What do you think is gonna be first to get a hotfix?

+
Idarran seems pretty nuts from what I've seen, in general.

Given his low provision cost you can fit Idarran in a lot of decks. No need to build a deck around him. Worst-case scenario he will bait out a strong removal.

If a card has such a strong effect and is neutral, it should cost more or have a timer. I hope Idarran gets nerfed, even if I crafted the animated version. :facepalm:

Given his low provision cost you can fit Idarran in a lot of decks. No need to build a deck around him. Worst-case scenario he will bait out a strong removal.

If a card has such a strong effect and is neutral, it should cost more or have a timer. I hope Idarran gets nerfed, even if I crafted the animated version. :facepalm:
Which is hillarious by the way :D (the animated version)

I have beaten Viy with SK Decks (deck runs Morkv)

People might not have realized it yet but Vypper could be the new [...] card.

I do agree Idrran has too low a provision for such a good card.

Last edited by a moderator:
You sure about that? If you deal with the Vypper on your side (heatwave, consume, transform (which is now in every NR deck btw) you instantly win the game.
If you can't deal with it just push R1 all the way and kill all the Damiens and Skellens. I think you're overreacting if you see it as more than a really spicy meme.
Now if someone makes a deck that abuses Vypper AND has points of its own, that'll be another story

I have beaten Viy with SK Decks (deck runs Morkv)

I do agree Idrran has too low a provision for such a good card.
Vypper isn't the issue, Idarran is. Vypper isn't intended to be infinitely spawned.

This is what I meant. It is already done and it is out there now especially since trynet got it on youtube.
Trynet's version literally has zero points outside Vypper. Watch his stream, he forfeited every single match where the Vypper got dealt with on his side.
When I said "points" I meant "points outside the Vypper combo"

Vypper isn't the issue, Idarran is. Vypper isn't intended to be infinitely spawned.
Idarran might be a problem card but definitely not in the Vypper deck, Vypper deck as I said can be dealt with by just removing the Vypper on your board or pushing R1 hard

This is what I meant. It is already done and it is out there now especially since trynet got it on youtube.
Mate, literally EVERY capable streamer keeps copying the same concept that came alive last week. Trynet, Bushy and all others are just jumping on the hypetrain to get some views on the latest "meme shocker".
This deck is nothing more - a meme. Try pushing the ladder with it for an hour and you'll see. I did, I was curious, but it is everything but efficient - bad draws at R1 and you are dead, Vypper heatwaved at R1 and you are dead, Vypper protected on opponents side by a defender, and you are - again - dead. The list goes on.
Post automatically merged:

Vypper isn't the issue, Idarran is.
Idarran is a card that enables extreme combos.
As long as it does not fuel a meta breaking, dominant deck archetype by it's effect, it will be just that - a unique card with an effect that can be used/expoited in many ways.
I agree that he could potentially receive a +1 provision or a -1 power nerf though.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Mate, literally EVERY capable streamer keeps copying the same concept that came alive last week. Trynet, Bushy and all others are just jumping on the hypetrain to get some views on the latest "meme shocker".
This deck is nothing more - a meme. Try pushing the ladder with it for an hour and you'll see. I did, I was curious, but it is everything but efficient - bad draws at R1 and you are dead, Vypper heatwaved at R1 and you are dead, Vypper protected on opponents side by a defender, and you are - again - dead. The list goes on.
Post automatically merged:

Idarran is a card that enables extreme combos.
As long as it does not fuel a meta breaking, dominant deck archetype by it's effect, it will be just that - a unique card with an effect that can be used/expoited in many ways.
I agree that he could potentially receive a +1 provision or a -1 power nerf though.
There has been a tendency on the part of CDPR to move cards outside 5 point removal. In my opinion, this is a bad idea. But If Idarran is lowered to 5 strength, other engines should be removable in 5 as well.

most OP card and the most toxic. Vypper
Outside of this combo, the card is absolute trash. But this combo is easy to disrupt. It's just a meme combo that works bc of surprise value. Once people learn it, it will remain just a meme.

You sure about that? If you deal with the Vypper on your side (heatwave, consume, transform (which is now in every NR deck btw) you instantly win the game.
griffin witcher can only transform other witchers, which vypper isnt. but you're right, if vyper becomes meta you can just tech decoy and auto win the game

griffin witcher can only transform other witchers,
I think he's talking about that guy.
IMG_20201212_164147.jpg

I think he's talking about that guy.
Nah I was talking about Griffin Witcher Adept but Celadyl corrected me, it can only transform witchers.
But yeah just heatwave the Vypper on your side and the deck crumbles. If you can't, just push round one and deal with all the threats (Idarran, Damien, etc)

I don't think Vypper deck is so dangerous and prevalent you need to put trash cards in your deck to tech it lol
just have a heatwave ready, if you don't match up with the Vypper deck it's still a good card

You know what. Viy is not the biggest problem. The most broken crap right now is the new Scum-tael witchers.

In this game always are broken 2 factions, SK or ST. There is nothing new here.

You know what. Viy is not the biggest problem. The most broken crap right now is the new Scum-tael witchers.

In this game always are broken 2 factions, SK or ST. There is nothing new here.

I wouldn't say it is always those factions, but yes, usually one or two factions dominate the rest. A lot of it seems to revolve around how much value you can squeeze out of your leader. Guerilla tactics can move defenders, set up Brehen and ensure crazy Gezras value. Overwhelming hunger makes combo-ing Viy a non-factor. Nilfgaard, imposter allows for the Vypper combo (which I'm not convinced is even good). SK isn't left with anything that plays for much more than 10, syndicate has cache (which isn't bad really), and NR, with the loss of shieldwall as a viable deck, is in an awkward place for now.

The viability of leader abilities seems to make or break the best decks consistently.

It looks to me like there is more dust than usual to settle — signs of an interesting and reasonably balanced expansion.
I don't know about balance but the patch is definitely looking a lot more fun than MM. It spawned some decks that play completely differently than Gwent plays normally, like the Kolgrim meme deck that actually wants to go down multiple cards or the Vypper deck, or Viy where you have basically one gold and as many ways to replay it as possible. Really cool and unique expansion.
I really wasn't giving it enough credit as the cards were getting revealed, but seeing it all in action this is without a doubt one of the best expansions this game ever got

Top Bottom