Please seperate dodge from WASD

+
You can double tap your crouch button (C on mine) while moving in a direction to dodge. It's in the tutorial section for movement instructions.

You can double tap your crouch button (C on mine) while moving in a direction to dodge. It's in the tutorial section for movement instructions.
Thank you, I definitely missed some things in that tutorial. Do you know if its possible to revisit the tutorial later in the game? It's just so unintuitive to have anything bound to a double tap. I cannot recall a single game I have ever played that does that.

Or don't. Because double tap to dodge is the best way. I hate separate dodge keybinds.
This is the reason I brought up Vermintide 2. In that game you are given the option to have jump and dodge bound to the same key or separate. The reason why you'd want them bound to the same key is beyond me, but the option is there.

That's not the real problem, the problem is when we accidentally press the "awsd" key twice when we are trying to sneak around or when we try to approach the corner of a wall.

Please add the option to change it.

I don't know if it works but try it for now :
- Changes main key binding from F to E.
- Adds the ability to Walk and Drive slowly by holding V.
- Adds a dedicated Dodge by pressing Left Control and disables double tap dodging.
- Adds the ability to use the mouse scroll up and down for dialogue selection.
- You can now use YGHJ as a workaround for toggleable Walk/Driving sp

I just tried this and it didn't work. I'm also bothered by this double tap reload causing me to switch weapons with stuff on the ground. Can't find the keybind for that to turn it off.

I just tried this and it didn't work. I'm also bothered by this double tap reload causing me to switch weapons with stuff on the ground. Can't find the keybind for that to turn it off.

It should work. It's in the instructions and does work on repeated testing.

Might be a bug.

I rebound mine to single-tap for Alt anyway.

I changed dodge key binding to aim button.
Double tap the aim button while moving.

<mapping name="Dodge_Button" type="Button" >
<button id="IK_Pad_B_CIRCLE" />
<button id="IK_RightMouse" overridableUI="crouchHold"/>
</mapping>

You can use both dodge and aim for this bind, I don't know if the aim is a toggle.

If you don't need dodge, it's easier to increase the keystroke count in inputContexts.xml

<!-- MULTITAP ACTIONS -->

<multitap action="Dodge" count="99" uptime="0.2" downtime="0.2" /> <!-- Kerenzikov Dodge -->
<multitap action="DodgeForward" count="99" uptime="0.2" downtime="0.2" cancels="Right;Back;Left" />
<multitap action="DodgeRight" count="99" uptime="0.2" downtime="0.2" cancels="Forward;Back;Left" />
<multitap action="DodgeBack" count="99" uptime="0.2" downtime="0.2" cancels="Right;Forward;Left" />
<multitap action="DodgeLeft" count="99" uptime="0.2" downtime="0.2" cancels="Right;Back;Forward" />

Last edited:
<!-- Keyboard specific dodge -->
<mapping name="DodgeForward_Button" type="Button" >
<button id="IK_7" overridableUI="forward"/>
</mapping>

<mapping name="DodgeRight_Button" type="Button" >
<button id="IK_8" overridableUI="right"/>
</mapping>

<mapping name="DodgeBack_Button" type="Button" >
<button id="IK_9" overridableUI="back"/>
</mapping>

<mapping name="DodgeLeft_Button" type="Button" >
<button id="IK_0" overridableUI="left"/>
</mapping>

button id="IK_0" 0 is the key that was D before and so on.

I just swapped the keys out, dont need the doge buttons anyways.

Top Bottom