Can't play Cyberpunk as disabled person

+
So I wrote a ticket to cdpr. No answer or even a notification that the ticket has arrived. Did that twice. I tweeted cdpr, no reaction at all.

I found a solution for myself as a handicapped person who might help others as well:
I installed x360ce x64 and configured my controller in it. That worked. I use controller and mouse to control my games and used joy2key with any other game. As we all know this doesn't work here but x360ce works. Other then other games mouse and keyboard input don't get blocked when you use the controller. So I can walk around with the controller and use the mouse to aim and shoot.

Maybe this helps others as well.

I have Dmd duchenne and I am totally dependent on games allowing windows virtual input. cdprojektred always enabled this option. The witcher3 for example allowed virtual input..this was an absolute joy for the disabled community. escaping reality makes me temporarily forget my problems therefore it makes me a better human. please consider this for again allowing this option. other triple a games do allow this like: reddeadredemption 2, gta 5, detroit become human and death stranding(both ps4 ports nonetheless)

please help your disabled player base out..we would love to explore your magically crafted worlds just like everybody else.

Great!!!
Meanwhile (Laura's Palmer gif) i found a solution for my own case as i was using Xpadder:

I use REwasd completly, i was using it for the ps3 move drivers it brought with the installation.

Now it's different from xpadder because i use all my inputs , ps3 move and mouse with multiple buttons recognize as a keyboard on the mouse to emulate a xbox gamepad that windows will recognize as a full gamepad.
So it's like i'm playing with a gamepad :

Pros:
I have all the optimisations for a gamepad, analogue walk that's not on any keyboard key for this game, you can't walk with a keyboard!
So it's less buttons to care about and you could even remap everything on a simple mouse with two side buttons if you don't mind using the scroll for some buttons, let 's say the one that matters the less, dpad?
Once i've done my first Rewasd config it will work plug and play for any games
Rewasd is only 7bucks!!!!!!!!
Aim with a mouse, need some tweaking thought to feel it good
And my ps3 move went just bluetooth automaticaly, it's another cable gone even if i don't mind them and most of the time prefer a cable to a battery.

Cons
Rewasd was 5 bucks last time i checked.
I cannot use my mouse anymore if i alt tab the game cause it's a right gamepad stick now...
But there's a shortcut to disable it, ctrl alt del, and then you just reapply in REwasd, wish there was a dedicated control to switch directly.
You are using gamepads configuration so it may be slower in the menus and you have less shortcuts but here i can't still use the keyboard at the same time and remember: my mouse is also a keyboard with 12 side buttons,8 left since 4 are now gamepad buttons so i'll use those 8 to mapp M for map, P for character and so.
The engineer is been pissing me off for an hour as i'm writting this for you guys and i have yet to leave that garage for good and play that awesome game.

Great!!!
Meanwhile (Laura's Palmer gif) i found a solution for my own case as i was using Xpadder:

I use REwasd completly, i was using it for the ps3 move drivers it brought with the installation.

Now it's different from xpadder because i use all my inputs , ps3 move and mouse with multiple buttons recognize as a keyboard on the mouse to emulate a xbox gamepad that windows will recognize as a full gamepad.
So it's like i'm playing with a gamepad :

Pros:
I have all the optimisations for a gamepad, analogue walk that's not on any keyboard key for this game, you can't walk with a keyboard!
So it's less buttons to care about and you could even remap everything on a simple mouse with two side buttons if you don't mind using the scroll for some buttons, let 's say the one that matters the less, dpad?
Once i've done my first Rewasd config it will work plug and play for any games
Rewasd is only 7bucks!!!!!!!!
Aim with a mouse, need some tweaking thought to feel it good
And my ps3 move went just bluetooth automaticaly, it's another cable gone even if i don't mind them and most of the time prefer a cable to a battery.

Cons
Rewasd was 5 bucks last time i checked.
I cannot use my mouse anymore if i alt tab the game cause it's a right gamepad stick now...
But there's a shortcut to disable it, ctrl alt del, and then you just reapply in REwasd, wish there was a dedicated control to switch directly.
You are using gamepads configuration so it may be slower in the menus and you have less shortcuts but here i can't still use the keyboard at the same time and remember: my mouse is also a keyboard with 12 side buttons,8 left since 4 are now gamepad buttons so i'll use those 8 to mapp M for map, P for character and so.
The engineer is been pissing me off for an hour as i'm writting this for you guys and i have yet to leave that garage for good and play that awesome game.
awsome that this works for you :) for me I absolutely need Voice Attack. general implementation of virtual windows inputs would help even more people.

So I wrote a ticket to cdpr. No answer or even a notification that the ticket has arrived. Did that twice. I tweeted cdpr, no reaction at all.

I found a solution for myself as a handicapped person who might help others as well:
I installed x360ce x64 and configured my controller in it. That worked. I use controller and mouse to control my games and used joy2key with any other game. As we all know this doesn't work here but x360ce works. Other then other games mouse and keyboard input don't get blocked when you use the controller. So I can walk around with the controller and use the mouse to aim and shoot.

Maybe this helps others as well.
This sounds like a good workaround for now.

Can you give some more details about how you're configuring x360ce x64, are you able to set it to make controller button presses seem like keyboard presses? How do you run x360ce x64, is it just an application running in the background or do you need to add files to the Cyberpunk folder?

awsome that this works for you :) for me I absolutely need Voice Attack. general implementation of virtual windows inputs would help even more people.
You have to test Rewasd if you didn't, i don't know what input it takes but since it does PS3 move and understand my mouse as somehiw a keyboard on it proves it takes a lot.
Edit, found a thread about it not working... Sorry...
Kinect vocal command may still be a thing if you had not tested it but it sure something alike at the end...

Im also having issues with the touchpad, sigh, this is really bad, I was so excited for the game but the fact and it won't work with a basic peripheral and is unplayabe is just unbelievable.

Got links to various topics bringing up the issue of inputs not playing nice.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SteamController/comments/kaaqsz https://www.reddit.com/r/SteamController/comments/ka5b7w https://www.reddit.com/r/SteamController/comments/kaca39
And youtube video showing the issue around 38 minutes in

Then there is twitter, which gets harder to track.

Hoping this doesn't get ignored.

People saying it is intentional but it's not, it's just the way they built tthe game without knowing how many players play on pc with different schemes of control.
I'm only staying on pc because of that, can't go on console, even if next gen looks so great, and play with a gamepad, who really wants to aim with a gamepad when he has tested a mouse or a gyro, and the same logic goes for the keyboard, can't use a keyboard when i'm able to move with a stick, ps3 move is so great for that!

At the end this incident and others, i think, will acknowledge to the world that we can play with better control interfaces and then Neuralink will be a think and there goes the Matrix, everybody equals as long you have a mind to control things other than your body state.

For my case, having Rewasd set for this game also grant me a better experience cause i can walkwith analog and aim with mouse so i'm finallythankfull it happen, it's been a on day struggle to find a fix but i evolved and i'm stronger.
The same for you guys when it get fixed, by you, someone else or the devs.

I'm a physically disabled gamer, suffering from the SMA disease, I'm stuck in bed 24/7. With my disability, I have serious difficulties with playing some of the games because my weak muscles prevent me from pressing any buttons on the keyboard, I do everything using a laptop touchpad and an on-screen keyboard, as well as other accessibility devices and programs(scripts, macros etc.).

Sadly, the game is completely ignoring all input from VoiceAttack and Autohotkey, and every other accessibility program I'm using because of my disability...I'm honestly devastated right now....I can't play anything without this software. I've played hundreds of different games and never experienced this issue...

I had a bad feeling about this game. I tried several times to get answers about how the controls work.... I've played every game despite my disability and I didn't expect something like this from a software company of this level. I am very sad about this. Maybe a future patch could fix it but we want official answers from CDPR.

I'm a physically disabled gamer, suffering from the SMA disease, I'm stuck in bed 24/7. With my disability, I have serious difficulties with playing some of the games because my weak muscles prevent me from pressing any buttons on the keyboard, I do everything using a laptop touchpad and an on-screen keyboard, as well as other accessibility devices and programs(scripts, macros etc.).

Sadly, the game is completely ignoring all input from VoiceAttack and Autohotkey, and every other accessibility program I'm using because of my disability...I'm honestly devastated right now....I can't play anything without this software. I've played hundreds of different games and never experienced this issue...
exactly the same for me. I have a wheelchair but I need the same programs to game. I have dmd by the way

I'm here to confirm the issue. Wanted to use Steam Controller with the game, but without mouse emulation it's just doesn't feel good – at all. I hope that CD Projekt Red team will hear us and gets it fixed soon. Please!

This is unbelievable.

The only reason I bought at all is because I can map mouse to gyro in Steam. Without that the game is unplayable. It's absolutely unreal they would block all the countless gamers who use gyro in a SINGLE PLAYER GAME.

Its anti consumer, it's severely out of touch, and its not the kind of thing I would expect from CPR.

Glad to see the post won't be buried but a response that someone has acknowledged our issues would help

This is unbelievable.

The only reason I bought at all is because I can map mouse to gyro in Steam. Without that the game is unplayable. It's absolutely unreal they would block all the countless gamers who use gyro in a SINGLE PLAYER GAME.

Its anti consumer, it's severely out of touch, and its not the kind of thing I would expect from CPR.

I don't want to say it but, if CDPR doesn't respond after the weekend, I feel like this is going to need to become a news story in gaming outlets to get the attention it deserves. I don't think just asking for a response is too much or unreasonable. The majority of those here have high opinions of CDPR and really are giving the benefit of the doubt. I hope our expectations of them can be upheld.

Somebody on Reddit managed to fix it somewhat. If you follow these instructions the keyboard will work again. Here's the link to the Reddit post and here's what the instructions are below.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SteamController/comments/kaca39

I reverse engineered this and fixed it. It's a bug in their raw input code and not related to anti-cheat. Here's technical explanation:
To fix this yourself, grab a hex editor and use the find and replace bytes function to find this:

41 5F 41 5C 5F 5D C3 83 F8 01 0F 85

and replace it with this:

41 5F 41 5C 5F 5D C3 83 F8 02 0F 84

Note that the .exe must still by named "Cyberpunk2077.exe" or the game will crash on startup.

EDIT: Keyboard is fixed but mouse input may still not work, looking into it.

Top Bottom