Aim Assist and Snap to Target - On PC

+
Using an Xbox controller, but playing on Windows 10 PC version of the Game.

Sadly, I don't think either the Aim Assist or Snap to Target features work. Makes aiming a bit tough...I'm not a big FPS player, and definitely not on controller...would like to turn those on to make the game more enjoyable.

What Aim Assist or Snap to Target features? I haven't seen any in game options, nor read about them anywhere. Perhaps you should ask instead for this Feature to be added? Is a good idea. FYI everyone else in the same boat (using a controller on PC) doesn't seem to have much of an issue, including myself.

Guest 4375874

Using an Xbox controller, but playing on Windows 10 PC version of the Game.

Sadly, I don't think either the Aim Assist or Snap to Target features work. Makes aiming a bit tough...I'm not a big FPS player, and definitely not on controller...would like to turn those on to make the game more enjoyable.
I don't think there is one lol It might not be needed since when you get access to smart weapons you won't be aiming at all. It would make the game too easy. I'm having a tough time too..I had to switch to my mouse for this one mission, although admittedly I was doing a mission above my level. I think as you become stronger you'll need aim assist less.

Under gameplay menu there is 3 aim assist under the accessibility menu.

It's on the pc version though. Don't think it's an option in the console version

It's on the pc version though. Don't think it's an option in the console version

Well so there is! Mine is on "Standard" - which as we can see is the highest setting. I haven't noticed it in effect. Perhaps I would if I disabled it.. Not that I'm gonna. Works just fine here. And snap to is usually extreme. Granted maybe it should be a thing in this game - like if they added a higher Aim Assist then snap to would engage. Though personally I hate it, but I get it that it would help some peeps. Where's the "request feature(s)" thread?

There's an option on consoles for "snap on" aim but it doesn't seem to work. I have it on but its completely free aim for me.

Theres aim assist, snap to target, and even "aim assist melee combat" in my game options on my xbox. None of it seems to be working at all. Love to know what exactly these developers have ACTUALLY been developing these last few years? So much basic gameplay options and standard settings just dont work or aren't even here! 🤦🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️😐 it seems like theres no-one in Poland who's disabled in any way as the accessibility options are non existent (toggles for aim,crouch, run/walk etc) . I'm stunned by the lack of oversight, and clear thought. THESE ARE BASICS DEVS! Aim assist and snap to target, and the ability to toggle certain vital actions, are absolutely vital for the disabled community to enjoy gaming and to not be left out. To be virtually totally overlooked and not thought about is indefensible CDPR. You might fix it with a patch a.s.a.p hopefully, whether you'll fix the Ill feeling of the disabled community? That's up to them, but I'd be well pi**ed off!
Post automatically merged:

Last edited:
Yes, to follow up the features are there and I've confirmed with some tests that changing these options don't impact the aim in the game at all.

Hopefully just a work in progress. While not personally a person with disabilities, I know that from an Accessibilty perspective it would be a pretty handy feature.

For me, I'm terrible at FPS...and especially so using a controller. I prefer though, for a role-playing game, to play on the couch and TV, and I really don't care much about the combat at all. I want to explore other aspects of the game, but the shooting part seems to be a necessary evil. Would just like to make it a bit easier is all.

Yes, to follow up the features are there and I've confirmed with some tests that changing these options don't impact the aim in the game at all.

Hopefully just a work in progress. While not personally a person with disabilities, I know that from an Accessibilty perspective it would be a pretty handy feature.

For me, I'm terrible at FPS...and especially so using a controller. I prefer though, for a role-playing game, to play on the couch and TV, and I really don't care much about the combat at all. I want to explore other aspects of the game, but the shooting part seems to be a necessary evil. Would just like to make it a bit easier is all.

I play with a controller too, lol. This is the typical experience playing an FPS with a controller on the PC.

You can do a "smart shooter" build in this game that will do all the aiming for you, if that helps.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

I'm having difficulties with the aim assist on PC. My game is the Steam version 1.06. I am using an XBOX One controller which windows 10 recognizes by default. Inside the game settings I've set aim assist to standard and enabled snap to target. However it doesn't matter how much I tweak the settings aim assist doesn't work on ranged weapons. It only works in melee.

Are there any ini parameters available that I can maybe tweak in order to enable aim assist with controller on PC? The thing is, aiming after a little adjustment works perfectly. I've disabled: dead zones, turn acceleration off etc. Also lowered sensitivity to very low values 15 for both vertical and horizontal axis and I get a pretty good aiming reaction and accuracy with this when enemies are far away. However when they get close enough like for example ninjas with sandevistan and kerenzikov is kinda hard to deal with them without switching to melee weapons.

Thanks in advance!

[Post moved -- SigilFey]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys,

I'm having difficulties with the aim assist on PC. My game is the Steam version 1.06. I am using an XBOX One controller which windows 10 recognizes by default. Inside the game settings I've set aim assist to standard and enabled snap to target. However it doesn't matter how much I tweak the settings aim assist doesn't work on ranged weapons. It only works in melee.

Are there any ini parameters available that I can maybe tweak in order to enable aim assist with controller on PC? The thing is, aiming after a little adjustment works perfectly. I've disabled: dead zones, turn acceleration off etc. Also lowered sensitivity to very low values 15 for both vertical and horizontal axis and I get a pretty good aiming reaction and accuracy with this when enemies are far away. However when they get close enough like for example ninjas with sandevistan and kerenzikov is kinda hard to deal with them without switching to melee weapons.

Thanks in advance!

[Post moved -- SigilFey]

I can confirm I've got exactly the same thing here. Melee seems to work almost too well, and ranged assist seems non-existent. (Although I'm getting pretty slick aiming naturally with the controller. [5 seconds with a mouse proves I can't aim for @#$% with a controller.])

Aim assist and snap to target is still broken for controllers playing on Windows. Fix this shit CDPR!!!

Theres aim assist, snap to target, and even "aim assist melee combat" in my game options on my xbox. None of it seems to be working at all. Love to know what exactly these developers have ACTUALLY been developing these last few years? So much basic gameplay options and standard settings just dont work or aren't even here! 🤦🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️😐 it seems like theres no-one in Poland who's disabled in any way as the accessibility options are non existent (toggles for aim,crouch, run/walk etc) . I'm stunned by the lack of oversight, and clear thought. THESE ARE BASICS DEVS! Aim assist and snap to target, and the ability to toggle certain vital actions, are absolutely vital for the disabled community to enjoy gaming and to not be left out. To be virtually totally overlooked and not thought about is indefensible CDPR. You might fix it with a patch a.s.a.p hopefully, whether you'll fix the Ill feeling of the disabled community? That's up to them, but I'd be well pi**ed off!

This is the best comment i've read. I'm quadriplegic, which means my fingers do not function so I use xbox controller cus it's most comfortable to control even without finger movements. And I enjoy gaming a lot. These times i find many games that give options to help me out and enjoy the game INCLUDING The Witcher, which I LOVED. BUT Cyberpunk... What the hell, man? I expected you to care :(

Top Bottom