Cyberpunk 2077 User Reviews & Impressions

+
TLDR: I liked the game till I realised how staged the world really is.
I own the game on GOG and I do not plan to refund it.

All the controversial technical aspects aside, the design of the game is very basic. Id give this game in this state a 5 or 6/10. Reason?

- the world is just a stage rather then a real city - interaction with the world is very limited which is a big surprise for me as this is CD Projekt. Even Ubisoft made in Valhalla a livier and realistic world than these guys. Yes, Ubisoft! Ubisoft's approach to an open world gameplay has evolved a lot since Origin, CD Projekt's one has devolved since The Witcher 3.

- this is not a revolution, nor even an evolution, the map and quest design (not the quests' content but the way you get the quests) is archaic - no interaction with the world - you have to interact with your map and look at the markers - there is no intuition required for the player, he does not have to know how to read the map, he does not have to ask the locals for a right direction, he actually is not allowed to ask a questgiver any details about the sidequests, everything he has to do is to look at the map and look for the marker where he is supposed to go, otherwise he would not find it out even in a milion light years.... the quest system is so archaic and boring

- at first sight everything looks amazing, you think you have so many possibilities to play...but that's just an illusion .....Do you "help" the NCDP to solve crime? There is no real impact. You cannot join the NCDP, they do not care about you, they even shoot at you when you shoot criminals ....I was trying to wipe out a organized crime place and the cops started to shoot at me instead of them ....Do you see a crime scene? Forget to ask the cops about the case. They wont tell you anything, you wont find any quest there to solve those crimes and all you get is their fire at you because you got too close to them...wtf? I was just interesting what happened, no need to shoot at me at sight...at least this had been happening during my 20 hours playthrough after which I definitely stopped playing the game ....is it going to change in the later stages of the game? tell me if I am wrong and I do really hope I am

- the game lacks of any kind of dialogues archive or history where would be noted all experienced dialogues, I am not a native english speaker so I do not understand many words, especially slang, and it would be nice that I would review dialogues and translate them to understand the plot properly

- the quest screen is vague, there is basically just said "Go to XXX", nothing more, no real context ...I cannot ask a questgiver to repeat it so I could recall it ...I cannot call him/her back to ask him for details, nothing

- Is there any real purpose to have your own flat? We had it Human Revolution and it was empty but it was nice to watch the news. It's been 10 years since that game and this aspect has not evolved. Why do we have a computer allowing to read emails when we receive no email? Why do we have the TV when there are just some ADs shown on the screen? Why can I sit in my own flat but I cannot sit anywhere in the world? Yeah, not important details, but these details are a tool separating average games and exceptional ones. Attention to detail is needed, just look at RDR 2.

- Is there any kind of gang reputation? Two years ago I was reading an interview in which some guy from CD Project said that tho we would not be able to join any gang, there will be some decisions causing some gangs attacking you and on the other hand some let's say respecting you. So far I have been attacked by all groups I have encountered.

BUUUT

I love the design of the city, I love that you can craft your items, I love that every RPG skill matters (at least on the highest difficulty), I love the story quests, I love that you receive SMSs (and you can answer them sometimes!), I love the characters, I love the MUSIC (I was so surprised when I heard death metal and black metal from my radio), I love browsing the Internet (tho it's too limited), I love that I can stock my things into the back of my vehicle, I love the effort put to this game but ....all written above I just exppected to be much better, much next-gen.

There is a big potential to have an exceptional masterpiece called Cyberpunk 2077 but IMHO except technical problems resolving patches, the developers should also re-make some gameplay and design elements. At least this is my opinion.

I will not ask for a refund. I love CD Project and I want this game to be successful. So know that I wrote these sentences not to bash the game but to improve it as much as possible.

As a game designer, there are definitely design issues here. I've been a big fan of the Witcher series (though that also has a few issues believe it or not), but this game has some glaring narrative design problems (not going to talk at all about technical bugs here). The design issues mostly come down to the order in which some things are done. This is a notorious problem in Open World designs, which is why most sidequests are normally gated and segmented (they only unlock once you have met a number of preset conditions). This game spams them all (seemingly based on street cred scores). This means you can get quests generated at any point in the narrative (which is why in some quests Johnny is already friendly and others he's just coming around from not killing you. His development arc is all over the place, which breaks the narrative since he is so pivotal. The vast swarm of sidequests generating means you cannot focus on a plot as you're constantly being spammed by questgivers (I wish I could turn off my phone ... just like real life). Quest log is so crowded now, and more are coming in, that I've been forced to ignore all sidequests in order to keep a bit of narrative focus. Having so much content has made the game a bit unwieldy - and honestly prevented the developers from having enough polish time for the game. It would've been better to have made a smaller, more streamlined game with strong, focused narrative and enough side content to keep the city interesting and encourage exploration, and then add chunky new side content in DLC content packs going ahead. I also find the narrative and dialogue is very on-rails: you don't really have much choice (few either-or dialogue branches). NPCs react pretty much the same to you no matter what you say, and there isn't much meaningful dialogue variety. This is an expensive thing to implement (because of voice line recordings) but a roleplaying game with minimal dialogue agency is not very great. To test this, play through a dialogue twice and choose radically different options and see if the game changes much. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to. For this to work, key NPCs need to have 'attitude values' scripted in, which adjust based on player choices, and spawn or block off dialogue branches. I don't see this happening yet - or if it is, there is so much content, these subtleties are getting lost. All this said, I do love the individual content developed (there are some great designers and level builders who worked on this), but the whole scope is undermining the quality of these individual contributions. A more focused, purposeful design would've made this game way better. It is going to take quite some doing to smooth out the wrinkles and it will always be limited as a roleplaying game.

I finished it now. No, don't worry, no spoilers. For further context, I play on PC.
Sorry, no list or TL;DR this time, got to read through old fashioned text. I know, so retro. Maybe even a dev will read some aspects, not that I mention anything new.

Still want to say, despite possible flaws: Thanks for making the game and dedicating your time. Might be a mere job for some, but I see digital art in many aspects.

My review - where does the game shine?

After having been through a wild ride with story ups and downs and having seen the game start to finish (on one of the possible routes, that is), I must say:

I'm positively blown away. By what? By the story and how some things are set up. Yes, along the route I picked I wished things would've turned out differently at times including post-world play, but alas I'm not sure if the developer is "known" for this; it's my first CDPR product. Either way, when I was done with the main plot I stood up and was like: "Woah. Wow. What a ride." Very memorable.

Let's ignore the technical and fixable hiccups. Definitely workable and good main story with emotional ups and downs. Yes, some things along the way could've always been different. The body count is rather notable. But both the main story an many minor quests get you thinking. About the world, the state it is in, what people do. And ultimately, that gets you thinking a bit of reality or at the very least, possible outcomes of reality - where are we heading, do we want some of the things that happen in the game? Are we okay with things that are already real?

Expected a mere entertainment product? Sorry folks, CP2077 will hit you right in the face and get you thinking and pondering, if you roll with the punches, that is! I feel they did the nature or core roots of Cyberpunk proud there, thanks to Mike Pondsmith. In addition, many memorable moments were had for me with bigger and smaller (as in, impactful) characters throughout the journey. Some, I began to like. The way they set up things in the quests and encounters is often believable or lively, rather than static and bland. You can sense the live or emotions and further more, you can sense the effort quest designers went through even if you can of course always tweak some things or make it differently.

Thank you, quest designers and other developers for many memorable moments that just stick with you!

In hindsight and having been through the first ride, I cannot complain about the setting and how many things are shown, indeed.

Where could things have been better and how could it improve for the future?

Now, I'm no developer nor expert. Basically, I can only comment on this from the perspective of a mere consumer. A recipient of the product, as many of us. Why do I mention it?

It's important to realize that those without experience or knowledge can often not always see through all the details and how massive this process can be of developing such a game. Including what can impact development negatively. Long story short, I don't expect miracles and not always is it easy due to unforeseen events or maybe bad decisions or prioritization along the way. Thus, let's get to it.

I mentioned how lively many scenes are in positive fashion. However, I feel that lots of effort went into them but not as remotely as much into the world. I can praise how many quests are made and set up, but it drags you out of this positive mood or immersion as in-between those, you simply have to move around in the world where you notice that things there aren't on the same level. They often can't be, of course, but it could be notably better. And this is attainable, I think, with some more work.

That means that investing into the world now should be considered or priority. Allow more world interactions and side activities, like playing some mini-game, just be able to sit somewhere or eat somewhere. Improve AI (incl. vehicles) in general and some graphical issues down the line (pop-ins).

Furthermore, consider modding support (if the engine is able to handle it) down the line, it would severely please the general community as it can begin changing parts of the game to their own accord. It might be a pain in the ass and cost some time and resources, but it'll boost up the game heavily and ironically it would even fit the theme of the setting:

Modding one's body? Mod one's software. Customization is the key.

In addition, I would consider a new approach for future major DLCs with new sub-plots and / or the follow-up Cyberpunk game we might see in many years. It's the possible approach. The general game design. Given how this game can end, it's not set in stone how the next one might continue (at least I don't know). Will we basically get the same protagonist or someone else?

In the Witcher series, it's clear. Here? Not so much in my book.

Long story short, if we get a new protagonist, we can even more easily try a new design approach. What do I mean? Even before release it was clear who your character is. It's relatively pre-defined. You are a merc of sorts trying to rise up the "Major leagues" and along the way, it's about saving yourself, not the world (they really went through with that in that sense!).

But you cannot for the love of god settle down somewhere. I mean joinable factions. This is a conscious design choice but it doesn't have to be that way and I feel you can still deliver a great main plot and story despite giving the player more freedoms like that. On the contrary, you might have to do more branching out work but it'll severely please many players and underline just what people want these days and what is often praised in marketing:

Customization

It might never have been clearly implied but many years ago, this is the vibe many people got when people still assumed there's be "classes" (pickable, that is) in the game, instead of them being portrayed in characters instead (like Media, Corpos, Cops, Rockerboys, etc). Imagine you are someone in Night City who can dictate their own path more instead of being set out on a main path.

Throughout the game, characters you work with mention your skill. An NCPD detective I work in parts of the game - like his partner - commends my approach saying I'm like a natural. At this point I mentally threw my hands in the air and thought: Let me join! This is just one example. Not like NCPD or any decent corp, gang or nomad clan would say no to an experienced person, so it's not like you are barred from this in the world per sé; it's simply a design choice.

Joinable factions that don't necessarily need huge major campaigns on their own but tie in naturally to a main plot regardless and perhaps have their own twists and related endings. This is how life paths (whether ones you pick at the start or one's you can pick throughout the game) can truly shine beyond dialogues, because that's what life paths are mostly in this game: dialogue and your own personal make-believe in your head. While they can of course offer you unique moments in the game and influence the game at times, I felt that there could've been more impact and more fleshing out of those.

Oh, and speaking about fleshing things out and customization: There should be further character customization as well. More options, more clothing/gear to find.

R E C A P

Let's keep it short this time.

Great game with soul in many of the quests and the city and its surrounding areas are great, but the world could be more alive and fleshed out in parts. Many memorable moments, but given other hiccups I would suggest considering the future support for solid modding to give the community the tools (literally) to customize the game further. We can see how good modding can turn out with many known and popular games.

For future DLC or following cyberpunk games, I'd consider trying a different approach: Joinable factions and more branching out. Not like the Witcher was known for it (as far as I know, Geralt is like V - doing their own thing) but this is a new IP. You can try anything. Anything new, too.

Joinable factions with more branching out don't have to be dull, it can be quite interesting. Just more flowcharts and branching out. But if done right, it can hugely give people satisfaction as they can pick their own route and path in this dystopian setting, because right now you see many opportunities you simply cannot pick, but many organizations would hire you in a heart beat. The price of this? You have to work of course and implement this. But I feel it'll be worth it.

Thanks to anyone reading this feedback.

Last edited:
Not sure where I should post this so ...

To the developers. You've done great. Thanks. There's a lot of awesome in this game.

A few thoughts.

Yeah, sure there's work to do to tidy things up in a number of elements of the game ... companies have to make business decisions, some gamers haven't been able play a great version of the game yet on their particular hardware, and this "decade year of covidocalypse" has also been a major factor, lets not forget, but there's a lot of awesome in this game. I'd say considering the realities of covidocalypse, as a team you've achieved something that's extremely difficult and probably actually delivered more than could reasonably be expected this year anyway.

The world, the game does have elements that seem genuinely on the same level as some of the best cyberpunk stuff previously created, such as the Ghost in the Shell franchise (e.g. 1995 movie, SAC 2nd Gig), like Akira, etc. and it does feel genuinely awesome to sort of exist in and explore the world you have created.

There is scope for improvement, but there always is in anything, and that gives opportunities for the future. Yeah there are bugs, etc, but for me most of them have been fun or hilarious. Something completely unexpected will happen, and it's straight up hysterical, kind of gives me shades of the movie "In Bruges" (2008).
  • I called a car and I'm looking around for it, and it suddenly drops out of the sky on it's side ... on fire, with pedestrians scared, and I tried to get in it and it blew up. That was hilarious.
  • I'll park my motorcycle somewhere and in the next few minutes the npc I'm driving with just straight up runs my motorcycle over, it bursts into flames and explodes.
  • I "borrowed" a car before arriving at one quest and after the cutscene both my borrowed car and the default first car are literally stacked on top of each other ready for me to drive off. Unfortunately the top car wouldn't stay on the top when I drove off with the car underneath, which would have been a nice minigame, I mean c'mon, if you can't drive a car around without balancing another car on top of it ... what are you doing with your life?
As we know, these days it's hard to get an objective understanding of feedback, because upset people are sometimes more likely to post things on the internet.

So from someone from the silent masses that are actually getting a lot out of this game, thanks for all your hard work. Yes, there is work to do, but there is greatness in this game, and it's bringing a hell of a lot of enjoyment. Everyone's experience is going to be different, and perhaps I'm lucky to be on PC, (at 1440p and with the right settings numerous parts of the world look utterly gorgeous). Yes I'm just one person and this is subjective, but I'd rather be playing the game in this state than still be waiting for it. I mean ... glitches are literally cyberpunk anyway.

1.) Story - Storytelling is excellent as I expected. Im not too happy that you have to go through the heist mission before getting access to the city at large, though. I feel like there is no "normal state" anywhere. You are already screwed by the main story when you get access to the city. This is a design choice I don't agree with. I'm for the open world. See my take on main story here (no spoilers)8/10

2.) The setting and level design - magnificent 10/10

3.) The dialogue system is good. - Nothing I haven't seen before so far. The extra dialog options come up randomly, and which stat gives what type of dialog doesn't seem to have much logic behind it. Can't predict what kind of skill gives what kind of dialog. Don't really like the icons which represent which skill, as some of them are too abstract to figure out what they mean. Why does a yin/yang symbol symbolise cool for example? Why does a weird circle represent reflexes? 8/10

4.) The music is - good. It wasn't as intrusive as I feared, Its got some good tunes, and I ultimately like the stylistic choices. The game soundtrack is great. I give minus because I can't adjust TV or radio sound volume in relation to the rest of the game, and they are really quiet at times. Even when Im sitting in a car and listening to the radio. Id prefer if I could adjust the volume without other sound effects blowing my eardrums out. The nightclubs also have VERY quiet music. I'd like some of those amped up or let me adjust the volume in settings. Sound-wise Totentanz feels like a school party with its quiet music which isn't even the right channel (it should definitely be Ritual FM and its metal). Very disappointed in that. 8/10

5.) Graphics and performance on PC - kind of all over the place. It took me three days to find settings that I enjoy playing with, as the default settings were terrible, and I didn't really realize that most of my woes were caused by DLSS which turned certain things to a pixellated mess. DLSS btw, has no alternative. It is apparently the only anti-aliasing option? You should definitely add some more classic options just so people could have something to fall back to. The issue isn't performance, the issue is that it looks like shit. But the city is huge and demanding of hardware. I have crashed twice and had to restart due to bugs few times in 40 hours. RTS causes huge frame drops for me when driving and in certain cinematics, but my PC isn't great even if it has 3070. I also don't really think that things even look that good with RTS on...
7/10

6.) Gameplay mechanics - The different kinds of combat and style of play seem supported enough, and theres lots of variety. Its kind of non-sophisticated but everything seems to be pretty balanced. Dodging has issues, in for example the fistfight sidequests dodges are useless cause the enemies just automatically track with their strikes. Also Kerenzikov is kinda useless with melee cause the "always sideways" dodge takes you out of melee range.
EDIT: Im still not quite sure how hacking minigame actually works and what I can or can't do in it... I thought I understood it, until I get "fails".
But I give high marks because everything more or less works and theres huge amount of ways to build your character.
9/10

7.) The character progression systems - Jury is out on this one. I can obviously only test so much during one playthrough.

8.) UI, crafting & inventory - UI design is just flat out poor. Its far worse than W3, which wasn't great. Cant set "use" button, the most important button in the buttonbinds, apparently cant set controller buttonbinds at all, in menus I have to click buttons when I shouldnt need to (could choose by simply releasing a button), different menus use different keys for same things (such as sidescrolling), cant use mousewheel for scrolling - have to click buttons. The list is endless. UI is a mess, and feels like something thrown together by different people at different points in time.
Crafting - Im very disappointed in the extreme "looter shooter" aspect of the game. I have to ferry kilotons of used guns and stuff to the drop point all the time to get kilotons of money. This seems to be the basis of the games economy and I can't say I like it. But at least its repeatable unlike mission rewards, so I guess its a necessary evil. Inventory is not great, not terrible. The UI is just so terrible I give this 4/10

9.) Driving on mouse/keyboard is just as bad as I expected. At least it works, but obviously improvements can be made. There are things the devs could learn from other games. Left and right should function so that first the movement is small, and if you keep holding the button the turning rate increases. Apparently this is how GTA does it, so you can use small taps to make small adjustments when driving a mostly straight road, but can turn sharply when there is a sharp turn. The vehicles drift too easily when turning. I feel like its impossible to make a 90-degree turn without skidding to a halt on most vehicles. 6/10

10.) no walking - 0/10

total: 6,7/9
75%

Last edited:
Haven't finished the story yet, but reading about your experience with the post-main quest line, it's exactly how i've felt when i did the same in The Witcher 3, pre Blood and Wine. Difference is, in that game, i think after the main story, most of the established NPC's were also gone, so it felt that much more emptier. Regardless, it's something that happens whenever we finish anything truly touching, like a good book or tv series. It's a testament to it's greatness.. that ability to linger on in our thoughts to such a degree.

Yes, but still, that doesn't change the issue - The post-campaign is just... Heavily empty. Still, there's some secondary quests, but... Meh.
At least an little interaction with your romance characters or friends could be cool, like, hanging out, kissing the one you loved, or, well, shit like that - Even games like SRIV or GTAV did that.
IMO, CDPR still has a bunch of work to make their game really "next-gen" or as good as they expected it to be - I was close from an negative review just because of that post-campaign, it's just like
I didn't have enough.
Cyberpunk 2077 is just like a muffin : You eat it, then you're fucking thirsty. And there's nothing you can drink.

And, to be honest, i really found that the Panam Campaign needs some additionnal content, or to be longer. I really fucking wanted to see Alaska, and have more time with the Nomads - I fucking loved the Aldecaldos, and it broke my heart that, well, once you're done with their quests, they're just an empty shell. One quest line, then, no little missions, no daily thingys, nothing like this - Basically all empty shells, you can talk to everyone, yet, no other options of dialog sometimes, no way to hang out, you just have three lines, or one depending on the characters. The only one that was different was the flat "Hi, V" from Panam. Oh, it wasn't even a choice in the dialog. Just sad, left me more empty than when i finished this campaign. It's just as if the world stopped living.

I dont read much, spoiler, BUT, im doing all the secundary quest first to dont finish the game before 2021 :3

Yeah, sorry about that, i tried to spoil as less as i could, i don't even see where i spoiled, but... Sorry about that ^^', anyways, have fun in Night City !

Friend, can you tell me ... when did you feel the city was alive? I think I play with open world.

That the moderators only antendais the posts that praise the game. I find it VERY CONCERNING, if you think that the game's only problem is bugs ... you have a VERY SERIOUS problem. I have nothing to say about the adventure, I think it's great. But the rest of the game is a real disaster. The open world is the worst seen in years. You have some very worrying failures of ideas and mechanics. Right now the game is an Uncharted, Last of us or Tomb Raider, with a hollow city without life or anything to do, which only serves to turn from one mission to another. You must redo a lot of things. IT'S TIME TO LISTEN TO THE COMMUNITY !!! STOP KISSING YOUR CHEEKS !!! YOUR SHARES HAVE FALLEN 41% IN THREE DAYS !! Are you aware of what that means? I don't think it's time to pat on the back.

I mean, the game IS alive in my opinion - You can just roam in the city, and, well, see shit appening, people taking care of each other sometimes, some gunfights, things like this, some little dialogs, won't spoil some little missions that you can find by just moving around in the map - But basically, the game is alive. The only issue about this "Living" part is just when you run someone over, basically, the police magically appears
(And no, drones coulda been included in the lore, but the teleporting cops aren't included in the aerial space of NC if they don't use a drop ship)
or sometimes things just disappear magically.

On your topic of the ending I can agree, hopefully they make one canon and continue the story and let you play on afterwards.. cyberpunk isn't the kind of game where you just reload the last save before the final set.. especially with certain endings that leave you on big cliffhangers... IT's honestly annoying, I hated it with the witcher 3 and I hate it here.. too bad CD Project Red will never say anything on it.. but man.. the ending honestly ruined what was a great game.. at least to me

Same for me - The ending left me empty, and kinda ruined the game. Too short, and too open for me - I was close from putting a bad review just because of this - Anyways, for me, they shouldn't make one ending canon, but make DLC's (and not little ones) to give more content to each ending that you can do - There's not that much.

What bothers me is the lack of simulation and interaction in the world not the bugs really.

Same here - Most of the bugs are minor, but, as i said - Empty shells. Fucking empty shells scattered around in the map, once you've done some quests. The characters you loved - Say bye to them, they're just dolls now. They could at least add one option to act with them, like a kiss, hang out in a bar, go for a ride, talk for a bit, things like this, or, maybe, make some content later - Who knows, i really hope they'll do something about that lack of content.

As a game designer, there are definitely design issues here. I've been a big fan of the Witcher series (though that also has a few issues believe it or not), but this game has some glaring narrative design problems (not going to talk at all about technical bugs here). The design issues mostly come down to the order in which some things are done. This is a notorious problem in Open World designs, which is why most sidequests are normally gated and segmented (they only unlock once you have met a number of preset conditions). This game spams them all (seemingly based on street cred scores). This means you can get quests generated at any point in the narrative (which is why in some quests Johnny is already friendly and others he's just coming around from not killing you. His development arc is all over the place, which breaks the narrative since he is so pivotal. The vast swarm of sidequests generating means you cannot focus on a plot as you're constantly being spammed by questgivers (I wish I could turn off my phone ... just like real life). Quest log is so crowded now, and more are coming in, that I've been forced to ignore all sidequests in order to keep a bit of narrative focus. Having so much content has made the game a bit unwieldy - and honestly prevented the developers from having enough polish time for the game. It would've been better to have made a smaller, more streamlined game with strong, focused narrative and enough side content to keep the city interesting and encourage exploration, and then add chunky new side content in DLC content packs going ahead. I also find the narrative and dialogue is very on-rails: you don't really have much choice (few either-or dialogue branches). NPCs react pretty much the same to you no matter what you say, and there isn't much meaningful dialogue variety. This is an expensive thing to implement (because of voice line recordings) but a roleplaying game with minimal dialogue agency is not very great. To test this, play through a dialogue twice and choose radically different options and see if the game changes much. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to. For this to work, key NPCs need to have 'attitude values' scripted in, which adjust based on player choices, and spawn or block off dialogue branches. I don't see this happening yet - or if it is, there is so much content, these subtleties are getting lost. All this said, I do love the individual content developed (there are some great designers and level builders who worked on this), but the whole scope is undermining the quality of these individual contributions. A more focused, purposeful design would've made this game way better. It is going to take quite some doing to smooth out the wrinkles and it will always be limited as a roleplaying game.

Can agree with you, ESPECIALLY FOR THE FUCKING PHONE (stfu delamain), but yeah, forced to drop some side quests cuz spammed, i mean, i agree generally, just don't agree on one thing - Your background and what you do can change all the things that happens. It won't change the whole story, but they'll isolately change the ongoing on the specific mission you're in. Even, depending on how you react with the 1st boss, it will change something later - Won't tell what, to avoid spoils. Or yeah, i'll put it in a spoiler just below
Indeed, if you kill Royce, the first boss, when you go later on a mission, a side quest, they'll remember the guy from All Foods that offed Royce, and you'll get in some trouble. And, tho, you can either fight Militech or the Maelstorms on the first mission, i know a friend did the mission drastically differently than me, because of his choices.

Basically, i agree with most of the people i Quoted here, except for one or two - But like, as i tried to say in my previous message, i just really hope that CDPR won't leave the game in that state, and at least make it really "next-gen" or do something great with it - Right now, i only see one solo game that ends once the campaign is done - And it's nothing really new. I really hecc'in hope they'll add some content through time, even if it's daily quests, dlc's every year - But this adventure shouldn't stop. All of this story is about getting the chip outta our hecc'in head, to get our life back - Our freedom back.

It's nice to have it back, but... It's better to have something to do with it. Like, really, it's what it misses. It's a fight for your freedom, but you can't have it. All you did is just in vain. And it's heavily disappointing. About the story, indeed. I mean, can't blame them for the story if it's how they intended it - But at least, if we're stuck in the "before ending", let us interact with the world, and keep doing things in it. I really don't want to forget the Aldecaldos, or other characters, like Claire as an example - And it just disappointed me that we can't interact with characters, or even just go in a bar, sit, and ask for a specific drink, and drink it without going in the menu, buying it, and then drinking it without any hecc'in animation.
LET ME DRINK A FUCKING JACKIE WELLES !
Post automatically merged:

Moved to Cyberpunk forum, edited title to add spoiler warning (was so long that had to remove some of original title).

Oh, and, thanks ! x)

No walking toggle = 0/10.

When they add it's a 9/10 so far. Though I see potential for 10/10. But if we take all the bugs into consideration it's more like a 7-8/10 probably.
A workaround is to disable extra-camera movements (I did it because it would make me sick) .Now it's very smooth like walking (just faster as if you have huge legs).

My little feedback. Hope it gets noticed. Sorry for my bad england.

Bad stuff first.

1) Lack of optimization. Well, it's not a news. My PC that can run Witcher 3 (best game i ever played) with ultra settings on 60fps can't run Cyberpunk even on stable 30fps with lowest settings (especially in Night City center). That's sad.

2) Driving. Cars feels too heavy and reacts too slow on commands.

3) Map and minimap. Minimap is too close, i think you know that already. And the main map is just... Well, i'm get it with 3D maps, it's cool (nope, a stylized 2D map would do MUCH better) and all, but main map is TOO RED. My eyes feels so much pain every time i use it. Just make it gray or something.

4) Quests, side activities. Witcher 3 has a simple system. We have main quests, we have side quests and we have points of interest on the map. It's vervy simple and very cool. Well, why it just can't be the same in the Cyberpunk? I feill completely overvelmed with icons of all sorts on the map. And they are keep poping again and again. And with main map being so unreadeble... I just don't wanna do any side content because of that. And i like side content in games (beat all Skellige points of interest like... Three times?) Just make it more understandable and clear.
4.1) Fixers calls constantly. Really confusing.
4.2) "Buy a car" quests. I don't wanna see them in my journal. Really.

5) Loot. I don't understand what i'm picking up from the ground. I don't know how you achieved that, but this is most unclear and clunky loot system that i've ever seen. Witcher 3 do this just SO MUCH better.

6) Love, sex and Cyberpunk. For the game about decadence future with Milfguard porn-popup on the TV, this game has... Pretty vanilla sex scenes and options. Please, don't get me for some pervert (well, who am I kidding), but Cyberpunk has really lack of that content. Only two prostitutes? Really? We even don't have dommy mommy Meredith for full and proper romance, just one sex scene. You are breaking my heart, CDPR. Meredith-hotfix/DLC would be much appreciated.

Well, good things.

Everything else, actually. Story, atmosphere, dialogs, city, characters... It's masterpiece. This is truly nextgen game.

I'm really hope that my england was not so bad and this little feedback won't just lost in this wast forum. Maybe even some of things i wrote here would be used for statistic of some sort. Sweet dreams.

The game is good! And will be even better with the patches and DLCs.
I think it heavily depends on what your expectations were and what kind of player you are. For me, I agree. The game is good in my opinion, despide the myriad of little bugs and short-commings. But I haven't expected too much in terms of the open world or mechanics. Sadly, this is were marketing DID screw up, because they hyped up the game beyond believe - people start filling in the blanks and imagine a game which they just will not get. Is it THE game of the century? No. Does ist reivent the open world genre? No. Does it everything just right? No. Is it a good game?..... I think yes. And everyone has their own sight on things (and that's a good thing).

I find it excellent (PC). Not many bugs, except the Z (W) key to change objectives that can't be modified. And as Im using an AZERTY keyboard, it constantly changes my objectives when I run forward.

Missing a lot of things. Esp. no real freedom for cars and car customization is quite the bummer on the open world part. so far it just feels like a linear story game. man, i wish you could customize things more (aka cars and weapons). and most of the attachments dont look like their ingame counterpart, which is another bummer. much potential, so far i would say 7-8/10. some things feels stupid (some story decisions). a lot of things feel shallow or forced. it still is glitchy af (unlootable stuff, undying enemies) and the missing customization/open world roaming is quite painfully as well.

I just wanted to say Thank you for making an amazing game. The characters are phenomenal with Terrific writing. The details really make this game. I am playing on xbox one x and have had very little issue. I can not wait to see what else you guys make because this gane is hard to put down. I played witcher 3 twice but i can see myself playing double that.. I do plan to get it on pc and play again when I update my pc just to see the difference but I love this game.

Too many bugs, Behavior not implemented, Low quality motion and
Unlike advertising, degrees of freedom and completeness are too low...
There are even missions that are impossible to proceed due to bugs.
This game seems too unfinished right now.
Is there really room for improvement? :cry:

Too many bugs, Behavior not implemented, Low quality motion and
Unlike advertising, degrees of freedom and completeness are too low...
There are even missions that are impossible to proceed due to bugs.
This game seems too unfinished right now.
Is there really room for improvement? :cry:
I really hope yes, but seeing the behavior of the forum and cd Projekt, every time my hopes are weaker.

Disregarding the atrocious state the game was released in, I would say it's average to good, but certainly not great.
  • Driving is passable. There's nothing "good" about it, let alone something that stands out.
  • Gunplay is good, but nothing amazing. I'm not sure if it's environments or the way it handles, but even boss fights seem "meh" while fighting.
  • Stealth so far has been bad to average. It needs a lot of work IMO.
  • I'm not too far into the game, but I sincerely hope there are large branching narratives considering the length of the game.
  • Romance is pitiful. I can't even say romance "options" because there isn't any. There's a single possibility per character and that's it.
  • No world engagement or games. There doesn't seem to be any depth to the world.
  • NPCs are bad. The AI is bad. The interaction is bad.
  • Issues from Witcher 3 are very much present in the inventory, menu, economy and gear progression.

Top Bottom