QoL Improvements Needed

+
Hey, I'm sure you're aware of the bugs and working on fixing them. I wanted to mention some gameplay shortcomings for you to consider.

Clothing Store Preview and Vehicle Test Drive.
It'd be nice to see how clothes look before buying them, similarly, to test drive a vehicle before deciding to buy it. I like that economy is such that we're unable to just purchase everything and have to choose, but there's no sensible way of choosing before having an option to try these things. Our only solution then is saving up enough, saving game, buying to try it and reloading the save if we didn't like it.

Minimap doesn't zoom out when speeding.
This makes navigating in a vehicle very complicated. Whenever there is a sharp turn, there is no time to notice it, as a result, we miss the turn, spin out, turn around and only then are able to take it.

No Walk Toggle on PC.
This has sure been mentioned, it's immersion breaking. It's a must among another key mapping options for PC.

Character Creation controls and navigation.
This is the first thing that mildly bothered me when I first launched the game. It'd make navigation much less tedious if every selection had a drop down with preview images, like eye colors, for example. As it is now, we're forced to scroll through 40 hair options to come preview them all and come back to that one we've liked.

These are the things that came to mind at the time, I'd like to hear more from other players.

When you open scanner, once you target enemy you cannot zoom in/out with scroll any more since it starts to cycle through available quickhacks. Mabe the scroll should not be used for cycling through quickhacks in scanner since there are other keys already mapped to that action as well.

Personally the walk toogle doesn't bother me in the least but based on how many people are asking for it, I guess it's important.
I fully agree with the first one, like 100%. It's indeed, a bit annoying to have to quick save before buying stuffs, a way to see how it looks on out character before you do would make things much more fluid.

I would have one feedback on my own.

Ability to holster your weapon
It actually goes beyond roleplaying since you have to aim at people in order to zoom in (which causes the "you're doing something illegal, stop or the police will kick your butt" prompt).

An easy way to fix this would be to set ALT to holster your weapon instead of cycling through them.
I mean, correct me if I'm wrong but you can already do that using the scroll button on your mouse right? In a superior way too since you can go up or down while ALT is linear (if that make sense).
I don't know how it's maped on a controller but I would be surprised if it was an issue.

EDIT: I tested it and breksta's right, you can holdster your weapon by double tapping TAB.
It's not made very obvious by the game so I edit my post to point it out for people who would wonder about it.

Last edited:
Craft Multiple
We need the option to craft multiple items in one go. Especially upgrading crafting components to the next tier is currently cumbersome.

See current ammo count while crafting ammo/cap ammo craft at max ammo
we need to be able to see how much ammo we need to craft, or it should cap once we reach the max, instead of allowing an infinite sink of components

QoL def needed on Journal as well. Take a stroll around Night City and within the hour you'd see it cluttered with quests. Map is also overwhelming with icons.

QoL def needed on Journal as well. Take a stroll around Night City and within the hour you'd see it cluttered with quests. Map is also overwhelming with icons.
You can fix the icon issue by pressing "Z" on the map.
It filters the icons to certain types only.

Here are my QoL hopes:

Push M to open map but pushing M again just zooms it in a little bit.

pressing 'i' should open inventory, but just brings up your menu and requires more navigation every time I want to look in my inventory. Is it possible to have context sensitive keybinds? like i-i to go to inventory, i-b for backpack, i-c for cyberware?

Right now i closes inventory no matter where you are at. M to open map, i closes it. It's just so counterintuitive.

It actually goes beyond roleplaying since you have to aim at people in order to zoom in (which causes the "you're doing something illegal, stop or the police will kick your butt" prompt).

Double tap ALT

* saw others already replied to this

Splitting zoom from scrolling through quick hacks
Ability to craft more than 1 item at a time if you have the parts

These seem like a no brainer I'm the devs didn't decide to do this in the first place

Your car jobs on the map or in the journel should have a preview picture of the car, anytime I'm looking to get one because I've got some cash I have to go back and forward between the messages to see the picture and name, then go to the journal to track which car it is and to see the price. Also just putting all the cars in its own separate drop down makes for easier navigation than search for the particular fixer in your messages

Definitely need a way to sort it further and for the game to remember when we collapse tiers.

Splitting zoom from scrolling through quick hacks
Ability to craft more than 1 item at a time if you have the parts

These seem like a no brainer I'm the devs didn't decide to do this in the first place
Pretty sure you can change binds for zoom. As it is now, you've just gotta remove your targeting reticule off the target to change zoom level with default controls.
It'd be nice to have an easier option of completely unbinding keys too.

Personally the walk toogle doesn't bother me in the least but based on how many people are asking for it, I guess it's important.
I fully agree with the first one, like 100%. It's indeed, a bit annoying to have to quick save before buying stuffs, a way to see how it looks on out character before you do would make things much more fluid.

I would have one feedback on my own.

An easy way to fix this would be to set ALT to holster your weapon instead of cycling through them.
I mean, correct me if I'm wrong but you can already do that using the scroll button on your mouse right? In a superior way too since you can go up or down while ALT is linear (if that make sense).
I don't know how it's maped on a controller but I would be surprised if it was an issue.

EDIT: I tested it and breksta's right, you can holdster your weapon by double tapping TAB.
It's not made very obvious by the game so I edit my post to point it out for people who would wonder about it.
that is odd double tapping ALT for me holsters my weapons and to walk if you just hold right click while you move it will slow you down to a walk as well as let you get a better look at what your walking by

that is odd double tapping ALT for me holsters my weapons and to walk if you just hold right click while you move it will slow you down to a walk as well as let you get a better look at what your walking by
Scanning also makes you walk, but it'd be nice to just select a toggle and get immersed, rather than view everything through a zoom or a green filter and muffled audio :c

i would like to see the cops AI better. If you get 4 stars, you can simply escape running 5 streets easily. It would be better if cops chase you with cars and etc.

One thing I noticed when starting a second character is that the saves are not separated to each character. It tells you what type of start the save is based on (Nomad, Street, Corp) but otherwise it is difficult to tell which save is for which character. It would be nice if each character had it's own save list like in Fallout 4

Top Bottom