PS5 crashing during character creation

+
We started getting big ugly flashing triangles all over both characters during character creation, then the game crashed, forcing us to do a hard restart, and then the PS5 got stuck in a restart loop. We had to forcefully shut it off and restart, eventually even pulling the plug.

Choosing a different player profile appeared to finally end the loop, but when we tried to restart the game it froze in character creation even before any characters appeared.

Brand new PS5, which we got only a few hours ago, and the game that came with it ran great, btw.

EDIT: From the Sony error code supplied by the machine, they're telling us to uninstall and reinstall the game...which took 4 hours the first time.

Sigh.

Last edited:
Okay, so we deleted the game from the PS5, reinstalled, downloaded the patch again....

...and this time it crashed, hard, before even reaching character creation.

So now are we pointing fingers at the PS5, the game, or both?

(And if you're wondering, we have nothing attached to the PS5--no external HD or anything.)

EDIT: This game messed up the PS5 so completely that we can't even play Astro's Playroom, the pre-installed game. So we wiped the machine completely and are now reinstalling AP (an 11g download, for those who thought it was a minor little nothing game).

Last edited:
I don't know, you can send a ticket to support (with the link I mentioned above - "contact us" to send a ticket).

All I can say is that this is not a usual problem. I had no issues with character creation on PS4. So no clue why the PS5 is struggling hard with it this time. But it might be a good idea to let support know.

So I'm guessing CDPR & Sony will be pointing fingers at each other for, oh, at least a week until someone comes up with fixes to make the game stop crashing PS5s before you can even get out of character creation?
Post automatically merged:

I don't know, you can send a ticket to support (with the link I mentioned above - "contact us" to send a ticket).

All I can say is that this is not a usual problem. I had no issues with character creation on PS4. So no clue why the PS5 is struggling hard with it this time. But it might be a good idea to let support know.
Uh, isn't typing a message on the "Technical" boards letting support know?

Uh, isn't typing a message on the "Technical" boards letting support know?

Not really. As mentioned in the technical section: "This subforum is not a channel of CD PROJEKT RED's Tech Support Team! If you need to contact our Tech Support Team, please visit the Official Tech Support Website"

Support will check out the forums too whenever they can, but there's no guarantee that they will see every post.

Top Bottom