Can't get over 60 - 65 FPS no matter what resolution or settings on PC

+
It seems patch 1.04 was just released. Let's see how it works out.

I was excited seeing Steam update Cyberpunk just now. To bad that it didn't solve my problems...

Edit: I am kinda feeling sorry for the programmers at CDPR.. They work so hard, releasing patch after patch.. But I have to admit that the game wasn't/isn't ready yet. Doesn't need to be perfect, but absolutely needs to be better then the current state it is in.

Same issue
I play on 2560x1440, but i cant reach even over 100 fps with RTX off, dlss on superperfomance and 720p (and there are fps drops); Sometimes i have about 65-70 frames, but sometimes it drops to 45 (very unusual to see at my 165hz monitor). And graphic level (light, shadows etc...) not as important when i play with blurred image (on 1080p image looks bad, on 1440 with balance).So, the game now is still good (ive played about 15 hours), hope you will improve perfomance and fix all the bugs. Greetings from Russia <3

P.S. since i write this, please, combine jounal with map, its very hard to find the nearest quest right now.

Ryzen 5 3600
RTX 3070
2x16 RAM 3200
Win 10 last update 20h2
Tried to reinstall driver

Hello,

I've got a strange problem with Cyberpunk 2077. No matter what settings I choose, I can't get the game to run at higher FPS than ~65. I can set the details to low and change the resolution to 720p and the game doesn't run any better than on 3440 x 1440 with RT Ultra. Actually the game performs better with max settings at 3440 x 1440 than in 1280 x 720.

Here are my system specs:
Ryzen 9 5900X
32 GB RAM
Asus Crosshair VIII Hero WiFi
Asus TUF RTX 3090
Sound Blaster X AE-5

I'm using the latest drivers for all components and I can't get behind this problem.
Is there anyone here who has the same issues with this game?

Cheers
you have the same gpu i have in my train accident pc... its going in for repairs... AMD turn off V-sync and put on low. until the game is fixed.

Turn off GOG Galaxy if it's running. Make sure it's completely shut down.
I turned it off but there is no differnce in performance with or without it.
Post automatically merged:

you have the same gpu i have in my train accident pc... its going in for repairs... AMD turn off V-sync and put on low. until the game is fixed.
I never turn V-Sync on. At the moment there is no point for me putting the game on low settings as they deliver the same performance as if everything is maxed out. This is what's bothering me. There is no way for optimization because the gains and losses I get by turning settings on and off is marginal if they do anything at all.

I turned it off but there is no differnce in performance with or without it.
Post automatically merged:

I never turn V-Sync on. At the moment there is no point for me putting the game on low settings as they deliver the same performance as if everything is maxed out. This is what's bothering me. There is no way for optimization because the gains and losses I get by turning settings on and off is marginal if they do anything at all.
What are your pc stats

For the one who read my earlier reactions; I told G-Sync wasn't working, but reinstalling (clean installation) of the latest nVidia drivers fixed my G-Sync in Cyberpunk. Kind of funny, since I usually ignore the 'Try Reinstalling The Latest Drivers' tip... :p

Still it's not working exactly how it should, but at least the game is playable for me now.

Meanwhile I'm playing on MSI Gaming RX470 4 GB 8GB of RAM and 2nd gen Xeon 4c/8t 3,2GHz. MSI says gpu is 100% loaded CPU is at 60% and my FPS is arround 22 on average, in the garage with jackie on nomad start I can reach 37. Meanwhile this guy here:
is rocking solid 30 in the city on medium in full 1080p while I'm on low with 70% CAS. No stutters, no overheating, only 5GBs of RAM usage. My GPU is actually quieter now in the badlands than in character creation screen.

Man, Xeons are bad enough let alone in this game.

Hey. lucky you tbh at getting over 30 FPS...

I don't have a super powerful PC as I only have a Radeon 3 and a Nvidia GTX 1650. Weirdly though If I put all the settings to Ultra, turn off Film Grain, Depth of Field and Motion Blur and then disable the subsurface scattering malarkey and use that setting that forces it to run at 30FPS maximum it looks way better than trying to run it at low settings and doesn't seem to affect me hitting a fairly solid 30, with maybe a few drops to 28-29 here and there.

Honestly I am just relieved that my PC doesn't catch fire when playing it :)

RTX 2060 super / i7 8086k
RTX Medium settings @ 1440p
Looks great and can get 40 fps, with 1.0.4 patch, which is good enough to my eyes.

I just noticed that the GPU load with reduced details is 50% max. Also when I play the game on my second monitor which only has 1440p resolution, it doesn't go higher than 75% with everything maxed out. I'm not an expert but this looks like it could be related to the new driver that came out this week.

Never post anything on forums, but since I looked out for Cyberpunk 2077 for a long time I just wanted to add to the list.

Got exact same problem as topic starter. Between 60 - 70 fps, doesn't matter if I put it on 4K Ultra or 1080p Low. Also, the 60 fps is not the smooth 60 fps you would expect. It's choppy. I had a similar problem with Dishonored 2 recently. If the fps drops lower then the max refresh rate, it looks like microstutters (could fix it in Dishonored 2 by disabling G-sync, enabling V-sync to 60Hz ingame and lowering the monitor refresh rate to 60Hz; this doesn't seem to work for Cyberpunk because it doesn't got a setting for 60Hz V-sync ingame and the closest 50Hz setting makes my LG blackout somehow). G-Sync doesn't seem to work properly (like in Dishonored 2), but NCP is giving me the G-Sync label which indicates it should work.

My years of gaming experience thought me a lot about troubleshooting these kind of problems, but I can't get this one fixed. Not via any settings in Windows, nVidia Control Panel or the game itself. Since more people have this problem, I am about 99% sure that it is related to bad programming on CD Projekt Red's side and can only be fixed with an update.

Personally I don't play the game until it gets fixed. Some bugs/glitches I can live with. Severely bad graphical problems with my expensive setup not. It ruins the gameplay for me.

My specs:

Monitor/TV: LG C9 55"
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080
MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite
SSD: Corsair MP600
Memory: Vengeance DDR 3700 16 GB RAM

Edit:

Forgot to say. Started the game as Nomad on the night of release and got really good performance then. Did had to put DLSS on Performance, but then I had between 100 - 120 fps with everything on Ultra, the two settings on Psycho and 1440p. I was really happy with that. It was only the next day, that I had these performance issues. So I'm guessing it has something to do with patch 1.03 they introduced between those two moments.
I also have R 3600 with RTX 3090 and when outside driving car in the city, I get huge FPS drops, down to 40 playing at 1440p at ultra graphic - non RT.
I am quite, almost 100% sure it is a cpu problem, r 3600 is not powerfull or not optimized enough.
Proof:
https://www.pcgameshardware.de/Cybe...077-Benchmarks-GPU-CPU-Raytracing-1363331/#a7
Try to reduce crowd and other cpu demanding stuff, I will try it on monday, not at home atm.

Hello,

I've got a strange problem with Cyberpunk 2077. No matter what settings I choose, I can't get the game to run at higher FPS than ~65. I can set the details to low and change the resolution to 720p and the game doesn't run any better than on 3440 x 1440 with RT Ultra. Actually the game performs better with max settings at 3440 x 1440 than in 1280 x 720.

Here are my system specs:
Ryzen 9 5900X
32 GB RAM
Asus Crosshair VIII Hero WiFi
Asus TUF RTX 3090
Sound Blaster X AE-5

I'm using the latest drivers for all components and I can't get behind this problem.
Is there anyone here who has the same issues with this game?

Cheers
just put it on fullscreen, not borderless and fps goes up for me

This game is not optimized in principle, the optimization will take at least half a year, provided that the developers will be attentive to feedback from the players and will crunches all day long.

Meanwhile I'm playing on MSI Gaming RX470 4 GB 8GB of RAM and 2nd gen Xeon 4c/8t 3,2GHz. MSI says gpu is 100% loaded CPU is at 60% and my FPS is arround 22 on average, in the garage with jackie on nomad start I can reach 37. Meanwhile this guy here:
is rocking solid 30 in the city on medium in full 1080p while I'm on low with 70% CAS. No stutters, no overheating, only 5GBs of RAM usage. My GPU is actually quieter now in the badlands than in character creation screen.

Any chance you are on Win7 and don't have a fullscreen option ingame ? If you are on Win7 and can only choose a windowed mode you got your answer for the poor performance.
The guy from the youtube clip is on Win10 and dedicated fullscreen mode because his MSI afterburner overlay works (it won't in windowed mode in CP 2077).

I have the same problem on Win7 with my RX 5700 XT running on 1080p low/medium settings and only getting around 30-40 fps with dips into single digits and hiccups/stutters while in gunfights or near big crowds.
Game is literally unplayable like that.
On the other hand a friend of mine who has pretty much identical hardware specs to mine but is on Win10 can choose fullscreen mode ingame and gets 50-60 fps on 1440p with medium settings.

CP2077 supports Windows 7 only on paper.

I had the same 60FPS lock
I solved this by right clicking on my desktop and choosing display settings.
At the bottom of the window click the link for advanced display settings.
Then there is a refresh rate section. I set mine to the max 144hz
That fixed my issue. I forgot to change that setting when I refreshed windows 10 last week. Doh!
Now I'm getting 144fps Ultra Settings @ 1080p
Intel i7-7700k @ 4.7ghz
Zotac GTX 1080 TI Extreme Edition
Corsair DDR4 @ 3200mhz
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe M.2

Top Bottom