented with limiting options, and absolutely no choice about style.

The characters all look boxy and drug-addict-y, and they're all either skinny, or they're a custom hero-asset/main quest character. I would have been more impressed if they'd just said "ok, you can be a boy or a girl, that's it", and then they just went and did what they did with the witcher. At least in the witcher series I felt like I was in a somewhat diverse world. Here, it's the same grungy looking punks everywhere. Everyone has the same style. Everyone in the city is unrealistically punk, and _everyone_ is a drunk, skinny, 30-60 year old, with the occasional blue-dress-shirt and black-slacks npc they re-use 30 times to T-pose to the ground as he suicides to his death.

Overall, the character creator is what I was looking forward to the most in this game, and I was very very let down by the lack of options and lack of ability to make a character that wasn't just a straight up generic drug-obsessed punk that the developers decided for me that I would want to be, that has absolutely nothing to do with being remotely unique.

And don't get me started on the strange green lighting in the character creator room. Like, you select a white hair colour and it looks green. Then you get in the game and it's BRIGHT-blue. You select the brightest normal-looking blue eye option available, and the first cutscene shows your eyes are like pitch-black. They really need to spend more time on it and I hope it's either moddable or gets an update. Probably the only saving grace for me to _really_enjoy this game is if they update the char creator (doubtful), or if they let us do it (hopeful).
Post automatically merged:

I just dont think penis/vagina/breast options are actually a big deal.. Like, so what you cant intimately describe what genitals and very decide you want the perfect pair off tits - so what?

I dont think a video game should have 50 different vaginas/penis options.

Then, maybe you should actually play the game, then you can observe the fact there are literally 2 penis options (and 3 size options) and 1 vagina option, and that's it. Oh, and there's 3 boob sizes. That's all you get.

You don't get to choose a "perfect pair" of anything, you get like 3 choices and they're fixed, no sliders. There are no sliders at all in the entire character creator, for some reason.

I made a character with some options I don't like. For example the character has makeup and other customizations that you "should be able to change later".

For you guys that have not made your character yet. Be SHURE you like the character you make because you wont be able to change anything later!

My recommendations to project red is to have a option to change some things after creation.

Don't forget that whatever you pick in the character creator? Your character is going to look COMPLETELY different in the game, thanks to a combination of the clothes they wear and mostly lighting. ALL the normal-colour eyes show up as basically black in the game, so don't even bother worrying about which one you pick.

On top of all that, there's like 6 colour options, in a user interface that should have just had a freaking HSL or RBG colour selection (or both!), with a selection of presets. And the makeups! Who thought that eyeliner was supposed to stop halfway accross the eye and dip down? Is that how people do their makeup in poland or what?

And I mean, they literally SHOW US THE BLEND SHAPES. They could have EASILY just given us an optional advanced list of sliders to choose from, BAKE THE CHARACTER MESH into the save and then LOAD THAT. If they were going for minimal-effort, they should have started off by saying "Here's your character, we made it pretty, enjoy it!" Like they did in the Witcher series, and then spent more time on the character creator for when they do a DLC or multiplayer or something.

The creator room also should have let you choose like 5-6 backgrounds or lighting presets.

I'm really hoping the revenue they made from the sales so far lets them hire more people so they can actually deal with and tackle these ambitious challenges they decided to take on, and maybe fix the game eventually. Overall the game is fun, I just _really hate_ the character creator, speaking as a 3D artist obsessed with character creators.

Last edited:
Then, maybe you should actually play the game, then you can observe the fact there are literally 2 penis options (and 3 size options) and 1 vagina option, and that's it. Oh, and there's 3 boob sizes. That's all you get.

You don't get to choose a "perfect pair" of anything, you get like 3 choices and they're fixed, no sliders. There are no sliders at all in the entire character creator, for some reason.

Well, good thing I have. My point is it doesnt matter, genital customization is just a funny "extra" you dont need to go in and customize your foreskin or have triple-double-dd's or 10 different penis sizes. The fact you can at all is just so you can have any body type with any genitals, and thats it.

I don't even want more tits options. All I want is to simply have them deleted on my character, and the game won't even let me do that.

Choose the male body?

is cp2077 character editor meeting ur expectations? do you like it or are you disappointed and why? share ur opinions and thoughts about it here!
Its one of the worst I've seen.

You can't zoom in/out.

Very limited skin shades, hair etc.

Just not very good.

It's serviceable but lacklustre. If V is supposed to be our character, there needs to be more possibility for user input. The saving grace--and perhaps the reason it feels so empty--is that you rarely see V and therefore it doesn't need to be outstanding.

Have any of you guys customized your character only to have your skin look.... green? Like I tried making my character dark skinned but they ended up looking like a weird orc... or troll depending on what you reference. Bottom line, grass-green skin is just off-putting.

I've noticed that the closer look to default is better. In game character ain't the same as the character creation one, both still pretty ugly tbh.

I am hoping that this will be updated in the near-future.

Also, heard there isn't a way to change appearance in game at all? Can this also be changed later on

Disappointed too, the characters customization is way too limited, I would like more colors and tincts for the skin, eyes, hairs and lips, i'm not satisfied with my character right now.

Since you almost never have a chance to see her, Im not as disappointed with the CC as I probably would be. Also all these great clothes, shoes, and accessories and again, you never get to see them, except on a small inventory doll. I think CDPR needs to come up with some ideas on how we can have more chances to see our V in game. Having to pull up photo mode (which I do love, Thanks CDPR) doesnt cover it.

Was kinda disappointing, specially compared to the current standard for character customization on RPGs. I've seen generic mobile RPGs with better character customization.

The skin tones are all yellowish and get greenish as they grow darker.

I don't understand why the hair choices can't be universal to masculine and feminine frames. Why can't males have long wavy hair or a big ass afro?

Many face shapes are only slightly different but are completely far apart on the list, making it difficult to compare the change they make. Feels like they made it so we wouldn't realize there are actually not that many different options.

It was extremely disappointing that we can't even choose the shape of the body frame, such as "skinny", "muscular", or "full figured", or something like that, specially on a first person game where you only get to see your legs most of the time.

Oh, also, there should be a button you press to make the character look straight forward, cause it's kinda annoying to rotate the character around and not be able to immediately make them face forward again.

Last edited:
I'm more than happy with how my vee turned out , she has good ,aesthetic and suits the role play I have in mind for her. she's a sweet nomad country girl , looks naive but has such a way of manipulating to get the best out of people to achieve her goal. if that fails she has ninja skills with a katana and can hip fire a precise shot to hit a dime balanced on the tip of your nose... any volunteers? She has a certain jeu ne c'est quio and easily melds into functionaries meetings .
She has plans, on her first day she rescued a group from people smugglers, took down a gang pressurising stores to pay protection money and wiped out 2 gangs fighting over drug dealing. she is awesome, she has a plan. Night City is going to be Breath-taking!

Last edited:
Frankly, it's Rubbish and they shouldn't have bothered.
Should have just had 6x Generic Character models. One for each Gender/Lifepath.

Instead it seems they put in Genital Options, patted themselves on the back for being diverse - then forgot to come back and finish the Character Creator. It's like "Look at Us! We made it so you can be a Girl with a Willy!" - as if you were running around naked all the time like it's everyone's business what you got in your pants.

Maybe I'm wrong and this does make people feel included? In which case I am sorry.
Just the way I see it is that, if we're talking about inclusivity - they've made a big deal over something you never see, yet left out all the options to allow people to create a character that actually reflects how they want to portray themselves in game.

For instance - while you can control the size of your penis and areolas - I would rather be able to:
- Adjust how Tall my Character is.
- How Broad they are in the Shoulders and Hips.
- How Fat or Muscular they are.
And those are just the basics - without getting into sliders to control body proportions, like length of torso, neck, etc. etc.

Then there's the Colour Options.

The lighting in the Character Creator is terrible and you can't see how the skin tone etc. is actually going to look.

For the eye colours - seriously - they have made skins so you can have X, O or Spiral eyes.
But they literally came straight out of Paint!
It just looks lazy. Is it unfinished? Are they meant to be placeholders?
Even I can make a skin to look like natural eyes with some form of cybernetic implant.

If you want natural looking hair you can have Black or Brown. The most basic of options are missing. No Blonde or Natural looking Red (only dyed). Natural skin tones? Where's the option for someone with Scottish skin who stood in the sun for 10 minutes???

Sure, it's Cyberpunk - so everyone has body modifications, bright hair colours, etc. But then going with that theme, maybe you could start out looking Natural, then add the mods and dyes as you play through the game? But from what I'm reading, if you want to change your character you have to start again! Not very Cyberpunk, now is it?

I really hope they go back and do something with it. I hope it really is unfinished and the rest will come soon with an update. If not, then I hope they read this and get to work on the upgrades. Because if they aren't going to do it properly, they would've been better not doing it at all.

It's a bit lacking on the color palette and also facial features. I think it should have been a more in depth slider system like games such as black desert online.

I echo just about everyone's sentiments.

My wishlist:

- RGB pickers instead of static color choices.
- Sliders for at least some of the features (right now, there's a pretty naive idea of "BIG" in the breast and penis departments). Let us decide what "BIG" really means.
- Also, not everybody wants testicles with their penis. If the goal is representation, let's not overlook that.
- Cybernetic penises and vaginas would be nice too. As well as generally more variety altogether. For example, I planned on playing a lesbian with a cybernetic penis because she doesn't feel like a man trapped in a woman's body, but enjoys the act of having intercourse with one. Can't do it.
- The option to have no breasts, natural breasts, cybernetic breasts (Carbon Fiber, flexweave musculature with clear synthetic flesh; things like that), with sliders for size and shape.
- The eyes really could use some work. How about glowing eye types or alternative eye implants like the ones we see npcs equipped with?
- More average looking hairstyles, with length sliders wherever they can be achieved. Also make them unisex when possible.
- Body shape sliders for height, chest, muscles, butt.

Coul'dve been a lot better. The guy skin types all have stubble to some degree and don't affect anything below the neck. Was also expecting to be able to, straight up like, make a feminine face with a masc body and vice versa.

Big Ol' mantitties, you know? :p

I highly reccomend CDPR invest in updates to broaden it, along with the abillity to customize post-creation (so people don't have to start over due to an overlooked detail or several) and free DLC's for more outlandish options.

For anything above the neck, the character creator is good.

Not the best I've seen. That honour would go to those crazy south korean MMOs that lets you customised literally everything about your character by hand.

But for things below the neck? It feels a bit too limited.

Top Bottom