20 Improvements/Changes I'd Like To See (feel free to add your own!)

+
Trying to be realistic.

For me:

1. Slightly bigger enemy/projectile hitboxes. As it stands it's all too common to see shots whiff past enemies that really should have hit.

2. Nudity restored. Apparently GOG has no censorship, but Steam has my character prudishly wearing shorts in the shower.

3. A mass sell/dismantle option for unequipped items.

4. The ability to customize map/ui colors. I really don't like that saturated red on my OLED.

5. Significant improvements to optimization and performance. The game is pretty, but it's not Crysis on release and certainly shouldn't run as poorly as it does.

6. The ability to change body type/height etc. on our player model.

7. Better pathing on the auto-guide. I've had it run me into concrete walls before.

8. Naturally, a lot of bug fixes. Sorry, Mr. levitating dude in the Nomad starting area.

9. The ability to turn AA off entirely.

10. The ability to change character appearance after creation.

11. Perhaps a mild tweak to the hp of standard enemies? As it stands they are bullet-sponges to make Destiny monsters blush, and far too many fights have been me and my opponent standing still shooting each other. Failing this, a way to increase damage taken as well as damage done.

12. The ability to turn off the civilian kills. Far too often I've had the cops after me because a dumb civvie a block away caught a stray bullet intended for a bounty target.

13. Car handling improved for mouse/keyboard. As it stands it's like trying to drive a golf-cart on an ice rink.

14. Melee weapons confer an increase to evasion/armor.

15. More variety in loot combined with a reduction to how much items sell for. Made over 20,000 before I did the first major story mission.

16. An option for increased gore and dismemberment. Things feel a lot more subdued than the initial videos.

17. A skill that allows us to simplify the hacking minigame. Sometimes I'm just not in the mood for a brainteaser.

18. Either a mass loot option, or something to prevent enemy corpses falling into inaccessible areas. Had to reload a save because of this.

19. The ability to hide the ui entirely out of combat.

20. A button to skip all cinematics (at least half are unskippable, even hitting 'c').

How about you?

1. THE WALKING SPEED ON MOUSE/KEYBOARD. TONE IT DOWN.
The walking speed is unbelievably, ridiculously, immersionbreakingly fast on mouse/keyboard. Same speed as other games' running speed or even faster. V has two speeds: run, and cyber-enhanced 100 meter dash. This is NOT good.

You can tell it was made for analog gamecontrollers, and on PC its just max speed all the time, but thats no excuse. I tried a controller and its still difficult to handle it. V is so fast I regularly overshoot items I try to loot from the ground, and trying to platform my way up obstacles is also difficult. I just want to stroll the streets of night city, enjoying the ambience and scenery, not ZOOM through. Walking behind NPCs is also annoying as V walks at least twice as fast as them.

2. On PC apparently I can't edit any of the buttonbinds of a game controller or change control scheme? What? Its just set in stone? Maybe Im not using a correct controller or something but this seems really weird. It kinda prevented me from even attempting to use a controller on PC.

3. On PC mouse and keyboard, I seem to be able to edit all other keybinds, except the most important one: the use button. (default F on PC). It is used for looting, opening doors, interacting with things, and most annoyingly: activating quickhacks. This seems like a MAJOR oversight. This is also super annoying as during quickhacks I am supposed to hold the scan button and then push the activate button, while I can only set one of those buttonbinds. This means that I have to twist my fingers in weird ways while playing..

4. The UI needs a LOT of work. Often times I have to press 3 separate buttons for no reason, when one or even zero would suffice. Devs seem to have forgotten that in a quickmenu (which you activate by holding a button), you can also activate stuff by RELEASING the button at the right spot. For example: car radio. I have to hold a button to activate menu, then choose the radio station with a button, then close the menu with ANOTHER button. Why not simply hold the button to keep the menu open and release it at the right station? Two buttonpresses less? The buttons to close menus are also all over the place. No consistency.
Another is weapon quickmenu you can use to pick a weapon (and holster the weapon). I have to hold a button to keep the menu open, then choose a weapon by clicking a button. Unnecessary.

Also, the buttonpresses aren't even consistent across different menus. Some menus you navigate left or right with Q and E, other menus with 1 or 3 for no discernible reason. I think there was some menu where a third option was used... Why not use, say, mousewheel for navigating a menu?

5. The game NEEDS a holster button, which currently doesn't exist. The only way to forcibly holster your weapon is via weapon quickmenu, which is SUPER annoying to use on mouse/keyboard. Obviously designed for game controller, as
- choosing the holster option requires some nanometer level accuracy with mouse
- you activate it by pressing a button instead of simply releasing the button you are using to keep the menu open..... seriously?

6. The radius at which you loot stuff from the ground could be increased slightly. Same for scanning loot, aiming with the scan should be slightly more lenient. I often spend 10 seconds dispatching bad guys from a crime scene and three minutes picking up loot. Which is, btw, too abundant. Im not happy that the game is 100% a lootershooter. I bought an RPG. Also: you cannot edit the buttonbind you use to loot on PC Mouse/keyb.

7. The mouse sensitivity options: its great that they exist, but they are too high and the scale is too narrow as is common in non-competitive games. For someone who is used to low sensitivity and arm movement with a 40cm mousepad instead of wrist movement its not good. I have to set the sensitivity to 2 or 3 on the settings out of 20 possible (iirc). This does not really allow for the finetuning I hope for when I can only operate on the absolute bottom of the scale. I think a sensitivity meter between 1 and 100 would be best for finetuning. Or simply write a number. For comparison: 360 degree turn in overwatch requires approx 35cm sideways movement with my mouse.

8. Im very disappointed that there is only one bodytype for each gender... I want a more athletic build.

9. Considering the game has quests sensitive to the time of day, you'd think the clock was better visible. Currently its just in the map. It should be visible at least in the phone menu, and preferably main view too.

10. My V is a pixellated MESS in the inventory screen, in the mirrors and in character creator. Looks like displayed at 480P or worse resolution. Actual ingame graphics and V in photo mode is fine, but the other places are not. This is a huge downer for someone who clamored for the 3rd person mode and even the placebos aren't working correctly.
20201211100838_1.jpg

ps. I will edit this message as more comes to mind, as Ive just woken from a fitful sleep and brain is addled. These were the most egregious problems, particularly the walkspeed and holster buttons. Those prevent me from enjoying the game as an immersive RPG. The bugs I can ignore, the performance issues I expected to happen, but NOT the FUCKING walk speed. That I cant deal with.

Last edited:
We need a transmog system too. As in the ability to change our appearance without changing our stats. I play on hard cause otherwise the shooting is a bit too clunky for me and i look like an absolute loot goblin. Where's the whole 'customise your v' side of things? So far its 'make v loot clothes off corpses and look like a homeless person'.

So, I dont have anything to add, so im just going to respond to the things I disagree with because I mostly/strongly agree with you on the rest.

1 - I think the hitboxes are mostly ok, I think enemy visibility is bad making it hard to shoot them.

2- I agreee with this but just to point out its on gog too.

6 - This is a big thing for me I keep seeing that is a big "no" from me - Argue "options" all you want for this one - I think as your a merc your "body type" should pretty much be limited. If you were to say clarify that you want one or two more for things like "slime fit" "really bufff" or what have you, maybe I could give more to this idea.

17 - Nothing more to say than I think it works as it is and there is no reason to simplify it.

Other than these those - Yeah spot on.

Last edited:
...change our appearance without changing our stats.

This is the thing that I'm missing the most at the moment! I made myself super cool looking character with all those great looking tattoos all over the body, and now those are almost all hidden under the clothes. Okay, some clothes do look cool, but still, I would prefer less covering clothes without having to suffer the armor rate penalty.

I refuse to use hats or helmets just because I want to keep even my cool looking hair visible (and my difficulty settings so far allow this).

It's probably too late for this game (if not, cool!), but for the future: Could it be any way possible to have at least "hide helmet" option? Or even better, option to make some of your favorite looking clothes as cosmetic overrides, which will always look like you are wearing your favorite clothing, no matter what armor (and stats) you are actually wearing?

I get the point that wearing "only strings and tiny tops" with full tank armor stats doesn't make sense in that... well... sense, but having this cool character creation thing and then being forced to hide your creation under the clothes is a bit bummer.

To be honest, one of the few things that hasn't disappointed me, has been clothing. There are loads really cool looking clothes, and its usually no big deal to be wearing good armor. I just recently found a legendary Samurai 2020 tour T-shirt with whopping 4 mod slots. My armor rating ka-boomed (which is hilarious considering its just a t-shirt :ROFLMAO: ). Too bad upgrading rare/legendary/iconic items tends to be quite difficult due to parts required.

But the "hide helmet" option is pretty common in triple A games... I also vote for it.

1. THE WALKING SPEED ON MOUSE/KEYBOARD. TONE IT DOWN.
The walking speed is unbelievably, ridiculously, immersionbreakingly fast on mouse/keyboard. Same speed as other games' running speed or even faster. V has two speeds: run, and cyber-enhanced 100 meter dash. This is NOT good.

You can tell it was made for analog gamecontrollers, and on PC its just max speed all the time, but thats no excuse. I tried a controller and its still difficult to handle it. V is so fast I regularly overshoot items I try to loot from the ground, and trying to platform my way up obstacles is also difficult. I just want to stroll the streets of night city, enjoying the ambience and scenery, not ZOOM through. Walking behind NPCs is also annoying as V walks at least twice as fast as them.

2. On PC apparently I can't edit any of the buttonbinds of a game controller or change control scheme? What? Its just set in stone? Maybe Im not using a correct controller or something but this seems really weird. It kinda prevented me from even attempting to use a controller on PC.

3. On PC mouse and keyboard, I seem to be able to edit all other keybinds, except the most important one: the use button. (default F on PC). It is used for looting, opening doors, interacting with things, and most annoyingly: activating quickhacks. This seems like a MAJOR oversight. This is also super annoying as during quickhacks I am supposed to hold the scan button and then push the activate button, while I can only set one of those buttonbinds. This means that I have to twist my fingers in weird ways while playing..

4. The UI needs a LOT of work. Often times I have to press 3 separate buttons for no reason, when one or even zero would suffice. Devs seem to have forgotten that in a quickmenu (which you activate by holding a button), you can also activate stuff by RELEASING the button at the right spot. For example: car radio. I have to hold a button to activate menu, then choose the radio station with a button, then close the menu with ANOTHER button. Why not simply hold the button to keep the menu open and release it at the right station? Two buttonpresses less? The buttons to close menus are also all over the place. No consistency.
Another is weapon quickmenu you can use to pick a weapon (and holster the weapon). I have to hold a button to keep the menu open, then choose a weapon by clicking a button. Unnecessary.

Also, the buttonpresses aren't even consistent across different menus. Some menus you navigate left or right with Q and E, other menus with 1 or 3 for no discernible reason. I think there was some menu where a third option was used... Why not use, say, mousewheel for navigating a menu?

5. The game NEEDS a holster button, which currently doesn't exist. The only way to forcibly holster your weapon is via weapon quickmenu, which is SUPER annoying to use on mouse/keyboard. Obviously designed for game controller, as
- choosing the holster option requires some nanometer level accuracy with mouse
- you activate it by pressing a button instead of simply releasing the button you are using to keep the menu open..... seriously?

6. The radius at which you loot stuff from the ground could be increased slightly. Same for scanning loot, aiming with the scan should be slightly more lenient. I often spend 10 seconds dispatching bad guys from a crime scene and three minutes picking up loot. Which is, btw, too abundant. Im not happy that the game is 100% a lootershooter. I bought an RPG. Also: you cannot edit the buttonbind you use to loot on PC Mouse/keyb.

7. The mouse sensitivity options: its great that they exist, but they are too high and the scale is too narrow as is common in non-competitive games. For someone who is used to low sensitivity and arm movement with a 40cm mousepad instead of wrist movement its not good. I have to set the sensitivity to 2 or 3 on the settings out of 20 possible (iirc). This does not really allow for the finetuning I hope for when I can only operate on the absolute bottom of the scale. I think a sensitivity meter between 1 and 100 would be best for finetuning. Or simply write a number. For comparison: 360 degree turn in overwatch requires approx 35cm sideways movement with my mouse.

8. Im very disappointed that there is only one bodytype for each gender... I want a more athletic build.

9. Considering the game has quests sensitive to the time of day, you'd think the clock was better visible. Currently its just in the map. It should be visible at least in the phone menu, and preferably main view too.

ps. I will edit this message as more comes to mind, as Ive just woken from a fitful sleep and brain is addled. These were the most egregious problems, particularly the walkspeed and holster buttons. Those prevent me from enjoying the game as an immersive RPG. The bugs I can ignore, the performance issues I expected to happen, but NOT the FUCKING walk speed. That I cant deal with.
I believe the holster weapon on PC is double tap alt...thats how I out my weps away.

I agree with most everything else, especially the not being ablw to remap "F", it's kind of a pain...I'd love to be able to remap to a button on my game mouse, like I do on most games with the "main interaction button" .

And the driving....sigh, the driving...sooo floaty and un-responsive, not sure what they can do to make it better, but I'm tired of easily going out of control and accidently taking civilians, then have the cops come crashing down on me...

I want to zoom out my mini map, or at least when I enter my car the mini map expands. Driving faster than I can see my pathing sucks because turning is awful. Being aware of turns makes it easier and driving won't be as tedious

In addition to the original suggestions; however, I really want to emphasize point 10: The ability to modify character post-creation (at least to a degree since romance and dialogue options seem determined upon creation) At least allow cosmetic changes like: breast size, facial cybernetics cosmetics, nails, hair, eyebrows, etc

GENERAL - UI and QOL changes
  • Add feature to tag 'Favorite' certain items to protect from scrapping or selling
  • Add 'Mark as Junk' tag option when picking up an item (Make alt keybind like Shift+F or CTRL+F)
  • Add feature to 'Sell all items marked with "Junk" tag' at dropboxes and vendors
  • Add feature to Delamain services to access apartment stash in areas where you've completed the car recovery side quest
  • Ability to reset Attribute points the same way we can reset Perk points
  • Change the default 'Skip Dialogue' key to 'Backspace'
  • Ability to Enable/Disable the Auto Junk Scrapping perk if unlocked (Sometimes eddies are more important than scrap)
  • HUD Reticle should disappear when aiming down sights (It currently doesn't for me)
MOVEMENT - Player and vehicle movement changes
  • Ability to bind dodge to a hotkey
    • Make left ctrl default dodge key
      • Default dodge should do a quick back-step
      • A + LCTRL should dodge left
      • D + LCTRL should dodge right
      • W + LCTRL should dash forward
    • Hitting the dodge key while sneaking should maintain your sneak, but cost more stamina
  • Decrease vehicle turning radius on keyboard and mouse (KBM)
  • Ability to halt slide into sneak, halt slide into standing, or leap during slide by pressing C, Shift, or Spacebar, respectively
CRAFTING - As it stands the crafting system requires too much investment for too little of a return
  • Increase potency of crafting skill tree (Make crafted gear more effective)
  • Increase availability of Epic and higher tier materials or reduce quantity of components required to upgrade gear
AI - General AI tweaks
  • Civilian Behavior
    • Civilians should run and seek cover when combat initiates
    • Civilians should dodge away from approaching vehicles
  • Enemy Behavior
    • Give enemies a 'Bravery' stat or something similar weighted dependent per faction (Scavs seem too brave IMHO. Some enemies should run in fear if they see their friends cybernetics burst into flames or get shot in the head from the shadows)
WORLD SYSTEMS / OVERHAULS - Stuff that helps you gauge how you're affecting the world
  • Faction Reputation System
    • Fame/Notoriety (You'd think the Tyger Claws or Voodoo Boys would put a bounty on my head and send a merc squad after me with the number of them I've killed)
      • Additionally, notoriety shouldn't increase if you manage to take out an entire camp undetected
    • Faction-Specific Radiant Quests
      • Completing one of these quests should increase 'Fame' within faction dependent on quality of completion
    • Faction-Specific Vendors
      • Should sell faction specific colors and gear
  • Humanity System
    • More/Less human dependent on degree of cybernetic enhancement
    • Better buy/sell prices dependent on faction reputation
  • Transmog System
    • Add 1 sub-slot next to each equipment (or in a separate menu) for us to slot existing items into an aesthetic override for that slot (Make it weightless whilst equipped to the transmog slot)
ITEMS - A little more variety never hurt
  • Add a 'Hide Helmet' toggle
  • Add more head slot items like:
    • Cat ears
    • Headphones
    • Hairbands
    • Hairpins
    • Hair Extensions
    • Wigs
  • Add an entirely new 'Accessory' equipment slot for:
    • Bags (Increase carry weight but decrease movement)
    • Tails (could be aesthetic only or could increase movement but decrease stealth)
    • Belts (Reduce weapon Draw/Reload/Holster/Swap time in synergy with the existing perk)
      • For model clipping reasons add a togglable to make this equipment visible/invisible
    • Jewelry like rings/bracelets/necklace etc
At the risk of making this too long, I'll end it there. I'll add more should I think of any. I hope the devs actually see this and hope some of the ideas are actually good or viable. To everyone on the dev team, congrats on the launch! The game is great and I'm having a blast. Keep up the good work!

Last edited:
Did anyone suggest the ability to turn off BGM and just leave the open world music sources on?

I'd prefer to hear radios, clubs, cars, etc without the forced mood music... I have always had a deep distain for Background Music (BGM)... I like creating my own feelings without BGM telling me what I should feel...

Field of view.
Just make it as in Conan Exiles where you see character's body down from neck, not from belly button. It looks awful and you cannot take a good look at clothes that your character wears.

Having a subway or rail system

Having a Barber to change the hair styles and makeup

Have the ripper doctor ability to change your appearance, but not voice, tattoos and cyber appearances

More tattoos in character creator (especially body)

More cyber appearance in character creator

More scars in character creator (especially body)

Have pixie cut or feathered cut in character creator

Some more facial options

Better options in the NSFW section of character creator

Customize or change your apartment

More extended life path prolonged mission

Able to view all the news or commercials videos at computer terminal

More romance partners

I haven't played much, sins I can't on my ps4 pro, only about 4 hours and I have put it on hold, to I can get my hands on a PS5, but to be honest I am kind impressed, that they mist so many key RPG elements, that a game in this day and age should come with, no mark junk, no baber shop, no UI customization, and key binds on pc, beside all the performance problem and bugs, this game is still not finished when it need so much added beside the bug fixes.

The moment I saw my hands after spending 40 minutes creating a look that I like made me realize I choose the wrong nail polish. 'No problem,' I told myself, 'I will change that later.' But apparently there is no such option in game, which is kinda dumb.

Please add an option to do at least some minor modification to character's appearance.

Please fix that goddamn mirror and hats behavior. Tired of seeing my character bald.

Remove the briefs. I have seen a lady wearing just a coat, why cannot I do the same? Not that I will be able to see it all the time and I doubt that NPCs have any issue with my character being fully naked like at inventory screen.

Add minigames maybe shogi, mahjong, pool, checkers, darts, karaoke.
Add casino i want to waste my eddies in blackjack, pachinkos or poker.
Add ability to customize your apartment
Add ability to call phone and invite prostitute to my apartment and have overnight sex
Add ability to call escort and go to date into club drink and dance
Add ability to change appearance at plastic surgeon

all in all city is beautiful but feels like i am not invited in it and cannot participate in it's lifestyle

There is absolutely nothing to do besides kill gangbangers in free roam.

Last edited:
I haven't seen anyone talk about it here which in my opinion is one of the most important things to be added.

I want a on road GPS line of sorts like Watch Dogs to guide me to my destinations. As a developer, you built a such an amazing and beautiful world yet you cripple it by giving the player a minimap and a GPS on the said minimap. I wanna be looking around the world and seeing how it looks instead I'm forced to look at a minimap to make sure I won't miss a turn as the roads are complex. How is that an oversight? The game is set in a cyberpunk universe where one you have an ability to have scanners in your eyes, why the hell can't we have an on road GPS but instead have it on that cursed minimap.

When I saw the first gameplay and noticed that Cyberpunk 2077 had a compass at the top of the screen I was happy. Replacing a minimap with a compass allows us, players, to actually explore the big city that CDPR created, yet they removed it. I want that back in, as an option in the menu to either have a compass or a minimap. RDR2 did it and that game came out 2 or 3 years ago. I don't want to be using a function from a 2008 game. I thought that CDPR innovates with their games, not being lazy.

Allowing us to change to a different AA techniques as TAA is terrible and looks like I'm playing through a fog. Give us a sharpness slider, the very same one you had in Witcher 3.

Add ability to turn off auto centering camera. Luckily is very generous and it takes a good while for the camera to center back, but as I'm playing on a mouse and a keyboard I can easily swipe the camera back to the front if necessary.

Why not having a time displayed near the minimap or somewhere else on a HUD. I don't want to go to the menus all the time just to see what time it is, especially that some missions require a specific time of the day. Again, we have cybernetic eye transplants yet we can't have a time being displayed on our HUD. Yet Witcher 3 had a clock on the HUD. Also, for the love of God, don't attach the clock to the minimap like you did in Witcher 3, because if we decide to turn off that cursed minimap, we will get rid of the clock as well.

Other people in this thread mentioned transmogs. Why isn't that in the game? Cybepunk 2077 put so much emphasis on different styles, even made a promotional videos about it, yet, if we want good stats, we have to wear mismatched clothes, if we want to keep the style we have to sacrifice armour.

Witcher 2 and 3 had barbershops which allowed players to change Geralt's hair. 3rd installment even had regrowing beard which made more sense to visit a barber more often if you want Geralt clean shaved or with a trimmed beard. Why wasn't this expanded on to being able to change small things like nail polish and haircut to more serious things like coloured arms and legs, changing the shape of the face etc.

Oh another thing, the character creator supposed to be deep, right? How come I can't add two or more colours to hair I chose and decide which one is more prominent? Just have a look at Black Desert Online. THAT is a deep character creator. I would like to change the body size including weight too. There are fat people in Night City, I wanna be fat too dammit!

I noticed that whenever I put on a jacket that is closed, the t-shirt disappears. I was really excited to rock the Witcher's Wolf School jacket with a Witcher's T-Shirt but whenever I put the jacket on the t-shirt disappears. This is an general issue with the type of the jackets instead of just this one.

Dodging is horrible on kb/m. Why wasn't this copied from the Witcher 3? I don't wanna double tap a directional key to dodge, as this will happen constantly while in the open world or while trying to sneak. Add a BINDABLE button that is responsible for dodges. Either it's an ALT, CTRL or whatever.

Copy Watch Dogs series (2 and Legion) with the vehicle options for PC. These games have sliders to allow players to fine tune the steering, acceleration and deceleration of a vehicle. Some people like to be able to do sharp turns, some don't. Do the same with V's walking speed. I don't know why but Cyberpunk 2077 doesn't have what Witcher 3 had. Geralt could walk, jog and sprint. V can sprint or do an awkward walk/jog. While we're at it, add an ability to drive within a speed limit too with a press on the button. Console players can easily achieve that with the triggers, but us, PC players that play with a mouse and keyboard can't.

The weapon wheel is terrible. There is too many actions assigned to the same button. Allow us to map the holster, weapon wheel and weapon cycling to different buttons yet allow us to keep it under the same button as some people don't mind it I reckon. Allow us to choose if we want the weapon wheel to be a HOLDable or TOGGLEable, you know, like in your previous game.

Top Bottom