Where's the game we saw in the trailers?

+
I wanted to know where the subways, trains are. In addition, I remember that one of the developers said that each NPC would have a 'life of its own', a daily routine - what we see is the opposite, just NPCs with 'paths', repetitive and without any code or, that rarely exists.

I understand the limitations of processors, but I'm beginning to assume that the game has been 'shattered' - so to speak, due to technical limitations and the rush to launch worldwide. However, I want to point out that the game has huge potential - as well as I dared to say that about another game that had a similar fate (No Man Sky) and today has good reviews.

Pure Speculation:
This game has been in development for years. How many years are you going to dump money into a project that looks like it is never going to get off the ground until you cancel it, or cut funding to a much smaller staff?
Ok, we get a release date. Save the game from being cancelled. Give us some time, aaannnddd, COVID.
Pull a few ideas that they weren't too far into, and just try to polish what they have. Most likely they needed a full unobstructed year to do this, but, no one got that in 2020. Pull a few more ideas to save time.
What we are left with is this which is out, and they will now continue working hard to improve what they can.

I really believe that the CD will make an official statement on the state of the game soon - I hope. I understand how difficult it is to make a game as they dreamed, but I think they are capable. In fact, I think they can still revolutionize if they want to.

I don't think they will.

I hope Badowski and Iwinski and with every other leader will get their asses kicked for mismanaging this project. This is unacceptable.

A pandemic - and a serious one - does not depend on whether it is accepted or not and we talk about a game here. They can do what I wrote above if they wish.
HOW, How did someone look at the Police Ai and thought this was acceptable to ship? WHO THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA?! This is entry level Ai. Every Open world game has complex Ai, did CDPR devs not play other games?

All I'm going to write is guesswork, speculation, but I think they tried to do their best with what they had. We talked about premature development in terms of game AAA - open world. Star Citizen is taking a long time too and they don't have their core finished yet, not even the net base code (what they call iCache and server-mesh). Even though it is a single player, Cyberpunk has a lot of good stuff that can and should be improved.

HOW, How did someone look at the Police Ai and thought this was acceptable to ship? WHO THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA?! This is entry level Ai. Every Open world game has complex Ai, did CDPR devs not play other games?
The knew. They knew this was in no way, shape, or form ready to ship. That's why they wouldn't allow anyone to see, play or review console versions before launch. Very underhanded. But hey, they got their 8-9 million pre-orders and rushed it out in time to get that sweet Christmas money, right?

All I'm going to write is guesswork, speculation, but I think they tried to do their best with what they had. We talked about premature development in terms of game AAA - open world. Star Citizen is taking a long time too and they don't have their core finished yet, not even the net base code (what they call iCache and server-mesh). Even though it is a single player, Cyberpunk has a lot of good stuff that can and should be improved.

Sorry but no. Shipping game with this kind of Ai is not acceptable in any shape or form.

Watch Dogs Legion has better Ai than this. GTA San Andreas has better Ai than this.

Fucking GTA 1 from 1990's has better police Ai than this.

Sorry but no. Shipping game with this kind of Ai is not acceptable in any shape or form.

Watch Dogs Legion has better Ai than this. GTA San Andreas has better Ai than this.

Fucking GTA 1 from 1990's has better police Ai than this.

I agree, but we have a especial condition: Covid. CD do what they need to do. And they ll fix and inprov the game, have the base. Im sad, mad, disapointed too, but, we cant do nothing or, talk about to relax the pressure. Im waiting for this game since 1982 (Blade Runer movie). :)

I agree, but we have a especial condition: Covid. CD do what they need to do. And they ll fix and inprov the game, have the base. Im sad, mad, disapointed too, but, we cant do nothing or, talk about to relax the pressure. Im waiting for this game since 1982 (Blade Runer movie). :)
Not an excuse.

If Asobo Studio can deliver next gen game like Microsoft Flight Simulator that truly pushes boundaries of what's possible in games, and when Ubisoft can publish Valhalla and Watch Dogs Legion during this pandemic, then your argument falls apart.

WDL its a 'copy/paste' game. Nothing less or more - they have the base and a good engine. Ubi Montreal have the best tools at this moment - i know some. MFS its another game, nothing about RPGs in a Open World.

I wanted to know where the subways, trains are. In addition, I remember that one of the developers said that each NPC would have a 'life of its own', a daily routine - what we see is the opposite, just NPCs with 'paths', repetitive and without any code or, that rarely exists.

I understand the limitations of processors, but I'm beginning to assume that the game has been 'shattered' - so to speak, due to technical limitations and the rush to launch worldwide. However, I want to point out that the game has huge potential - as well as I dared to say that about another game that had a similar fate (No Man Sky) and today has good reviews.
I really hope they give some kind of explanation for this because om legit confused and disappointed.

the only thing that really bothers me is that the shops are nearly worthless. the cloths venders havent ever updated their clothing stock since I started the game so im stuck seeing the same stuff all the time. That and not being able to change my controls (PS4 pro) I really, really hate having to double tap O to dodge, its a pretty essential thing that you have to do lots if youre playing a glasscannon cyber-samurai dude and I nearly always get a crouch after dodging that really throws me off and ruins the 9/10 blades experiance.

I can handle crashing, bugs and missing features but lousy controls and pointless features (why use the clothing store if it never rotates stock???) really gets me down :C

Oh! and drugs. Where are all the drugs? I want to be a junkie but its hard to do if the only drugs are medpacks and alcohol.
Let me blast some slow-mo/space meth/cyber-cocain
Im still having a blast but this could of been better.

At the end of that day, all excuses aside, their goodwill is burnt. They've done this to themselves. I'll keep the game but any future purchases will not be pre-ordered and will be highly scrutinized weeks after release before purchase.

The PS4 version is borderline unplayable - and the gameplay and features have been severely overpromised. Simply put, the game is crap. Utter crap. CDPR will understand shortly after the playerbase punishes them a devastating Meta.

At the end of that day, all excuses aside, their goodwill is burnt. They've done this to themselves. I'll keep the game but any future purchases will not be pre-ordered and will be highly scrutinized weeks after release before purchase.

Thats what should be done with every game company. This was my first pre-order in a long time and probably going to be my last for a long time.

geeze, im not trying to stink up the thread with rappid posting but im stuck on a 10 post limit untill I can make my own and really want to know how to install more than 1 mod on a weapon?
Im on PS4 pro and can only put 1 mod on my weapons, what button combo do I have to use to slot mods into diffrent slots?

Hopefully now that the pressure is off to release and they made millions of sales, they dont stop working in the game...I assume with the base of the game as is (and the REDengine), they can really improve the game, and make the game that everyone wanted, and that CDPR sold. It does seem kind of half-baked...it's like they skimped on features because they had to release.

It's not a bad game, it's okay and I'm enjoying myself, but it's nowhere near the deeply immersive, boundary pushing game they sold, like not close. Imo, if this game had more of an AC style combat and environment traversal mechanics, it would be tons better just from that aspect....imagine if this game had a 3rd person view option and combat/world traveral like AC Origin/Odyssey/Valhalla, but in the Cyberpunk world, and kept all of it's RPG/story elements?! (3rd person view, leaping off a side of a building into a group of badies with mantis blades a choppin, and dodging, and swapping to a pistol and mowing em down?! Yes plz) My gawd, that alone would make it better leaps and bounds.

I'm def gonna finish my first play through, but I prob wont come back for another play through for at least a few months to see how much they changed and improved...hopefully it's a significant amount.

Last edited:
Top Bottom