Can't play Cyberpunk as disabled person

+
I think you just gave us more hope than anyone. If it's a code bug, they can easily fix it.

On the other hand, I'd just like to express how monumentally odd it is for them to block all these input methods in the name of CHEATING. It's a single player game, let people cheat if they want to.

yeah - i'm guessing it has to just be a bug, based on that easy fix

I think you just gave us more hope than anyone. If it's a code bug, they can easily fix it.

On the other hand, I'd just like to express how monumentally odd it is for them to block all these input methods in the name of CHEATING. It's a single player game, let people cheat if they want to.
Thanks but I can't take any credit for the fix. I'm just desperate enough and have enough free time to scour all the forums :) if the poster OPPAI was able to fix this problem partially in so little time it probably is a quick fix like you said.

I add my stone to the building.

I am visually impaired and although I can play the game, I am unable to read the vast majority of texts. I can read very short texts like dialogue responses by gluing my eyes to the screen and squinting, but if I have to read a quest description it's impossible, it's way too tiring and kills my eyes.

Usually I use the windows magnifier which works wonderfully and allows me to read in all games! Even if it doesn't work on FPS or any games where they don't have a cursor, it usually works in menus, or any other place where you have a cursor (Witcher 3 for exemple), but not in Cyberpunk ... Even in menus , the cursor is stuck in the center and the magnifier does not follow Cyberpunk's cursor.

Right now, I'm taking my time, and when I want to read things (quite often actually .. THERE are plenty of things to read!), Well I take a screenshot, I copy it to paint and there I can use the windows magnifier ... Really boring ....

I hope they will fix this problem very soon.
I have the same problem. Did You found any workaround?

I am quadriplegic and can't use physical mouse due to no finger movement.
To play pc games I use xbox controller on one hand and virtual touchpad on other hand with stylus to play most games out there. (I use touchscreen monitor)
Xbox controller works fine but problem is
Touchscreen input and touchpad input does not get recognized by the game.
Cursor is stuck in middle of the screen if I try to move with touchpad and virtual input like joy2key is not being recognize by the game.
Both window 10 touchpad and custom virtual touchpad program (TabletPro) is not working for me.
I'm really disappointed I'm unable to play right away or even unable to play at all.
Wish there is a work around or patch to fix this.

This is the overlay I use
View attachment 11073167

I'm with you OP! Can't wait to use my own keyboard and mouse customisation.
I do not like to be forced into someone elses idea of a setup. Especially when it's crap to anyone not born with all ten fingers.

What say you, devs?

So I'd open the .exe in the hex editor, is that correct? I almost don't want to test it because I'd rather not risk hitting the end of the refund window.

Somebody on Reddit managed to fix it somewhat. If you follow these instructions the keyboard will work again. Here's the link to the Reddit post and here's what the instructions are below.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SteamController/comments/kaca39

I reverse engineered this and fixed it. It's a bug in their raw input code and not related to anti-cheat. Here's technical explanation:
To fix this yourself, grab a hex editor and use the find and replace bytes function to find this:

41 5F 41 5C 5F 5D C3 83 F8 01 0F 85

and replace it with this:

41 5F 41 5C 5F 5D C3 83 F8 02 0F 84

Note that the .exe must still by named "Cyberpunk2077.exe" or the game will crash on startup.

EDIT: Keyboard is fixed but mouse input may still not work, looking into it.

Awesome work! I love how we all tried to help each other out. this method works fyi the file to edit with the hex editor is the Cyberpunk2077.exe found HERE===> in your C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Cyberpunk 2077\bin\x64/

Awesome work! I love how we all tried to help each other out. this method works fyi the file to edit with the hex editor is the Cyberpunk2077.exe found HERE===> in your C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Cyberpunk 2077\bin\x64/
it does the opposite for me now nothing works lol

aaaa
Somebody on Reddit managed to fix it somewhat. If you follow these instructions the keyboard will work again. Here's the link to the Reddit post and here's what the instructions are below.

I reverse engineered this and fixed it. It's a bug in their raw input code and not related to anti-cheat. Here's technical explanation:
To fix this yourself, grab a hex editor and use the find and replace bytes function to find this:

Note that the .exe must still by named "Cyberpunk2077.exe" or the game will crash on startup.

THANK YOU

Guest 4453607

JuiceHead mentioned this virtual input issue in a YouTube video here
For anyone unaware he is a YouTuber who mainly does Fallout 76 content. He has over 500,000 subscribers, so many more people are hearing about this now.

It's awesome community workaround happened so quickly to help until fixed by CDPR.

The hotfix that was just released does not fix the input issue, at least for steam remote play.

I was just tinkering with it trying to figure out what was wrong and got it working again. I was using alt+enter to window the screen to turn on my voice commands and when I went back into the game the keyboard stopped working. They have to be turned on I ahead of time to not run into trouble. My mouse doesn't work without tabbing out of the game though so hopefully the Reddit poster can make a temporary fix for the mouse as well
Steam users would have to run the exe directly and not use the CDPR launcher.
https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/kb73fr/_/gffpehl
Here's how you skip the RED launcher.
https://www.reddit.com/r/gog/comments/ka9q5e/_/gfawldd

Thanks for sharing!

This worked perfectly for me. Took just a couple of minutes to download the Hex editor HxD and then just a few seconds to make the change. XPadder then worked perfectly with the game. I'd let GOG update the game to 1.04 first as well.

Hopefully this means CDPR will have it properly incorporated into a hotfix soon.

Looking forward to enjoying the game a lot more now!

Guest 4456526

I can confirm that the hex-editing solution works for me to have Voice Attack work for the Steam-edition of CP2077.

Took 3 min to fix having never used a hex-editor before.

I did:
1. Search for and download a free hex-editor.

2. Install editor, and open Cyberpunk2077.exe in said editor.

3. Use Find > Hex > 41 5F 41 5C 5F 5D C3 83 F8 01 0F 85

4. Change the two numbers so the string ends up 41 5F 41 5C 5F 5D C3 83 F8 02 0F 84

5. Save and exit

6. Open voice attack and load the CP2077 profile.

7. Start CP2077 directly from the exe, without going through Steam or the launcher.

VA Works like magic!

Massive thanks to all of you who contributing finding the solution.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom