About refunds

+
Hi,
I bought game twice, once pre-ordered on amazon in September (forgot about it) and once on GOG on December 10th since amazon wasn't providing the code timely.
Would like to keep Amazon one, but GOG Support isn't responding timely after original response about wallet credit. Don't want to play on GOG version in case they will take it back and I am unable to install / activate one from Amazon (it's just different GOG code)
Capture.PNG

I just want to keep Amazon PC boxed version instead just a GOG code.
Request #833458

Anyone else run into similar issue?
Anyway to change/swap out GOG redeem codes?

thanks!

I'm in the same boat as you. Steam refusing a refund on a game that I cant play...
Hopefully CDPR can step in and do something. I feel a bit scammed and saying I'm disappointed is an understatement.
Anyone know if a chargeback is viable?

They can (and have) banned accounts for this. If you're willing to risk your entire steam library over one title, give it a shot. Personally, I'd give it some time and see if CDPR and/or the pressure from players with issues is sufficient to alter their stance on a refund.

In this case, please, be advised that any PC boxed version does not contain disks. It is a GOG digital code as well.

If GOG has not replied yet, they may be experiencing delays, due to a high volume of requests.

hi, i wrote cdpr an email about a refund for cyberpunk 2077 on ps4, since it barely works i used this email address contact@cdprojekt.com. i was wondering if anybody else has used this email and gotten a response from cdpr.
thanks.

In this case, please, be advised that any PC boxed version does not contain disks. It is a GOG digital code as well.

If GOG has not replied yet, they may be experiencing delays, due to a high volume of requests.

They responded the same day with question if I want funds refunded to gog wallet to which I had responded no. It's been 2 days since...no refund to original payment method, no further answers... it is only fair i pay for game once.

They responded the same day with question if I want funds refunded to gog wallet to which I had responded no. It's been 2 days since...no refund to original payment method, no further answers... it is only fair i pay for game once.
Usually it takes it a bit longer than 2 days to put it back on your card. Store credit is easier because the banks don't have to get involved. They tend to hold the transaction up sometimes.

Usually it takes it a bit longer than 2 days to put it back on your card. Store credit is easier because the banks don't have to get involved. They tend to hold the transaction up sometimes.

All good now! support finally responded via 2nd ticket. To be fair I was only looking to get original purchase code invalidated so I can install Amazon purchased code and continue playing. I understand banks dont turn around quick. Either way all settled now. thanks to Dovaknight @support.
and another good news: game saves remained through deactivating old and activating new redeem code. Really awesome!

issue resolved. Have a nice day everyone

i was wondering if anybody else has used this email and gotten a response from cdpr.
That is a general contact address, not specifically for refund requests. They may refer you back to customer support on whichever platform from whom you purchased the game.

I wasn't going to refund before, but after finding out about the rest of how the game is and especially the way it ends, yeah I want to try to get one now but I got 6 hours in, also like some not actually playing.

Has anyone who has got a Steam refund get the actual cash back or is it just money to your Steam wallet?

Maybe I should have gone with GOG, didn't think I'd want a refund though before :/

EDIT: So sent in a ticket, hopefully get the refund and not some sort of credit or just denied
EDIT 2: Got denied... so sent another! Heard that if you do that someone will respond/ a real person that is

Last edited:
CDPR became just another Activision/EA. They fallen so low. The game is mediocre at the best. It is not an rpg in any way too. Sad. The hype and marketing is all that they have invested in, but forgot to invest into the game.

Hi,
I bought game twice, once pre-ordered on amazon in September (forgot about it) and once on GOG on December 10th since amazon wasn't providing the code timely.
Would like to keep Amazon one, but GOG Support isn't responding timely after original response about wallet credit. Don't want to play on GOG version in case they will take it back and I am unable to install / activate one from Amazon (it's just different GOG code)
View attachment 11077430

Request #833458

Anyone else run into similar issue?
Anyway to change/swap out GOG redeem codes?

thanks!
I'm dealing with the same. It's been two days since they said something about gog credits and I haven't heard anything else. I'm starting to regret buying from them.

No mans sky is better than cyberpunk on ps4 with launch. It has better graphics than Cyberpunk on ps4. I feel like throwed my 60$ on street.

So upset, think I can't get a refund and just... after finding out the endings of the game too I just am, well, upset. I should have waited than bought it right away without knowing what it was going to actually be like.

Edit: Third times a charm...Trying it once more lol, otherwise I'm stuck with it...

Last edited:
Why pre-order a console game when no reviews were allowed?
That is a general contact address, not specifically for refund requests. They may refer you back to customer support on whichever platform from whom you purchased the game.
ok thanks i contacted playstation/sony 3 times now they havent responded a single time but i guess i will keep trying, but they will probaly not give me a refund since i bought it of playstation store...
thank you anyway.

I actually feel sorry for CDPR.Of course the game has problems but I fear too many people will try to get a refund while also keeping the game.

Never able to get my refund, I hate that 2 hour policy with Steam. Honestly never knew about it, never really put into consideration refunding a game especially this one before.

I guess for those of us stuck with it, let's hope they add a lot of DLC for free and hoping not to wait years for that.
Especially some sort of alternate ending from the others... really hate the ending choices.

Top Bottom