Cyberpunk 2077 PC Crash Issues

+
Does anyone know what this means in the reporting file?: "crashVersion": "3217599"

I posted a new thread because this mostly seemed to be focused on specific causes and/or non-AVX CPU's.

(1) PC Crashing Error Code - 3217599 | Forums - CD PROJEKT RED
Post automatically merged:

I have officially hit the 3 hour mark on steam trying to get this game running. I have yet to even start playing the game...Yes, 3 hours of nothing but fiddling with settings and crashing. Words cannot even begin to describe the disappointment I'm feeling right now.

I have tried nearly everything(yes, I actually went through 70+ pages because I'm desperate) suggested in this thread except reformating my drive and reinstalling my OS. I'm not about to reinstall my entire OS just for the sake of one game. What sort of game requires one to reformat their drive and reinstall the damn OS?

Let me break down the issue I'm experiencing:

My screen suddenly turns blank after some time.

One such instance is whenever I try to watch the intro movie. It plays until halfway through(around the part about hackers turning off the power) then my screen turns blank.

Another instance is about 10 seconds after starting any of the lifepaths. For example, whenever I start(the scene with v vomiting in the bathroom) with corpo, my screen always turns blank when the 1st conversation choice comes up.

In all instances, a look at my windows event viewer reviewed that the issue seems to lie with the Nvidia drivers. That is to say, the drivers are crashing during the game and unable to recover. The driver crash also results in multiple instances of the windows process, dwm.exe, crashing as well. As such, I could only hard reset my system each time it occurred. I'm using the latest drivers(460.79) for cyberpunk and I used DDU to do a clean install.

I have been able to figure out a workaround for the intro movie by turning on vsync and frame limit and setting both to 60. That enabled me to watch it the whole way through. However, it does nothing when trying to play the game itself. I even tried setting everything to the lowest but to no avail.

My specs are:
R9 3900X(bios updated)
RTX 3080
16GB ram @ 3200mhz
850W 80+ gold psu
Windows 10(updated to latest version 20H2)
970 evo m2 ssd

Nothing is overclocked, not even the GPU. I believe the issue lies somewhere between the game and the drivers as I absolutely do not experience any issues with other games. RDR2 ultra? No issues. AC valhalla ultra? No issues.

I emphasize again, mine is not a typical game crash(ie flatlined). My issue is with the game crashing the gpu driver and the driver in turn unable to recover. It also results in the dwm.exe process crashing.

I have tried all I reasonably could. How did this game pass QA in the first place?
What error code are you getting?

Last edited:
I found a solution for my game not launching issue with the following stack trace:

Error reason: Unhandled exception
Expression: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005)
Message: The thread attempted to read inaccessible data at 0x0.
File: <Unknown>(0)

Short answer:
I enabled AMD's Virtual Super Resolution in the Radeon Software.

My system with the issue:
Windows 10 latest 20H2
i7 6700k
AMD 5700xt red devil
Motherboad Asus Z170 Sabertooth Mk1

My old system upstairs was fine:
Windows 10 latest 20H2
i7 2600k
Nvidea GTX 1070

So before this I tried downgrading the AMD driver and the latest Windows 10 feature pack plus some other patches but it didn't make a difference.
And I noticed this week I had got an issue with DirectX games launching in full screen, the games were launching at a small size in the top left corner of the screen and I was unable to set the games to windowed mode or change resolution. Alt + enter made no difference and DPI settings made no difference.
This is on a 4k tv as well.
In fact Nier Automated was getting a 'No graphics memory' error.
Not sure what caused that bug but after switching Virtual Super Resolution on they were working like normal.

So wierd.
And as a note I was remote desktopping into the downstairs PC with the issue and Cyberpunk would launch, so not a CPU issue.

Hope it helps other people out.

I have the same issue and stack trace as you, but my build is almost exactly the same as your system upstairs that works, but with a better i7...and nothing works...cool cool... :giveup:

Message: The thread attempted to read inaccessible data at 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
specs:
Windows 10 Pro 20H2
intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600 CPU @ 3.30GHz 3.30 GHz
16.0 GB RAM
gtx 1060 6GB
Help I dont know what to anymore

Lol. Hotfix 1.04

Attachments

• image_2020-12-12_173458.png
    image_2020-12-12_173458.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 629
The game crashes ("Flatline error") always after Jackie enters Delamain, in The Heist mission. So I load the previous save, do some side quests, but whenever I try to continue The Heist, the game crashes again, always at the same point. It sucks that a long awaited game has so many bugs. Now I will be doing side quests until this is fixed. :(

I'm running on Steam and a 5700XT

Ever since the 1.04 patch the game keeps freezing on the Takemura diner scene all the time I can't progress the story, tried loading older saves and its fine until that point. If i try an older side mission ive autosaved it works for like 10 minutes before crashing.

Kicks me out to a flatline error.

Verifying game integrity does nothing!! And updated drivers.
Played for 12 hours so can't get a steam refund.

Is there no other solution to get past this crash?????

What error code are you getting?

Where to see the error code?

I don't think I even have one. The only thing that points to a reason within the report is the part about the gpu crashing due to an unknown reason.

Here's an excerpt:

!!!CRASHED!!!
Error Reason: Assert
Expression:
Message: Gpu Crash for unknown reasons! Callstack here is probably irrelevant. Check if Breadcrumbs or Aftermath logged anything useful.
File: e:\r6.patch0hotfix2\dev\src\common\gpuapi\src\dx12\gpuapidx12error.cpp
Line: 40

I have since 16:16 nonstop crashes - and all are GPU related

Its unplayable now.

1607791895903.png

Error reason: Assert
Expression: <Unknown>
Message: Gpu Crash for unknown reasons! Callstack here is probably irrelevant. Check if Breadcrumbs or Aftermath logged anything useful.
File: e:\r6.patch0hotfix2\dev\src\common\gpuapi\src\dx12\gpuapidx12error.cpp(40)

For those having issues with the:

Mine hasn't crashed since changing to the native res of my monitor. I was running it at 2560x1440 and getting crashed out every 10-15 mins on average. I've changed to native 4k res and haven't crashed out since....

Maybe too early to tell, and could just be coincidnece, but did someone else getting that crash (and assuming they weren;t running at native res) already want to give it a try and see if it works for them?

i got official respond from tech support from GOG and i LOL xD

They said that are working on AVX official but at the moment i can

install nexus mode and give me link to them xD

So probably CDPR wrote the nexus mode :D

For those having issues with the:

Mine hasn't crashed since changing to the native res of my monitor. I was running it at 2560x1440 and getting crashed out every 10-15 mins on average. I've changed to native 4k res and haven't crashed out since....

Maybe too early to tell, and could just be coincidnece, but did someone else getting that crash (and assuming they weren;t running at native res) already want to give it a try and see if it works for them?

I have the same error log, but I'm one of the people who flatline when hitting play in the launcher or launching the exe directly. My monitor is on native res, too

Message: The thread attempted to read inaccessible data at 0x100000A15.

And it works fine before 1.04 :(

Attachments

• Cyberpunk2077.exe-20201212-190359-9748-15280.txt
    4.8 KB · Views: 121
i7 700k, GTX 1070, 16 GB Ram

During The Heist Mission: Delamain says Enemy Aircrafts are coming V gets out the Window, Aircrafts shoot and then the Crash. Anybody have the Same Issue?

!!!CRASHED!!!
Error Reason: Unhandled exception
File: <Unknown>
Line: 0

Attachments

• Cyberpunk2077.exe-20201212-175915-13956-10728.txt
    4.6 KB · Views: 83
  • screenshot.png
    screenshot.png
    110.2 KB · Views: 93
My 3rd run with DLSS disable didnt got any crashes so far with 1.04 patch. Running on 2700x and 2080ti. If enable DLSS, it will crash again and perhaps might be gpu driver.

Hi.
I've been having the error:

I've just tried a new thing and it finally got my game to launch past pressing play on the redengine / steam play button.
on Win 10 Right click on desktop and click on display settings
go all the way down and click on Graphics settings
and turn on Variable refresh rate

after doing that it started working for me. Haven't seen past character creation but works perfectly.

I bought a new motherboard, new processor, new video card and RAM. Thank you Cyberpunk 2077, thank you CDPR.
Now I'm one step closer to real cyberpunk :В

Top Bottom