Driving fix pls!!!

+
1. Raise your eye level for first-person viewing while driving.
Because in some cars it is so low that the dashboard obscures the entire view, and because of this, not only road markings or curbs, but also other cars are not visible. if it's not a bus or a truck.

2. Make the steering less rigid. or add the ability to independently adjust the sharpness.
Because first person controls are very sensitive

3. Add a gearbox to the keys (for example) 1,2,3,4,5 when driving. so that you can maintain a stable speed. Or reduce the twitching of the character when pressing and releasing the gas pedal. for first person driving.
Or add the gas pedal control selection setting. So you can make it static and use the W / S keys to adjust the pedal position.

All of this greatly complicates the role in the first person game. And every time I get into the car, I have to use the third person view. But we don't play GTA. Please CS PR fix this.

P.S
I don't know English, so I used google translator.
sorry))

Last edited:
As a workaround, why not have a controller as a secondary for driving, best of both worlds!
I'm playing on Xbox One X and driving is also a mess for me, moreso from a control standpoint. I'm all over the road both from hitting the gas to the direction I'm trying to drive in. I tried making changes in the settings but they don't appear to make any change to how I drive. I guess I need to try 3rd person view to see if that changes things. I want to drive in 1st person though that would kind of defeat the purpose.

Because in some cars it is so low that the dashboard obscures the entire view, and because of this, not only road markings or curbs, but also other cars are not visible. if it's not a bus or a truck.

2. Make the steering less rigid. or add the ability to independently adjust the sharpness.

3. Add a gearbox to the keys (for example) 1,2,3,4,5 when driving. so that you can maintain a stable speed. Or reduce the twitching of the character when pressing and releasing the gas pedal. for first person driving.
Or add the gas pedal control selection setting. So you can make it static and use the W / S keys to adjust the pedal position.

All of this greatly complicates the role in the first person game. And every time I get into the car, I have to use the third person view. But we don't play GTA. Please CS PR fix this.

P.S
I don't know English, so I used google translator.
sorry))

You just don't get it!! - The driving is sensitive for a reason, It's to teach us how to properly use our fingers on a lady...
you have to be gentle and quick, feathering lightly with your controller finger and it requires all of your attention because anything less would have been immersion breaking. lol...

Seriously tho- couldnt they just hire some dev's from other games to help.
Like- if you want your controllers and shooting to be good, coders from call of duty would be good to have on the team.
If you want be able to drive and have it awesome, coders from dirt or Forza teams would be worth having around.

Even if you don't hire them, just look at industry standard code for such actions... there's no need to bake the cake from scratch when cake mix works really well.

also -- the Team that worked on that aspect of the game did a "sub-par" job and should be FIRED.

the interface is clunky and as confused as my first beautiful ladyboi V with a tiny D.

(censorship is rude... don't do it.)

Last edited:
I have problems with ray-tracing while driving in FP, the glare is unbelievable - like driving on the surface of the sun. I've only driven V's first car so far, so don't know if this issue pertains to all vehicles. It gets better when I turn off ray tracing (I can then see something), but the world is still much brighter inside the car than outside, even when I turn it off.

The speedometer reads higher than what you're actually experiencing. What feels like 20mph to anyone who has driven a car translates to 15-20mph more to the actual car's speedometer. This is why the cars/bikes feel slippery. You think you're taking this corner at 30mph or whatever but to the game you're going more like 55-65mph causing you to lose control.

I wonder if it's a bug because it seems to me you could easily alter this in the code and vastly fix the driving/riding mechanics.

Either fix or mark all 'jobs' involving driving as "Massive Waste of Space"

RL driving well over 750k klicks, game not even .75m without a handling issue!

(and yes that's bikes, cars, small trucks driven in RL - crashed in seconds in game)

Driving is just awful. It doesn't matter, though, because there are no quest whatsoever where driving is needed. Not a single car chase, no following some car, no running away from the police, no transport quest, no stealing cars (apart from "get to that place, steal the car, drive 200 mts to the garage") No shooting in the car... Driving is just useless. And dont get me started with 'the beast in me' arc. Races are literally worst thing i've ever played. EVER. Races in gta3 (year 2001) were waaaaaaay better. I mean, they were actual races! in these ones doesn't matter even what car you drive, other racers just pop up behind you, adjusting to your speed. No difference between racing with a caliburn or doing so with a fucking delmaine taxi...
All this totally breaks the inmersion. There are no parked cars (where would they park, without any parking slots along the roads?) , nor you can park yours but in the sidewalk, people won't get in or out of a car, there are no npc bikes ridding, collisions are ridiculous... Well to sum up: better to run and double jump, at least you won't get angry :D
Sorry for the rant. Needed to spit it out.

Last edited:
^ Ha, I just did a race in a Dalemain Cab. :)

That said, I do enjoy riding a bike around the city but the steering on the cars is a little too sensitive; then correction, over-correction, correcting again.. Bikes on the other had I can almost power slide around a corner and be good. Well nearly most the time.. but it is fun at least. Cars I rarely use outside the races...

Driving is just awful. It doesn't matter, though, because there are no quest whatsoever where driving is needed. Not a single car chase, no following some car, no running away from the police, no transport quest, no stealing cars (apart from "get to that place, steal the car, drive 200 mts to the garage") No shooting in the car... Driving is just useless.

I agree driving is a pain, but there are quests that involve car chases. "Sinnerman" is one of them. It's difficult because of the WASD setup which makes it NOT fun, but frustrating. (and if you lose track of the vehicle you're chasing which WILL happen 99% of the time the mission ends in failure. If you get that mission my advice is to drop it or just fail it on purpose and don't look back. It's not worth the trouble.)

And dont get me started with 'the beast in me' arc. Races are literally worst thing i've ever played. EVER. Races in gta3 (year 2001) were waaaaaaay better. I mean, they were actual races! in these ones doesn't matter even what car you drive, other racers just pop up behind you, adjusting to your speed. No difference between racing with a caliburn or doing so with a fucking delmaine taxi...

The car race quest I didn't do. I for it and turned it down the second Claire asked me to do it. I'm not wasting my time with the stupid way they set up controlling a vehicle for a quest that probably doesn't yield a reward good enough for the effort and frustration.

All this totally breaks the inmersion. There are no parked cars (where would they park, without any parking slots along the roads?) , nor you can park yours but in the sidewalk, people won't get in or out of a car, there are no npc bikes ridding, collisions are ridiculous... Well to sum up: better to run and double jump, at least you won't get angry :D
Sorry for the rant. Needed to spit it out.

Hey, I know how you feel.

yup eye level way way way too low for some cars, please just add a simple height adjustment and cruise mode

Drive is very bad in the game. We should be able to customize the controls more and better.

I would like to be able to steer the vehicle with mouse and use other keys to change view. Semi-auto gear option should be available too.

This needs to happen, couldn't drive most cars in first person.
I guess it is sensitivity. I've gotten used to it a little. Completed all the races (except the offroad one) in one of the better cars. But a lot of the vehicles seem to oversteer and slide a lot.
3. Add a gearbox to the keys (for example) 1,2,3,4,5 when driving. so that you can maintain a stable speed. Or reduce the twitching of the character when pressing and releasing the gas pedal.
Cruising speeds would be nice, for immersion's sake. The way it is now you can't really flow with the traffic.

Top Bottom