Cyberpunk 2077 PC Crash Issues

+
Hotfix 1.04 out on Steam. Did not fix flatline on pressing play for me.

The "patch notes" from updatecrazy and GameStar say that it was fixed, but the official CDPR notes make no mention of it.

Cool cool, cool cool cool. No doubt, no doubt.

For reference, I'm one of the many people with this error that have tried every fix and got nothing:

Error reason: Unhandled exception
Expression: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005)
Message: The thread attempted to write to an inaccessible address at 0x7FFA3AF96420.
File: <Unknown>(0)

Message: The thread attempted to write to an inaccessible address at 0x7FFA3AF96420.

have the same error, still no fix, and f***ing cdpr isnt answering any support tickets

Glad to see that the game still doesn't launch and still gives the very same error:
Message: The thread attempted to read inaccessible data at 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
I reinstalled all my drivers, reinstalled the game, reinstalled GOG, reinstalled all visual studio bullshit, launched it in clean boot and the game still doesn't work even after the update.
I have GTX 970 and i7 4790k so I don't understand where the problem could lie.

I cant even launch the game, just get a flatline error, I have an i7 8750H, 32gb ram and an RTX 2060, so no idea. tried all the fixes, any help appreciated!
Post automatically merged:

I cant even launch the game, just get a flatline error, I have an i7 8750H, 32gb ram and an RTX 2060, so no idea. tried all the fixes, any help appreciated!

I crash when I press play on the GOG launcher this happened after downloading the 1.04 Hotfix before this I had no issues with the game.

Post automatically merged:

For those of us with AVX issue (our CPU does not support AVX) Hotfix 1.04 will undo the efforts of fofo2323 and the modified game file on NexusMods.

You can block the update, you should block the update.

If you need to you can regress the version to 1.03.

Wait to hear if CDPR fixes AVX issue or our hero fofo2323 is able to gift us a fix.

For those of us with AVX issue (our CPU does not support AVX) Hotfix 1.04 will undo the efforts of fofo2323 and the modified game file on NexusMods.

You can block the update, you should block the update.

If you need to you can regress the version to 1.03.

Wait to hear if CDPR fixes AVX issue or our hero fofo2323 is able to gift us a fix.

Bro here I just did it for everyone. https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/73/

updated to win 10 from 8.1 to get DX 12 but didnt actually fix lol, same exact crash on startup but like couple extra seconds before it crashes.

Same problem here. Obviously I just requested my refund. So disappointed with this people and all the big companies and their crunch for what? Incomplete games full of bugs, and be sure guys that none will pay for that, just us being used as beta testers but making us pay for a "full game"

See you until the game is complete, for a lower price and playable

ATTN ALL WHO ARE CRASHING WHEN PRESSING PLAY
After spending 12+ hours exhausting all options regarding the crashing when pressing play (I had never even seen the loading screen) I've found the culprit.

The issue lies with windows 10(kinda, also CDPR is at fault here) and the way the game is implementing DirectX . I just did a fresh install of windows 10 version 10.0.19042 build 19042 (also known as version 20H2/2009)
and I was able to run the game at startup no issues.

This was my last resort, I updated drivers, disabled overlays, used DDU to do a complete reinstall of drivers, did a clean boot, literally everything I could. But this is what finally fixed it for me. It's kind of an extreme solution to play a game, but if you are truly interested in playing, be sure to either update windows or download this windows version, install on a USB and do a fresh windows install. It's 100% a directx12 implementation issue. For those wondering, my crash report in the stacktrace.txt before was as follows:

Message: Gpu Crash for unknown reasons! Callstack here is probably irrelevant. Check if Breadcrumbs or Aftermath logged anything useful. File: e:\r6.patch0hotfix2\dev\src\common\gpuapi\src\dx12\gpuapidx12error.cpp(40)

Good luck to everyone, my watch is over.

Error reason: Assert
Expression: <Unknown>
Message: Gpu Crash for unknown reasons! Callstack here is probably irrelevant. Check if Breadcrumbs or Aftermath logged anything useful.
File: e:\r6.patch0hotfix2\dev\src\common\gpuapi\src\dx12\gpuapidx12error.cpp(40)

I swear I have all my drivers up to date, I have a AMD 5700xt, It should be powerful enough to handle the game yet it keeps crashing on startup.

WE KNOW THE CAUSE we literally are fixing the issue ourselves and it's a hex edit. In fact it loopholes and cuts your STEAM played time out. So you can play the game with your play time staying still AKA if CDPR dosent fix the AVX issue well this fix also lets us refund our games still ;) :) . Please at least give us a concrete answer for if you're actually on the AVX issue it's so simple to reply to.
This doesn't affect your steam played time at all. The launcher in steam is simply the Launcher for the game, which directs to the Cyberpunk.exe file once you hit PLAY on it. It is totally unaffected as long as you replace (and rename) the Cyberpunk.exe file with the edited version.

Last edited:
AVX issue is not fixed. My friend starts at 1.4 gb on steam. He is downloading 27.4 gb now. I downloaded 1.4 gb only. Why he download 27 gb ?

Народ я знаю, что нужно сделать, нужно быть киберпанком в 2077 году что бы поиграть )

This doesn't affect your steam played time at all. The launcher in steam is simply the Launcher for the game, which directs to the Cyberpunk.exe file once you hit PLAY on it. It is totally unaffected as long as you replace the Cyberpunk.exe file with the edited version.

Bruh thats what I said. XD

Top Bottom