The loot system is garbage

+
There is just simply too much. I dont want to even pick anything up any more because its overwhelming and I dont care about what im collecting - I mean the "junk section" it feels like im literally just scavanging garbage. And the guns - why does literally every guy drop a gun? I have to stop on literally every kill to see if maybe the dropped a gun stronger than one of mine, and of course I cant check as I pick them up everytime so end up with 10 identacle guns in my inventory I have to scan through to find out what ones I need to scrap. Yeah scrap, because vendors are useless. Why do they exist? There isnt any point in buying guns, or food or drinks. And the health boosters? I pick up to many to use.

And the clothing - why do I only pick up clothing items that enemies werent wearing? Why is there just a random chance for them to drop a seemingly random clothing item.

The whole entire system is just totally garbage and by far the worst thing bar the bugs.

Guest 4406876

Too much loot making anything related to economy or vendors utterly useless, Clunky inventory, Tons of stuff you don't care or need, unorganized, unexplained, unclear, messy, eyes hurting and , in the end, Cheap and gamey.

Especially when 98% of the loot goes to either dismantling or selling to vendors.

I totally agree, but it can't really be changed at this point as the games entire economy and crafting systems are now based on that amount of loot.

Of course, after playing witcher 3 this is EXACTLY what I expected out of CDPR. They just held to it, so they are extremely unlikely to change it.

Too much loot making anything related to economy or vendors utterly useless,
Well useless is not the word you are looking for. "A crutch" is more apt decription. I almost paid my debt to Viktor (25000 iirc) just doing the crime scenes and combat encounters while Watson was in lockdown. I ultimately didn't do it cause I don't enjoy grinding, but its obvious loot is too abundant.

I often spend 10 seconds dispatching enemies and then 3 minutes looting afterwards...

Guest 4406876

Especially when 98% of the loot goes to either dismantling or selling to vendors.

I totally agree, but it can't really be changed at this point as the games entire economy and crafting systems are now based on that amount of loot.

Of course, after playing witcher 3 this is EXACTLY what I expected out of CDPR. They just held to it, so they are extremely unlikely to change it.

Well useless is not the word you are looking for. "A crutch" is more apt decription. I almost paid my debt to Viktor (25000 iirc) just doing the crime scenes and combat encounters while Watson was in lockdown. I ultimately didn't do it cause I don't enjoy grinding, but its obvious loot is too abundant.

I often spend 10 seconds dispatching enemies and then 3 minutes looting afterwards...
Same here and opening continuosly the inventory in the end If I eve reach 100 hours of gameplay I'll have spent 50% of it in the inventory pausing actual gameplay.

Too much loot making anything related to economy or vendors utterly useless, Clunky inventory, Tons of stuff you don't care or need, unorganized, unexplained, unclear, messy, eyes hurting and , in the end, Cheap and gamey.

Yeah, as a consequence of the loot economy, the crafting skill tree is pretty useless and if you ever get to use the system its to make spare ammo instead of something meaningful like a cool gun/clothes.

Yeah, as a consequence of the loot economy, the crafting skill tree is pretty useless and if you ever get to use the system its to make spare ammo instead of something meaningful like a cool gun/clothes.

Yeap, it also renders crafting useless. I was going to put that in, but didnt actually even fully explore the system because as far as I could tell without actually going through it that was the case. But after your comment and some video reviews I decided to watch yeah. I think I can be confident I was right.

Absolutelly not and hard disagree ... I love there is enough loot and hope they wont listen in that area so the next CDPR game dont wind up like AC Valhalla with its lame almost non existent loot and rewards.

I dont mind selling or dismantling 90% of the items I find one bit. You either get money or tons of crafting parts you use for upgrading the epic/legendary weapons and gear you acutally use so I dont see a problem there at all.

Tuco

Forum veteran
Yup. We (well, some of us) called it out months in advance, pointing that if they were going in this direction if would turn out to be a detrimental aspect for the quality of the game.

We were absolutely right.

Same goes for the game having unnecessary "levels" for enemies, by the way.

its logical for every guy do drop a gun... its not logical for you to pick everything you see up...

im not criticizing but i think its perfectly ok for alot of stuff to drop,
BUT!
has it accured to you that you can just play a mission like COD and pick only health boosters and memos? i mean you do get paid for the jobs you do and then you can go to vendors and buy real shit and not some crap... so why bother with all the stuff npcs drop? if you see a legendery weapon take it if not just leave that JUNK on the ground bro dont bother with it thats how i play and honestly i feel good about it! cause i understand your issue its very tiresome to pick up everything you see you forget about the mission... just go on bro imagine you are in the real world you take what you think is important like health boosters rare weapons ammo and memos dont bother with the pants your enemy wear lmao

btw some ppl will say its fun to scavenge xD but you dont have to lol

hope you see my point!

I think the loot system is fine because you don't really need to pick everything up (I do tho, I love to horde) but with the weapons and clothing you pick up you can just dismantle them anyway and then use all those parts to upgrade a weapon/clothing that you actually like. I find it quite similar to the Witcher in that sense except I haven't really found anything overly special yet like they had with the special Witcher sets. Also yeah the inventory screen is kinda crap, why is there no toggle function for the extra info that shows up when you hover over something in your inventory, which then covers most of the other items you might be looking at, Witcher had it eventually, why not here?

Guest 4406876

I think it's more about...ok there's too much loot and it's very invasive, it's ok for a guy to drop a gun and I really stopped lpooting after 10 hours because I have far too much materials money etc it's not even needed. What I ask to CDPR is why do you put vendors if you can get the same or even better stuff from the floor anywhere? Why do you give every single piece of drink and meals the same attributes? Why should I buy it from a vendor if there's no reason to get better stuff or , god forbids that, a cool SPECIFIC animation in eating or drinking at a bar since you are so "perfectionists"? It's feacking inventory simulator 77.

I also think the problem is with the inventory UI and not with the loot. But then again, I didn't get that far into the game.
i found a problem in vendors for example you want to see how a shirt or a jacket look on your char but their is no option to preview it... so i have to buy it and then see how it looks on my characters but then i cant sell it back... the option the see it is only from your inventory menu not from vendors

hope they will fix it and give us that option
other then that UI is fine i think

Top Bottom