Cyberpunk 2077 PC Crash Issues

+
People on older CPUs should really do the hex fix. I haven't had a single crash since I made that change. I have experienced other bugs, but no crashes.

The fix for 1.04 is exactly the same as for 1.02, just using the newer 1.04 .exe file.

That fix got me going but after doing the update, I get consistent crashing immediately. I noted that the update did change the .exe and I re-entered the hex fix, but the immediate crashing continues.

GUYS I FOUND THE SOLOUTION
I UNINSTALL ALL NEW WINDOWS UPDATES FROM 12.9 TO 12.13
AND IT FIXES
WOW CANT BEILEVE IT

Thank me later guys...

If you are still getting the "Flatline" error and have tried everything i.e. windows updates, all overlays off, MSI off, Nvidia driver clean install and still get no game boot (epic games on my end) then this is what you need. After 24hours of this issue for me.

go to C:\Users\”your username”\AppData\Local|CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077. Delete the files in this folder. Launch Cyberpunk 2077 and the error will be fixed.

Thank me later guys...

If you are still getting the "Flatline" error and have tried everything i.e. windows updates, all overlays off, MSI off, Nvidia driver clean install and still get no game boot (epic games on my end) then this is what you need. After 24hours of this issue for me.

go to C:\Users\”your username”\AppData\Local|CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077. Delete the files in this folder. Launch Cyberpunk 2077 and the error will be fixed.
this one dont work for me either

Same problem here!! When sitting in the chair during the "The Corpo-Rat" quest, the game crashes.

As people mentioned in the first page, the crash is due to the game trying to use AVX instructions in a CPU that doesn't support them.
I have an old i7-930 CPU, 14GB RAM, GTX1070 GPU... I can run the game fine, no reason it needs to force us to have an CPU with AVX support.

Anyways I was able to fix it by using a hex editor and changing that byte value in the executable file, as shown below:

Edit Cyberpunk2077.exe with a hexadecimal editor and search for

554881ECA00000000F2970E8

Change the first byte to C3 (return from the function):

C34881ECA00000000F2970E8

Last edited:
This fix worked for me, thanks @dsmartins123. I used Hexed.it, which I found through @michiganaz.

I found this nod to the 55 hex value in the hacking tutorial.

Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2020.12.12 - 19.03.47.18.png

I had the issue of the game crashing right after the tutorial.
i have an I7-960.
this solution worked for me:

>>>If you happen to have an old CPU you maybe having this crash:

>>>Expression: EXCEPTION_ILLEGAL_INSTRUCTION (0xC000001D)

>>>The game is trying to use a feature you don’t have: AVX.

>>>At the beginning playing corpo when you sit it crashes. A possible temporal solution while they fix this issue is to remove his part of code:

>>>Edit Cyberpunk2077.exe with a hexadecimal editor and search for

>>>554881ECA00000000F2970E8

>>>Change the first byte to C3 (return from the function):

>>>C34881ECA00000000F2970E8

>>>Please note this fix is extremely simplistic and naïve. Moreover, it could crash the game later. This change seems to fix this crash and you can continue playing the game. I have only tested a few minutes more.

>>>FAQ: Why are they using AVX?

>>>They are not doing it on purpose, it is probably the default configuration of the compiler.

this is not my solution, i got it from here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/kaoa3o

I fixed the Problem about the crash with the avxfoxmod.
It worked fine yesterday.
But today I only get a black screen when I start the game with the avx exe.
The rest like sound or mini map works.

How can i deinstall patches from yesterday evening and today?
Without deinstall everythink?
Post automatically merged:

Change the hexadecimal from
554881ECA00000000F2970E8
to
C34881ECA00000000F2970E8

is working for me.
Its not helpfull for the avx exe but for the normal one!

Thank u @gabklein

How can i deinstall patches from yesterday evening and today?
Without deinstall everythink?
Post automatically merged:

Change the hexadecimal from
554881ECA00000000F2970E8
to
C34881ECA00000000F2970E8

is working for me.
Its not helpfull for the avx exe but for the normal one!

Thank u @gabklein
how do i do this? is this for the unknow gpu crash?

i think win 7 compatibility mode or disabeling ms fullscreen optimisation BS actually did something. After that 4+ h uninteruppted play, 🤞 I had one single crash after that but no "whoa! cyberpunk flatlined ..." / Gpu Crash for unknown reasons! / "gpuapidx12error.cpp(40)" anymore, but a regular oldschool windows crash message. After having 26 crashreports with the aformentioned error i takte that.

Am on win10 latest, RTX 2070, amd ryzen 7, b550 latest driver on everything,

this video on YT brought me to it:

how do i do this? is this for the unknow gpu crash?

After two seconds my game crashed.
That's why I used the avxfixmod exe (it worked well yesterday)
Since today I got a black screen with the avx exe (but the game was running)
Now I have changed the hex code (with a hex editor) in the normal exe.
Now it doesn't crash anymore.

Download a Hex Editor.
Drag and Drop the exe in the editor.
And search (press Ctrl+F ) for
55 48 81 EC A0 00 00 00 0F 29 70 E8
Click in front of 55 and type C3 to change it, to:
C3 48 81 EC A0 00 00 00 0F 29 70 E8
(and don't forget to save the change in the editor)

Last edited:
REGARDING: patch0hotfix2\dev\src\common\gpuapi\src\dx12\gpuapidx12error.cpp error
So after trying everything else in this thread multiple times, including but not limited to:
1. Clean install of latest drivers
2. Clean install of latest WIndows
3. Disabling of various WIndows security features
4. Disabling of all overlays I could get my hands on
5. Trying the AVX fix just in case that did anything (I know it's CPU related but hey)
6. Trying to underclock various GPU related things.
7. Etc.

I think the thing that finally did it was flashing my BIOS and updating it to the latest one. This is for: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/MEG-X570-ACE

No crashes at all for hours now... and I was crashing every 5-10 minutes before then.
No other game or application had any issues with the old BIOS, but 0 for whatever reason - this one seemed to.
So maybe try updating your bios by looking at the respective motherboard vendor's website.

Top Bottom