No Walking On Mouse+Keyboard?

+
Yeah, I'm saving everything. I have a backup of the file on my desktop. Any chance the game is trying to read it from there instead?
Untitled.png

I had the exact same issue, and I solved it by changing the default keybinds for forward and back to what I actually have bound. I play with arrow keys for movement and had to change the config file to allow for those keys to be bindable in the settings, so my section looks like this:

<mapping name="LeftY_Axis" type="Axis" >
<button id="IK_Pad_LeftAxisY" />
<button id="IK_Up" val="1.0" overridableUI="forward"/>
<button id="IK_Down" val="-1.0" overridableUI="back"/>
<button id="IK_Alt" val="0.6" overridableUI="forward"/>
</mapping>

Now it works. It didn't when I had the default IK_W and IK_S instead of IK_Up and IK_Down. Hope this helps.

Yeah, I'm saving everything. I have a backup of the file on my desktop. Any chance the game is trying to read it from there instead?
View attachment 11074694

No it wouldn't read it from your desktop. The game knows one path where to look for it and that's where it's gonna look for it unless told otherwise. Not something that can be changed easily if it even can from our end.

Like I said, it looks fine from where I'm standing. Out of curiosity, can you try changing say W to something else for forward? Just to see if the game actually reads it?

EDIT: Seems like Meritz might have the solution, assuming you changed the binding for your movement.

So any changes I make in the inputUserMappings file isn't being read by the game. If I remap keys in game, the changes keep, but I don't see any changes reflected in the file itself.

So, for some reason the game isn't reading the inputUserMappings file. :(

For me I can play on Gamepad and on Keyboard/Mouse, but Id prefer Keyboard Mouse as the Game is too easy on anything less than hard. But then you need to aim pretty good if you want to stand a chance. But not being able to simply walk is a bummer in immersion.
So Id definitivly prefer a walk toggle.

So any changes I make in the inputUserMappings file isn't being read by the game. If I remap keys in game, the changes keep, but I don't see any changes reflected in the file itself.

So, for some reason the game isn't reading the inputUserMappings file. :(

Hmm it should read the file. Are you sure you are saving the changes to the right file? The one in the folder and not the one on ur desktop?

Ok try doing this. (Also I found 0.4 to be too slow I switched it back to 0.6)

- Go into ur game and rebind SCAN TOGGLE or whatever u have for ur capslock to some other key. I did it for _`_ key the one above Tab. Apply that.
- Close the game then go into ur file and add that binding for CapsLock.
<button id="IK_CapsLock" val="0.6" overridableUI="forward"/>
to the bottom.
- Save that file, close it. Start the game and it should work now. I just tried it and it worked for me.

Thank you all for the help! I got it working by deleting all the files in the directory and uninstalling/re-installing the game. Now it works with caps lock, but it's not a toggle.

Still, I can live with that until CDPR puts this feature in the game.

Thanks again!

Great game! Loving it so far.
Usually there is a Walk toggle for most games on pc, but there is no button for that in the Key Bindings. This is annoying in such a great environment to not be able to slow my speed and enjoy the sights. Please add one?

Also I know others have complain, please let us rebind the menu buttons (IOJK etc.)

yes i'm hoping for key rebinds as well, it really affects my gameplay. It seems like the character will slow down to a walking pace while doing certain things but that's all so far.

I can't move my mouse or joystick (xbox one controller on PC) left or right when I meet npc's only up or down. EX. you meet victor you need to scan him to see if the implant is working i can't move my head to the right or to the left to scan him. (The mouse or controller speeds up and slows down when looking around in the game in left or right. i played with so many setting and used different mouses and controllers and its not me its the game) (I'm a design Engineer Im SMART) anyone else having this issue?

Hello fellow gamers
I thought i will share what i have done that worked for me
No need for extra line in the code i simply changed the speed on w,s,a,d and i can walk now freely without holding a key
Everyone should experiment with amount implemented to find the sweet spot
Hope that helps

Attachments

• Mapping.jpg
    Mapping.jpg
    419.2 KB · Views: 104
Hello fellow gamers
I thought i will share what i have done that worked for me
No need for extra line in the code i simply changed the speed on w,s,a,d and i can walk now freely without holding a key
Everyone should experiment with amount implemented to find the sweet spot
Hope that helps

Does this mess with your sprinting capabilites? A post in this thread mentioned they tried this and they couldn't sprint anymore...

Top Bottom