TAA ghosting fix - HOW?

+
Hey, as most of you probably know already:
1603433756526.png

The awful ghosting effect visible while driving was fixed.

What I am interested in is the method. This is not something that is possible to get rid of just by tweaking some parameters. Did they use something like this?: https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/gametech/anti-ghosting-with-temporal-anti-aliasing/

Or just changed the aliasing method?

I know none of us mortals can possibly know answer, but I'm reaching out here. This is very interesting topic to me so I'd like to find out more.

Guest 4406876

The ghosting is referred to that sort of blurriness you have in the edges of moving objects (especially at low frames and or grey colors. Anyways you can disable TAA from the json file inside your appdata/roaming setting files, along with other settings if you like. I got rid of it because it was atrocious.

The ghosting is referred to that sort of blurriness you have in the edges of moving objects (especially at low frames and or grey colors. Anyways you can disable TAA from the json file inside your appdata/roaming setting files, along with other settings if you like. I got rid of it because it was atrocious.
I wonder how you did this since there is no "default value" field and nowhere to be found in the file how would AA methods be named.

"name": "AntiAliasing",
"display_name": "UI-Settings-Video-Advanced-AntiAliasing",
"description": "LocKey#72353",
"order": 13,
"is_visible": true,
"in_pre_game": true,
"in_game": true,
"update_policy": "immediately",
"type": "string_list",
"is_dynamic": true

Guest 4406876

I wonder how you did this since there is no "default value" field and nowhere to be found in the file how would AA methods be named.

"display_name": "UI-Settings-Video-Advanced-AntiAliasing",
"description": "LocKey#72353",
"order": 13,
"is_visible": true,
"in_pre_game": true,
"in_game": true,
"update_policy": "immediately",
"is_dynamic": true
I did this :

"is_dynamic": false,
"value": "0",
"index": -1

Under
"group_name": "/graphics/advanced",
"options": [
{

Smearing disappeared for me. My string is totally dsifferent than yours. Might be that you have a different kind of graphic card? I have a 980gtx. I don't have that script written like that, tried to search it, it's not there. Anyways that script to me looks like it refers to UI. Not game scene, but I might be wrong big time.

I did this :

"is_dynamic": false,
"value": "0",
"index": -1

Under
"group_name": "/graphics/advanced",
"options": [
{

Smearing disappeared for me. My string is totally dsifferent than yours. Might be that you have a different kind of graphic card? I have a 980gtx. I don't have that script written like that, tried to search it, it's not there. Anyways that script to me looks like it refers to UI. Not game scene, but I might be wrong big time.

did this remove TAA?

What I am interested in is the method. This is not something that is possible to get rid of just by tweaking some parameters. Did they use something like this?: https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/gametech/anti-ghosting-with-temporal-anti-aliasing/

From my limited knowledge of using TAA in Unity - TAA requires motion vectors of objects over several frames to do it's AA stuff. It is possible to specify certain objects to not supply this information so that they become unaffected by TAAs motion smoothing.

I'm guessing they have done something similar in this game.

Because the game is very blurry due to TAA I added the sharpness filter. However even though this makes the game look a bit better it amplifies the gosting effect a lot. I guess we can't fix one thing without making something else break :(

Top Bottom