Cyberpunk 2077 User Reviews & Impressions

+
The 1st person camera kill the inmersion

I myself think it enhances immersion. The fact that you are on the some hight as other people you walk by, talk to or even fight is freakin insane IMO. 3rd person makes it not as immersive for me(noticed that on skyrim).

I myself think it enhances immersion. The fact that you are on the some hight as other people you walk by, talk to or even fight is freakin insane IMO. 3rd person makes it not as immersive for me(noticed that on skyrim).
Bethesda already realized that the 1st camera does not work in role-playing games in 2000. It is certainly much more immersive to see the characters speak to the camera (there are even times they do not even look) than to see the expressions and reactions on the face of your character that you took a long time to create.

an opinion:
visual bugs, overheating and very little roleplaying options. gorgeous visuals when not bugged, over an empty husk of npcs with no dialouge.

Agreed.
The good parts of the game are mostly technical. Graphics (if not bugged and without DLSS), OST, art design, even the story so far was pretty good for video game standards.

But the lack of basic mechanics in some areas (i.e. stealth has a lot of issues), the imo failed gear system that also forces you to wear shitty clothes/combination for decent stats, the lack of interactable immersive Roleplay-possibilities.

It feels like a great foundation, but ultimately hollow. Like a DnD Rulebook without any modules (aside from one main story module).

So far, 7/10 all in all. If the bugs and some of the major issues are fixed maybe an 8/10. Presentation for the story was top notch too. Im not regretting the buy, but I expected more.

This is an excellent review, you pretty much nailed everything. I haven't finished the game as of yet but the way that I feel so far is that I just want to get the story over with and return on the Witcher 3. The story even though linear, is really intriguing. That's just it.

It's very hard for me to believe that this game was developed by the same company which made The Witcher series, hell even the first Witcher game had way more options and even though you played as Geralt, you still had more freedom of choice which is quite ironic since CP77 is supposed to be a "make your own story" rpg.

I was expecting a more organic world, for example, when you travel around with Roach in the Witcher 3, you constantly bump into random NPCs calling you out, asking for help. I can name every single sidequest on the Witcher 3 and every single character. That's how impactful those quests were on that game, I think most of you will agree with me on this.

As much as I want to like this game, it really saddens me to say that once I'm done with my current playthrough, I probably won't come back to it. I don't regret pre-purchasing it, after all I respect CDPR and I really want to support them in their future endeavours.

OK so, first impressions...

Well, I haven't really encountered many bugs, personally, so that's been ok for me. Performance-wise, I was able to get my 1080p60 experience on decently high settings, as I was expecting, so I'm happy in that regard. My trusty GTX 1080 still has it. I suspect my SSD and 64GB RAM help keep things smooth though.

The game itself also seems to follow my expectations. Starting with gameplay - underwhelming with really nice presentation around it (unless you're playing on last-gen consoles, I guess). Combat is honestly way too spongy - I'm playing on Hard, but even dropping the difficulty to Normal just to test things out didn't seem to help too much with bullet sponges, it just seemed to make my character a sponge too, which was no bueno. A shame, as this means I am going to have to heavily invest in the +DMG% perks almost exclusively to be able to get a fun experience out of this. I was hoping this would be better balanced, but alas. Sneaking seems like a joke to me, since the AI is fairly incompetent, so that's a no-go either. Hacking is boring.

Driving - it's ok, pretty unremarkable. Game supports seamless switching between KB+M and controller, which helps with the driving. Prefer to walk the streets unless I have to travel really long distance. Radios are meh too, so not much drawing me into vehicle travel, unfortunately.

That nicely brings me to... music - Original score is excellent, radios are forgettable. Still, I respect the effort that went into creating the radio stations.

Loot - I don't quite understand what the issue with The Witcher 1 and its more limited but also a lot more meaningful equipemnt was, and why CDPR decided to move more and more towards this Diablo-style loot system with each new game. It's ok, but it sometimes slows things down too much given how much (useless) stuff there always is lying around.

Graphics - Even running the game on a mix of Medium and High, it looks fantastic. Well done to the team, it would be exciting to revisit the game in a few years when I upgrade my rig.

Open World Questing - actual step back from The Witcher 3, which was a bit surprising to me, actually. I would have expected questing to at least be on par with TW3. Basically, all these impersonal phone calls and map-marker-tied quests completely kill any sort of involvement I might have in side quests, feeling more like a poor man's GTA than proper RPG questing. Disappointing. They got this so right in TW3, not sure what went wrong here.

Story - it's aight, so far. Given the source material and what we'd seen from trailers and previews, I wasn't expecting it to blow me away, and I was right to do so. Hopefully, things get better as I progress the story (maybe some excellent twist and/or some exceptional choice-and-consequence moments are going to change my mind, who knows...), but so far it's fairly forgettable. I'm not sure the game knows if it wants to be more of a satire or an emotional experience, so instead it just ends up being all over the place. I get this feeling I had in RDR2, where the main quest is all done in a serious tone, while most/all side quests tried to be weird and quirky, making the expereince as a whole feel annoyingly tonally inconsistent. Again... REDs, you had this stuff down in The Witcher, why mess it up by attempting to emulate inferior designs?

Overall, I'm enjoying the game and I'm still in Act 1 so there's a lot more left to do, but I can already tell this will not end up being a particularly memorable experience for me. I wasn't expecting it to be one, so it's not really a let-down for me, personally, but it's a shame it didn't end up being a pleasant surprise.

Last edited:
You'd think, after all the hype and delays, this game would have been ready to go. It wasn't. Logging in to play it is more like a chore now, wondering if I'll be able to make progress through even one encounter.
Are you supposed to just stagger blindly around these rooms, hoping to see the little icons on things you can take or interact with? In dark rooms, are you supposed to even know what's going on, with all the clutter? I know you can tag enemies to keep track of them, but what about all of the other stuff in these rooms? Am I supposed to be hacking cameras? What do the RAM counters mean? What about everything else I can mouse over? Should I be DOING something with all the clutter, or just avoiding it?
Then there's the "driving". My god, the driving. Is anyone on a mouse and keyboard able to control a car? Could the playtesters control the cars?
There are sometimes timed responses in dialogue. How can you possibly read your options before the time runs out on some of them? And then there's the times where you'll click on a response, but the game doesn't acknowledge that you clicked on it, and the time runs out.
Combat: spray and pray.
I honestly just keep getting fed up and leaving. Steam gives refunds, yeah?

Well, the game has its pros and cons. the main problem is overhype. Too much is invested in marketing, just like love is doing EA and ubisoft not do this. This is not the cyberpunk way.
The biggest upset in the game is the character editor. You can customize your nipples, genetals, nails, and teeth, but you can't customize your physique-it's a fiasco. If you follow the trailers, V used to be more brutal and stronger, and then they made him amorphous and thin.

I love the graphics although they do have a hazy look similar to Control. The feel of the game and the environment is super cool. I'm enjoying the story so far although it's much more linear than I would have liked--I find that I'm watching a movie more than playing.

Guest 4456526

The music made for this game is absolutely awesomeness! Immersion galore <3

I have to say WOW just WOW. Totally amazed at this game. The story line is the best I have ever played and Ive been playing games since the beginning. 90's. I am only bout 35 hours or so in and that behind black wall internet scene was better than any depiction of that of I've ever seen. Better than any movie let alone game. Just amazed. Congrats. Also the launch at least on PC side has been unbelievable good. You sold more copies than WOW and don't have 1-6 hour wait to get into the game. Great job all the way around for a launch. Now I know some of the console boys having trouble but it will get fixed. I have had 0, ZERO, NILL, NADA issue's. Thanks again for making a great game for the future in thought. I look forward to what you guys do with it.

So my first impression is...feeling like a dummy for thinking the PS4 version was fine to play. I mean, it is and I haven't had too many bugs (only one crash...), just knowing the game plays so much better on newer consoles is...disheartening; especially when the game was delayed for this.

But that out of the way, I'm really enjoying myself. I'm feeling everything I want to feel right about now, and that's worth the wait regardless.

Story - I'm not too deep into the story yet, but I'm hooked. Really intrigued to see how this plays out.

Gameplay - Movement feels clunky, but not terrible. It makes me thankful that the game is in first person, as navigating these tight spaces in third person with these movement controls would be infuriating. On that note, driving feels really clunky, but it's fine; not a driving game anyway.

Combat - Really interesting this. I think this is the first game I've ever played where I feel more accurate when I don't aim down the sights when shooting. Still, it plays very well and I can tell how much effort they put into it.

Bugs - A few bugs and glitches here and there, but nothing I'll moan and groan about. The most frustrating one is there's an auto scroll, which made character creation a little frustrating when I was trying to preview all the hairstyles and nose shapes; the latest patch didn't get this one.

Still, I'm glad I have the game, and it was well worth the wait.

I just love this game :D Don't get why so many cry about it.
Because its nowhere near the game we were sold on or told to expect.

We need to talk about the awful and lack of NPC A.I and driving A.I

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/kbebxu
https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/kbazwb
https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/kb2jgj
https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/kb7z2e

NPC drivers do not react if you point a weapon towards them, think of GTA where they would have drove away in fear or reversed to get away from you

CDPR have not improved from Witcher 3 regarding npc interaction and general routines.

Have you encountered any general car chase? have you encountered a police chase? they don't exist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30gtnBG5op8&feature=emb_title&ab_channel=WackyW3irdo

Scarface npc interactivity compared to cyberpunk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktrm8fD91EE&feature=emb_title&ab_channel=熊遊戲BearGamingAsia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUH6CF7gFkw&feature=emb_title&ab_channel=Honcho

Because its nowhere near the game we were sold on or told to expect.

Im sorry dude, but what has my post about why i like first person to do with the game being buggy for more then half the players? Btw. Not trying to start a fight here my man :D

i want ability to call phone and invite prostitute to my apartment and have overnight sex or have braindance with her.

over an empty husk of npcs with no dialouge.
This is my biggest complaint with it by far. I was so excited to be able to go out and LIVE a life in Night City, and to discover that going off the beaten path only brings you more pretty things and vendors you can't interact with, is a huge let down. :/

Even worse that the NPC AI is borderline non-existent. It's pretty aggravating to take a shot at something, only to have random NPC's up to 100 feet away all cowering in fear in perfect unison; and have them stay that way until (I'm still not sure when they get back up because I never stick around that long).

Also, I thought for sure that so many of the games and stuff would be interactive as well.

It makes it suck for emergent gameplay.
Post automatically merged:

For me it is :D But i'm on PC. Loving it :)
To each their own, but may I ask how? I'm on PC as well, and while the graphics are pretty decent (some of the RTX effects are awe-inspiring on Ultra) there is just so much more that needs work.

The NPC AI is next to non-existent.
There is no real emergent gameplay (see above AI issue).
Aside from missions, there is nothing to do.
Nothing is really interactive.
The bugs are real, even with the latest hotfix.

I have to say WOW just WOW. Totally amazed at this game. The story line is the best I have ever played and Ive been playing games since the beginning. 90's. I am only bout 35 hours or so in and that behind black wall internet scene was better than any depiction of that of I've ever seen. Better than any movie let alone game. Just amazed. Congrats. Also the launch at least on PC side has been unbelievable good. You sold more copies than WOW and don't have 1-6 hour wait to get into the game. Great job all the way around for a launch. Now I know some of the console boys having trouble but it will get fixed. I have had 0, ZERO, NILL, NADA issue's. Thanks again for making a great game for the future in thought. I look forward to what you guys do with it.
I can't fault anyone for liking Cyberpunk but my god I can't imagine how low your standards must be to have such a high opinion of this game.

After like 8 hours I have strongly mixed feelings about this game, the marketing campaign and how I am supposed to feel about CDPR.

First off, I don't hate the game by any means. But I am flabbergasted and kind of disappointed by the state this game was released in. I mean, who decided that this is in any shape or form acceptable to release and take money from people? I basically pre-ordered an early access game. And a broken one at that.

I'm usually quit lucky with day-one-bugs in games. A few minor graphical glitches here and there, sure. No problemo. But this is beyond what is acceptable, because it completely breaks any kind of immersion.

It took like 10 seconds to encounter my first issue. It was literally the first interaction after the character creation that bugged out. Since then I think I hardly played a minute without any weird glitch, pop-in or texture loading failure.

I play on an xbox one x, and the performance is abysmal! I did not measure it, of course, but I think the frames drop to like 10-12 fps while driving or walking around in heavily lit environments. Some times the entire screen freezes for a few seconds, leaving me there, hoping that it won't crash this time. Talking about crashes, the game crashed like 6 times during this 8 hours. I did not have so many crashes in all games on the xbox over the last 15 year combined! (Almost). I think the worst game was AC:Unity that crashed like two times, back in the days.

Don't know if anybody noticed this, but when you get new missions, the game has a glitch effect over the entire screen. It happend two times to me, that game never exited that glitch state. First I thought, that was intended, but the game slowly got more and more unresponsive until it finally crashed back to the dashboard.

I stopped counting how often other characters just walked right through me during cutscenes. Which is nightmare inducing in first person!

The whole world feels kind of pointless. Yes, there are people around, but they don't do anything really. They just respond with weird oneliners, don't have any animations when talking. I constantly here people talking about things, but I don't see any people.

The AI is absolutely laughable. I would say, that on average in any combat encounter I had until now, at least 2 enemies just sat somewhere on couch, or chair, waiting for me to shoot them. Enemies that do move obviously can't climb stairs and go through doors. Some of them can see and shoot you through walls, but some glas windows make a bulletproof shield eventhough, you see a bullet hole in them.

Speaking of combat, many times I just enter combat mode and I have no idea why. I also get hacked with "overheat"all the time and I have no idea where that is coming from. I guess via cameras, because it stops when I shoot them. I'm not sure.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, this is one of the most confusing games I have ever played. There is little to no explanation of anything. And the stuff that is explained, is done so very poorly. For example the hacking mini game. It took me an embarrassing amount of time understand how that works. And I'm still not sure if I got it right now.

But I like the story so far, so that's a plus. But I fear, that the technical issues really prevent me from continuing my playthrough. The framerate, if you want to call it that, is giving me headaches, and it get's really annoying to have constant freezes, stutters and crashes. It's also no fun!

Just to make it complete, here is a list of all issues I encounterd so far:
  • Duplicated models. One of them is animated the other just sits, there.
  • Driving with a vehicle slows down the entire game to like 15 fps
  • Heavily lit areas slow down to like 15fps or less
  • Constant issues with streaming data for models, textures etc.
  • Loading screens are sometimes just black with some smoke effects. (Seriously, the loading screens are messed up!)
  • Sometimes guns are not loaded and I pew pew with my empty hands
  • When looking into a mirror sometimes the character is just naked
  • When looking into a mirror while wearing a hat, neither hair nor hat are loaded
  • Floating objects all over the place
  • Sometimes my vehicle just does not accelerate
  • Sometimes I get out of vehicle when trying to accelerate
  • Sometimes the enemy AI completely shuts of and just sits or stands somewhere
  • People standing in tables, walls and other stuff
  • Animation don't play and people just slide into position
  • Dexter DeShawn slowly slid out of the car during a corner in the first encounter. Slid right back after the corner.
  • Various crashes with no particular thing I did every time
  • I get phone calls during conversations, which is "realistic" I guess
  • Sometimes the game don't get out of glitch state after getting a new job -> which usually ends in a crash
  • The navigation is hard to use, since it forces you to take your eyes of the road. Also the navigation map is so small, that you constantly overshoot corners, because I'm pretty much passed them when I see it on the nav screen.
  • The UI is confusing as hell.
  • The UI colors are very hard to read
  • The UI size can't be increased, which makes it even harder to use.
  • There is no "dismantle all junk" option
  • I probably forgot a lot of things, it's just so much...

Top Bottom