Cyberpunk 2077 PC Crash Issues

+
Just wanted to chime in here and put my two cents in as well. I think there was some sort of update today and I think that's what messed things up for me. When it was released I was able to play it, but after finally work hard at my shift today I wanted to come home to play some Cyberpunk and this happens. I've updated all my drivers and even my Windows 10 updates. I'm using the REDlauncher and I bought it off of Steam. When I press the play button, I don't even get the courtesy of a blank screen, it just gives me the flatline error message.

I hope I'm not the only one that's experiencing this right now and I really, really hope something about this gets done soon.

I tried literally everything, was getting random crashing and hard locks since release and couldn't play for more than 5 mins. I have a watercooled 5700XT and it's fine for all other games.

I found that if I reduced the max clock speed to -10% of factory in the AMD Driver; the hard locking went away - I was actually able to play for over an hour; so it seems like my card can't handle the continual stress from Cyberpunk, or maybe the block needs re-mounting! It is only a poor 5700XT though... I will try -1% and see if stability is still there and if not reduce some more until I have all it can stably give.

The AVX Fix was working but now that the new update is out im getting no visuals, everything is black. I'm assuming it'll need to be adjusted for the update. Still doesn't run without it, just an immediate CTD. I don't trust myself to edit the .exe so hopefully someone who knows how can

The AVX fix (or whatever it is) has *not* been added to patch 1.04. However, the same fix still works even in 1.04, so you can re-edit the new Cyberpunk2077.exe file, re-apply the same hex edit, and that will fix the issue with older CPUs.

I can't help you with the other crashes tho. I will say that it's working pretty well for me:

Xeon X5687 @3.60GHz (Like a Core i970)
Win10 Pro build 1909
Nvidia GTX 1080, driver 460.79
16GB Ram

EDIT: In case it isn't clear: you can't use the patched 1.02 exe file. You *must* edit the new 1.04 file. I used HxD Hex editor (free). Make a backup first!

God, this is such a complete mess.
Tried everything, including underclocking my 3090 RTX.
Nothing helps at all. It all comes out the same - endless crashes. Can't play the game for longer than 10-15 minutes without crashes.
Forget glitches... this is just... ridiculous. What the hell is this?
This is just... bad bad bad. So much time wasted trying to implement fixes. First with CPU compatibility because the game had issues with a 3950x Ryzen. Then GPU "fixes" which don't work.
Complete, absolute, idiotic disaster of a launch. There was no reason to make this game available to ANYONE.
Whatever devs are complaining about "crunch time" should instead be fired and replaced by people who can prevent basic issues from occurring.
And I speak as someone who STILL thinks the Witcher 3 is my favorite game of all time. I wouldn't of thought this level of incompetence would be possible for a studio that produced that masterpiece.

Last edited:
cyberpunk 2077 "enemy hostile aircraft has a lock on us" then I hang out the car looking up at the 3 aircraft then Boom crash!
Constant crashing at this point and unable to continue the game. Decent machine specs and updated drivers.....

Downclocking to what? I downclocking by 600 and still get the same damn crashes.
3080 is a beast is it not? Take it down a few more notches, put everything else default and just see if it's stable; if so then it must be card related if not - can't help you.

The 3080's did have issues at launch with crashing though; not saying yours is faulty but I didn't think mine was either!

Good luck!

3080 is a beast is it not? Take it down a few more notches, put everything else default and just see if it's stable; if so then it must be card related if not - can't help you.

The 3080's did have issues at launch with crashing though; not saying yours is faulty but I didn't think mine was either!

Good luck!

Mine is a 3090 RTX and it did not have the capacitors you're referring to.
That particular issue was brought out by almost any game and mine runs flawlessly on all others and has no issues tackling ML workloads either. The only issue so far is Cyberpunk.

Mine is a 3090 RTX and it did not have the capacitors you're referring to.
That particular issue was brought out by almost any game and mine runs flawlessly on all others and has no issues tackling ML workloads either. The only issue so far is Cyberpunk.
Hmm same here; but clocks seem to have worked for me; I might celebrate and put the RAM \ CPU back up soon; lol.
Have you returned both of them to stock? Worth a try.

Good luck.

Sounds like a management issue to me.
Who knows... so many people involved. I'm sure there's plenty of fingers to be pointed at plenty of people.
I know it was a catch 22... they were getting death threads from delaying it the first time, let alone doing it again.
But seriously... it's so bad.
Post automatically merged:

Hmm same here; but clocks seem to have worked for me; I might celebrate and put the RAM \ CPU back up soon; lol.
Have you returned both of them to stock? Worth a try.

Good luck.

I tried -900... I don't know how much lower I can go... the card doesn't really seem to care either way, still shows no drops in performance until the crashes.

Who knows... so many people involved. I'm sure there's plenty of fingers to be pointed at plenty of people.
I know it was a catch 22... they were getting death threads from delaying it the first time, let alone doing it again.
But seriously... it's so bad.

I tried -900... I don't know how much lower I can go... the card doesn't really seem to care either way, still shows no drops in performance until the crashes.
You're not overclocking your CPU or RAM ?

Ayo guys heads up I just figured out something and it worked for me. I went to Steam to verify the integrity of the files. It found one of the files to have failed the check and I ran the verification of the files one more time and once it said all files were verified, it had to download the file that failed I guess (For me, it was a 7.2g file). I finished downloading it and I was finally able to get into the game. So for TL;DR:

Run verification of your files if you bought it from Steam.
If there are files that had failed the verification, keep running until the files are all verified.
Let it download whatever it needs to.
????
Profit

You're not overclocking your CPU or RAM ?

Not at all.

Ayo guys heads up I just figured out something and it worked for me. I went to Steam to verify the integrity of the files. It found one of the files to have failed the check and I ran the verification of the files one more time and once it said all files were verified, it had to download the file that failed I guess (For me, it was a 7.2g file). I finished downloading it and I was finally able to get into the game. So for TL;DR:

Run verification of your files if you bought it from Steam.
If there are files that had failed the verification, keep running until the files are all verified.
Let it download whatever it needs to.
????
Profit

Seems like a much more rare thing. I've never had it find anything or download anything.

Well I figured that the recent patch must have messed it up, but luckily I found out that you just had to verify the files. I guess it worked for my case and I hope it worked for you guys as well, at least those that bought it from Steam.

The AVX Fix was working but now that the new update is out im getting no visuals, everything is black. I'm assuming it'll need to be adjusted for the update. Still doesn't run without it, just an immediate CTD. I don't trust myself to edit the .exe so hopefully someone who knows how can
Im in the same boat my mind is blown someone fixed the problem on nexusmods and then there "hotfix" not only renders my game unplayable but jacked my graphics up... can I get a refund this is ridiculous...

1.04 didn't fix the crashes. Still flat lining...
This is getting ridiculous.
Yep, fixing quest dead ends, and stuff is important. But I'd be more concerned about ppl not being able to play at all.

Top Bottom