Is there a way to stop police from shooting me on sight?

+
I think I have a bounty on my character because when I first started the game, I haven't gotten used to the floaty cars and ran over a few pedestrians on accident. Now whenever I'm near officers, they immediate aggro on me and/or start sending in flying drones and Terminators. I don't supposed there is a "pay bail" system like that in Skyrim that I'm not aware of, is there?

If you kill civilians, you will be issued a warrant. And then drones/police will start coming after you. Kill them, and the threat gets even higher. If you manage to survive tho, it dies down rather quickly and they will stop spawning. This is just my experience tho.

Did you hide your weapons?
No I did not. I never hide my weapons unless I enter a Safe Area, where your weapons are automatically hiden until you leave the Safe Area. I walk/drive by cops all the time. Unprovoked, they shouldn't cause any issues.

Yeah i know, i was just kidding, i know it's frustrating. the wanted system in this game is just wack and stupid.
Things spawn on your head, nothing chases or looks for you. Just see you accidently bump a civilian and open fire...

Anyone know if you can ever clear up the bounty situation? Any time I'm around cops the thing over their heads goes yellow. I guess now I can't do the quest at Vs apartment building.

Anyone know if you can ever clear up the bounty situation? Any time I'm around cops the thing over their heads goes yellow. I guess now I can't do the quest at Vs apartment building.
Cops attack on sight and spawn in on you if you have wanted stars but you can run from them till you lose the stars, if you don't have wanted stars they still get agitated if you get close to them and the yellow bar starts going up, doesn't happen with the 2 in the apartment building though as their part of the quest.

I had that happen once, I think I lucked out by just by running away from the scene of crime, killing some group of cops in another area and then the thing went away.

I think I have a bounty on my character because when I first started the game, I haven't gotten used to the floaty cars and ran over a few pedestrians on accident. Now whenever I'm near officers, they immediate aggro on me and/or start sending in flying drones and Terminators. I don't supposed there is a "pay bail" system like that in Skyrim that I'm not aware of, is there?
I actually googled this because I had the problem where I accidently tagged a civvie in a firefight, got a warrant issued for my arrest and BAM!!! within 5 seconds, 6 police spawned in right next to me...I died, So I went searching online, there's some ways you can get rid of a warrant. https://www.gamepur.com/guides/easiest-ways-to-lose-police-wanted-levels-in-cyberpunk-2077

It's not ideal to have to run away and wait for the warrant to despawn, I was kinda hoping there would be an option "pay" your way out of it, like go to a computer,log onto the police site and pay, or if you keep your weapons holstered the police actually arrest you, you have a mini fade to black scene as you get thrown into the back of a police car and "wake up" a few days later and a few eddies lighter....

Last edited:
Cops attack on sight and spawn in on you if you have wanted stars but you can run from them till you lose the stars, if you don't have wanted stars they still get agitated if you get close to them and the yellow bar starts going up, doesn't happen with the 2 in the apartment building though as their part of the quest.

From what I understood, the police in CP2077 don't really chase you, unlike GTA?

From what I understood, the police in CP2077 don't really chase you, unlike GTA?
if they're on foot, the do a pathetic search pattern, which is easily evaded if you straight up run or use hacking to distract, but I had hoped it'd be a bit like need for speed most wanted...
Post automatically merged:

hell..given the corruption that gets mentioned in Night City, there's gotta be more than one crooked cop that would take a bribe to make your warrant go away...

hell..given the corruption that gets mentioned in Night City, there's gotta be more than one crooked cop that would take a bribe to make your warrant go away...

Well yes, its one thing for corruption to be present in storytelling, and completely another to be present in actual gameplay.

There is a side gig which involves dealing with an honest cop who is causing issues. The ones who hire V for the job are actually her fellow officers.

CP2077 would greatly benefit from a way to bribe the officer in charge so the bounty would go away..

Well yes, its one thing for corruption to be present in storytelling, and completely another to be present in actual gameplay.

There is a side gig which involves dealing with an honest cop who is causing issues. The ones who hire V for the job are actually her fellow officers.

CP2077 would greatly benefit from a way to bribe the officer in charge so the bounty would go away..
Fixers should totally do that (pay off cops) for the $.

Fixers should totally do that (pay off cops) for the $.

Like, bounty could rise much slower, but stay on you. Forcing you to avoid cops... until you either bribe your way out or maybe hack police databases to remove your bounty? That would be more immersive than already dumb NPCs forgetting your existence in a minute or two.

Im reminded of how AC Odyssey does that. There is a person offering the bounty, and if you take them out, the bounty goes away. Bounties are also region-specific.

Like, bounty could rise much slower, but stay on you. Forcing you to avoid cops... until you either bribe your way out or maybe hack police databases to remove your bounty?
yea, there's so many options to "finesse" the warrant/crime system, ESO handle crime/punishment very well, the option to (role)play a criminal in CP2077 is non-existent, such a wasted opportunity.

Like, bounty could rise much slower, but stay on you. Forcing you to avoid cops... until you either bribe your way out or maybe hack police databases to remove your bounty? That would be more immersive than already dumb NPCs forgetting your existence in a minute or two.

Im reminded of how AC Odyssey does that. There is a person offering the bounty, and if you take them out, the bounty goes away. Bounties are also region-specific.
like hack police computer on patrol car for instance

I got the same issue. When I approch any police they say "put that away" or "you make my day" (I've tried with all weapons unequipped - doesn't help) and then I get a warrent star and they kill me.

I never killed any civilian on purpose but must have by accident. Now how do I get rid of the police aggression? It's annoying and kills my gameplay. When I help the Police (crime in progress etc.) and even when I'm on mission with River, the police start shooting me.

Please advise.

Cheers Euclid

There is no bounty system in this game. Whenever gang members, guards or cops hang gout in any area, that area is considered "semi-restricted" or whatever, so when you come close, you slowly start filling their aggro meter just by standing there. There's no concept of arrest or anything, just shoot on sight.

AI in general is very bad in this game, especially when it comes to driving. I don't even think that AIs drive in this game. I think all those civilian cars are on rails. That would explain how they're not bound by collision detection (yet cars themselves get damaged by collision) and why cops never drive their own cars, or chase you in cars. I think AI driving only gets activated if a player knocks a car off rails and then AI slowly takes over just to return to its rails, then it shuts down.
I mean you can stop entire traffic just by parking in front of a car (rails). They will not do anything about it. In GTA they'd beep at you, curse you and eventually drive around you.

Shoot back :D
This is actually a valid point, believe it or not. If you get high enough stats to survive those elite cops, you will notice that there is a finite amount of cops that "chase you". If you beat them all, they will stop spawning and your stars will disappear lol. There really is no bounty or criminal record whatsoever.

Last edited:
Top Bottom