What does the "crafting spec" mean in the gear tooltip?

+

It implies that I can get a spec out of the gear. It looks like a button you click but I have been unable to navigate to it on my XBSX. I googled this and haven't seen the question asked or how you access this. Anyone have any info on this? See attached screenshot

It implies that I can get a spec out of the gear. It looks like a button you click but I have been unable to navigate to it on my XBSX. I googled this and haven't seen the question asked or how you access this. Anyone have any info on this? See attached screenshot

since I still can't post and this question just gets buried in the welcome thread, this is driving me crazy. Are the items marked with "crafting spec" worth hanging onto? I have them sitting in my stash for now but would like to know why some gear is marked this way.

since I still can't post and this question just gets buried in the welcome thread, this is driving me crazy. Are the items marked with "crafting spec" worth hanging onto? I have them sitting in my stash for now but would like to know why some gear is marked this way.
Here is what I see. I have a DR5 Nova that I just crafted and a JKE-X2 Kenshin(both handguns) that I didn't craft. The crafted one(Nova) has the "crafting spec" show on the tooltip. The non crafted one(Kenshin) does not have this on tooltip.

NOW, here is where is starts to get confusing. If you put, say, a sight or scope on the CRAFTED pistol, the sight or scope will NOW show with the "crafting spec" on tooltip. If you remove the sight or scope from the CRAFTED pistol and just hover over it in inventory it will NO LONGER have the "crafting spec" in the tooltip. Now, normally if it says "crafting spec" in tooltip that means you can craft it from scratch, HOWEVER, the apparent bug with mods and scopes that you CAN'T craft being put on weapons that you CAN craft will make the mod or scope show as "crafting spec" in tooltip even though you still CAN'T craft the mod or scope.

Sorry if this was long winded but I wanted to explain it as well as I could, heh.

just means you have the recipe.
I have a number of items (weapons, clothes etc) that are labelled with Crafting Spec that don't appear in my crafting list. Conversely, I have items available to craft where the corresponding item in my inventory does not have a Crafting Spec label so this explanation doesn't seem to fit from either angle.

I too would like to know this, I notice it pops up when I put a crafted mod onto my weapon/item, but I wonder why this is the case.

Why even show that? Perhaps it’s doing so for your convenience in regards to the perks that effect armor/damage.

It be neat though if scraping it would give you a blueprint, but I’m not willing to try it with my good gear to find out.

Here is what I see. I have a DR5 Nova that I just crafted and a JKE-X2 Kenshin(both handguns) that I didn't craft. The crafted one(Nova) has the "crafting spec" show on the tooltip. The non crafted one(Kenshin) does not have this on tooltip.

NOW, here is where is starts to get confusing. If you put, say, a sight or scope on the CRAFTED pistol, the sight or scope will NOW show with the "crafting spec" on tooltip. If you remove the sight or scope from the CRAFTED pistol and just hover over it in inventory it will NO LONGER have the "crafting spec" in the tooltip. Now, normally if it says "crafting spec" in tooltip that means you can craft it from scratch, HOWEVER, the apparent bug with mods and scopes that you CAN'T craft being put on weapons that you CAN craft will make the mod or scope show as "crafting spec" in tooltip even though you still CAN'T craft the mod or scope.

Sorry if this was long winded but I wanted to explain it as well as I could, heh.
Yup, I put my crafted armadillo in an unique legendary clothing and it shows "crafting spec". Just like you put a scope/mod on an iconic weapon, it also become iconic. Count as a visual bug?

I just tried this with a crafted DR5 Nova:

- The crafted gun has the "CRAFTING SPEC"-tag

- Now I put a looted sight and a looted silencer on, both without prior "CRAFTING SPEC"-tags... and viola, as long as both are attached to the crafted gun, both are getting the "CRAFTING SPEC"-tag.

So my money is on visual bug too.
The "CRAFTING SPEC" thing is most likely really an internal tag that just so happens to be shared around every component of the item, even attached ones. At least that's my guess but idk though.

There are perks for crafted items to gain stat bonuses. Items with this bonus are marked "crafted spec". Unfortunately it is also showing for any mods created, making any mod you craft and add to an item give it the "crafted spec" tag. It is a minor oversight in the UI development, as the mods should have the tag not the item.

I too would like to know this, I notice it pops up when I put a crafted mod onto my weapon/item, but I wonder why this is the case.

Why even show that? Perhaps it’s doing so for your convenience in regards to the perks that effect armor/damage.

It be neat though if scraping it would give you a blueprint, but I’m not willing to try it with my good gear to find out.

Thank you. That's exactly what seems to be happening.

Oh and just create a save before you test if it will give you a blueprint. I didn't have any luck with that however.

the apparent bug with mods and scopes that you CAN'T craft, being put on weapons that you CAN craft, will make the mod or scope show as "crafting spec" in tooltip even though you still CAN'T craft the mod or scope.

THIS! Thanks, Choom, for the preem detes.

As near I can figure it means that you received/obtained a crafting spec for said weapon. I'm not sure on wether there's bugs involved, but it seems you do not specifically need to carry the crafting spec, just to have gotten it at some point.
It means that you can craft the weapon or item in question again from materials if you happen to have disassembled or sold the weapon with that tag.

Note: some weapons or items may not just need materials to craft, but also perks.

:rolleyes:

This is why I never crafted, SO un-intuitive. For Pete sake give me a crafting station and a few components that makes sense like Welding Gas, Metal, Plastic, Explosives, Kevlar thread, Carbon plates! Have the building specs on a document not attached to a gun...

Why isn't the crafting systems simpler. You would assume. Once you got an item. The character could just learn the blueprint and be able to craft it. When you had components. Why is it restricted by finding the BP or other nonsense.

Top Bottom