RTX 3080 FPS issue

+
I have an RTX 3080 and playing in 2K. I can't figure out how to play at decent FPS in certain area like Downtown. In this area, my FPS drops to 35.. I built a computer almost only for this game with the expectation of running it in raytracing, but i disabled this option in the first 10 minutes of the game, too laggy. But even without, my FPS are not high at all.. I dont want to turn my game to medium with a computer of this price.. Does someone have a solution for getting better FPS with good graphism ? I tried multiple things like the Cascade shadow, but my fps did'nt changed at all..

EDIT : Ok I just tried to set my graphism to LOW and it changes NOTHING, low or Ultra seems to have 0 difference in downtown

Last edited:
Hi
I have a suggestion but it might be not to greaty for you. Check how the game is going on 1080p. Check if you got the newewst nvidia drivers.
I`m having 55-65 FPS with RTX3070, 3600, 32 3,2k GB RAM, SSD NVMe
settings ultra, RT ultra, DLSS quality on 1080p
when driving a car I get 45-50FPS
DLSS off => 42-48 FPS
Low => 70-80FPS
You can try to check the usage with MSI afterburner. Strange for me was that on lower specs GPU runned at 40%..

Hope this helps a bit.

Hi, i found the solution, i just set the Crowd density to medium and now i get 60+ FPS constant at ULTRA settings ! I tried a lot of things and this one is the only thing that works, from 45 fps in dowtown to 70 !

My computer :

RTX 3080 MSI Gaming X Trio
Ryzen 7 3800X
32 Go 3600MHz
1TB SSD NvME

HWG

Forum regular
Going to throw it out there, I have a 2080 Ti, and am running on RTX Ultra. I hover around 50-70. Make sure you are using DLSS.

I also have the same issue. No matter what resolution(1080p, 4K), setting I change, it is always between 30-45fps. My CPU utilization stays at 45-50% and GPU utilization is at 40-50%. I also tried this workaround. It didn't change anything.

My computer:

AMD RyzenThreadripper 1950X
EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming
G.Skill TridentZ RGB Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 3000Mhz
Samsung 1TB 960 EVO NVMe SSD

Last edited:
I also have the same issue. No matter what resolution, setting I change, it is always between 30-45fps. My CPU utilization stays at 45-50% and GPU utilization is at 40-50%. I also tried this workaround. It didn't change anything.

My computer:

Exactly the same issue as I have. The game will never run properly if it won't use your GPU fully. Before this is addressed you are running at half your GPU power. Such a shame.

Guys, just change the crowd density to medium in Gameplay tab, it's game changing, that's the only option that affect FPS for me

It's been confirmed there isnt a gpu on earth that can render this game at 60 fps on 4k max settings.
However, I recommend using DLSS

I also have the same issue. No matter what resolution(1080p, 4K), setting I change, it is always between 30-45fps. My CPU utilization stays at 45-50% and GPU utilization is at 40-50%. I also tried this workaround. It didn't change anything.

My computer:

This fixed my problem. Now i get smooth 60fps at 4k

I have 40-60 fps, no matter what resolutions, options, rtx|dlss on anf off, no fps limit, no vsync.
5600x+3070, Asus MB, AI suite installed.
i think guys locate this problem:

Top Bottom