Cyberpunk 2077 - Wishlist for Future Expansions/World Building

+

Guest 4375874

I know it's a bit early but I thought it'd be a good idea, as players progress through the game, to highlight things they'd like to see added to the game in the future. This is NOT related to bugs, while I understand there are players experiencing issues, this is more geared towards things that could make the game more immersive and world building.
  • More character customization options. As a long time fan of the genre and growing up on things like Armitage, Gits, Akira etc I'm hoping in the future there will be more options for body modifications. This exists in the game as upgrades but doesn't change your outward appearance much. It would be cool if you could have cybernetic limbs (similar to Johnny) from the start and upgrade it as you would normally. The cyberware customization for your face was also somewhat limited and didn't extend to other parts of your body in the way tattoos did. I'm sure the modding community may get this done either way but that can sometimes be a nightmare so it would be good if it was added.

• I imagine this may be added in the planned multiplayer game or not who knows but if the witcher 3 is any indication I am hoping there will be other cities added that you can explore. It would be good if these were very distinctive from Night City. A good template would be using the lifepaths given at the start of the game considering Night City is intended to be a melting pot of sorts these people had to have flocked from somewhere. For example....Some players have said they wanted Nomads to be more present or inclusive so it may be a good idea to have another city (or not) where these nomads congregate. Admittedly this feels like it goes against their very nature as "Nomads" but I think it's something that could be considered. And the same for a location for the corporate elites and street etc. This would ensure that each location isn't modeled in the same way.

• I'm still pretty early in the game, taking my time to experience it all so I'll continue to add things as I progress through the game.

Fucking big agree.
I don't get the point of adding DLCs if the story ending goes how it does.

And they saying that they focus on replayability...what for? I just started corpo for a second go, and after only 10 minutes intro i get to the same point as nomad did.
They should've went Metro Exodus way.
They are making me want to play Metro Exodus after only playing CP for 30 something hours.
Why they do that? For wanting to be edgy? Baaah
Frakking artists

Guest 4211861

A good story, for a change. Not this rushed BS story full of shortcuts.

2018 CP2077 was a much better proposition than... whatever this is.

Just a general expansion to everything. Perhaps a flash back to the early days of Jackie and V friendship. I mean when he said lets get something to eat and then the game skipped ahead after a few scenes. Maybe explaining what happen in between that time be cool. Just a suggestion. I love you CD Project Red. :)

I'd really like the montage from post-life-background intro to be gameplay. Let V and Jackie establish their friendship and go on a dozen or two missions before the one with the scavs. Give people like DeShawn and T-bug some weight too so they aren't just 'there' and supposedly important when we as players have no reason to care for them.

Thinking bigger, I'd really like just a different story for the game than the one we got. The one where Silverhand stays dead and V just climbs the ranks of Night City merc life, dancing with the various corps and then knee-capping Arasaka in another way, preferably one that does not involve the current ending where everything is depressing and sad no matter what you do.

Generally though I'd just like the world to feel more lively. I want to see more scav raids, gang wars, police / trauma team, corp wars, city / territory control, joining gangs or corps, just -something- to make this beautiful world more a part of things than it is.

I'd really like the montage from post-life-background intro to be gameplay. Let V and Jackie establish their friendship and go on a dozen or two missions before the one with the scavs. Give people like DeShawn and T-bug some weight too so they aren't just 'there' and supposedly important when we as players have no reason to care for them.

I hear that. Actually allow us to build a base with Jackie. The character relationships are way too shallow and everyone just turns into throw away characters. I've literally just started act 2 and I probably care more about Misty and Vik than I do anyone else :ROFLMAO:

Thinking bigger, I'd really like just a different story for the game than the one we got. The one where Silverhand stays dead and V just climbs the ranks of Night City merc life, dancing with the various corps and then knee-capping Arasaka in another way, preferably one that does not involve the current ending where everything is depressing and sad no matter what you do.

The life paths should've been expanded. They have no depth and have very little impact on gameplay it's disappointing really.
  • Street kid: Something along the lines of taking over all the NC gangs or climbing the merc ranks.
  • Nomad: Creating your own clan and starting a settlement somewhere outside of Night City.
  • Corpo: Corporate takeovers where you can become the boss. Why not take over Arasaka? Rename it and build it up even more. You're what was it? Some kind of counter intelligence spy. That has potential.
Instead we got a what 15-20 minute intro and that's pretty much the only differences I've seen.

Generally though I'd just like the world to feel more lively. I want to see more scav raids, gang wars, police / trauma team, corp wars, city / territory control, joining gangs or corps, just -something- to make this beautiful world more a part of things than it is.
Very true. There's a lot of NPCs and generally they're not really doing much. You get the occasional gang fighting the police and that's it. I'd like to see the trauma team zipping around. The game made a big issue about them in the first mission and I've seen nothing since.

It could've been like the neighbourhood takeover system in Saints Row. I know CDPR don't want the game compared to other games out there but they take advantage of it. Implement stuff that's worked for other games and/or studios.

1. add WALKING!!!!!!!!!
2. Add hairdressers and tattoo artists
3. Improve photo mode - where are the mantis blades??
4. Fix the UI. It is a hot mess.
5. More options to character creator. It feels lackluster compared to other games. I cant even choose proper blonde or white hair.
6. Ripperdocs are just vendors. I can slot in a spinal implant like eating a candy. What the fuck? This isnt immersive.
7. Improve immersiveness of the city. Nightclubs are quiet and static, they have barely any missiongivers. NPCs don't have AI to react to anything much.
8. Driving can be improved.

Last edited:
Agreed ! Character customization in game (not only at the beginning), a better AI (drivers waiting fo you to move), some way to organize items, more usefull items (not only "drink" or "eat" boost), V got to learn how to sleep in a bed, V got to learn how to take off her panties, a bigger panel of weapons, add an animation when you are enhancing your body, make pedestrians less scared of cars and make them stop jumping in front of your vehicle.

Generally, I really miss some more RPG aspects and more meaningful choices, like for example in a good Mass Effect. Except for an immersion aspect, answers don't change anything.

I love the game, but that is certainly not the big game that I thought I would have. Lack of immersion wich brings me to not care so much for my character. RPG aspects must be added.

Cops and gangs to chase you down or randomly appear to ambush you if you focus too much on a certain activity like frequently taking down tyger claw hangouts or members and they just track you down and try to get payback. You know? Like a real gang would.

More customization. I want to see clothing stores in their specified areas sell exclusively for the local area like corpo store selling corpo shit and I went into JunJi's I still see tyger claw stuff or gang stuff. Not expensive suits or clothes.I want to look like a militech YO!

Speaking of militech, probably too late to implement this but allowing us to join a certain faction and be able to do faction shit and get faction stuff and story. Like joining one of the gangs or one of the Corpo's even Arasaka. Not sure how they can position V to rejoin Arasaka but maybe in the expansions.

And also I can't believe I am saying this but.. more Joytoy options LOL Witcher had plenty and here we get 2 besides romance options.

• Street kid: Something along the lines of taking over all the NC gangs or climbing the merc ranks.
  • Nomad: Creating your own clan and starting a settlement somewhere outside of Night City.
  • Corpo: Corporate takeovers where you can become the boss. Why not take over Arasaka? Rename it and build it up even more. You're what was it? Some kind of counter intelligence spy. That has potential.
While the notion is a bit silly to assume you could take over / run Arasaka as THE CEO, let alone rename it (not as realistic even in this fictional setting), I at the very least feel that in my playthrough and based on my choices, they could've re-added me to the fold in specialized position, running some department or branch. Board position might be a bit too much unless "handwavium" comes into play. Maybe become the go-to guy for special missions due to demonstrating you can deal with major issues, then weave it into a moderate post-ending gameplay per life path. If the game would've needed one more year or 1,5, I wouldn't mind.

But you mention something, an idea I like myself: Giving life paths way more depth and uniqueness that actually provokes replayability, not just "Well you cannot do anything in one run, so there's your reason to replay it" (figuratively spoken). That's not a strong indicator or motivation for myself.

I am almost certain that DLC will be with different character,
Like from Johnny Silverman Point of view as an example
All your skills and inventory from main story won't matter for DLC because you will play as new character in short side story.

But if you ask me I WOULD NOT LIKE THAT.

I hope they expand more on night city itself make it more accessable.
Post automatically merged:

Maybe DLC will be 4th Life Path as NCPD freshman or Trauma Team lol

I hope they expand more on night city itself make it more accessable.

That would be great. A "jobs and side activities" DLC would also be a blast. Of course it has to die in to the main game but why not be able to sign up for TT, be some kind of "deputized" copper or Max-Tac ram they whip out when cyberpsychos go nuts?

The current game already mentions (NCPD) "subcons". Subcontractors, I guess. Dispatch calls when you are near notable crime spots and offer you rewards for dealing with the problem. Could as well sign up some "side factions" not too heavily involved into the main plot like the corporations and so on.

I doubt they do that, even if I like it, or keep it to TT or so at least because I hardly noticed TT beyond the scav mission or as random spawn out there and in one quest. NCPD, as example, would be more tricky and require at least some ommitted / altered voice lines in some side quests, or they just don't make you a rank and file guy and whip you out for cyberpsychos only, so you are not a copper per sé and just some cannon fodder on MaxTac missions.

But I digress. Long story short, side activities and more interactions, even joinable side factions who offer you to take part in their daily bread and butter so you can do more and feel a sense of belonging in the city. Plus the social interactions by making the very city and its inhabitants and services more accessible and interactive instead of feeling like a tourist throughout.

DLC wishes:

1.) More perks and "skills" besides stuff like "add 5% damage to pistols".
2.) Being able to interact with NPC's and NPC's that talk when you press the talk button.
3.) A dystopian version of Night City where dystopian means more than edgy billboard adds and simulating Chicago.
4.) Drug dealers that sell drugs instead of medicine.
5.) Something to do in the world other than kill people.
6.) Something that makes the game worthy of playing other than the story.
7.) Third person view so we can experience our character and all the amazing work done on the fashion/clothes.
8.) A mature option to turn the mature parts on.
9.) Braindances that are not a part of the main story line and are more mature than PG13.
10.) A non schizophrenic experience that immerses you in a dark dystopian world beyond the story that isn't just skin deep.
11.) Solving the problem of the massive disconnect between the quality of the story gameplay vs non story gameplay.
12.) The ability to customize our characters looks beyond initial character creation before the game even starts.
13.) A DLC that is cyberpunk in heart and not just cyberpunk in skin.
14.) A DLC that makes the non-story aspect of CP2077 more mature than GTA Online which is for 12 year olds.
15.) A reason to not regret all the time, money, energy and passion I've invested in this whole ride.

EDIT: And most important of all, I would love to be inspired to be playing the game that I waited 8 years for instead of writing about it on forums when I haven't even had it for half a week.

Last edited:
To semi solve the lack of vehicle customisation, if we steal a something and if we park it in the aparment garage let us summon it pls LOL. I live the Kusanagi Bike but hat the art on it, saw a nice chrome black one and man its sweet looking.

Guest 4375874

1. add WALKING!!!!!!!!!
2. Add hairdressers and tattoo artists
3. Improve photo mode - where are the mantis blades??
4. Fix the UI. It is a hot mess.
5. More options to character creator. It feels lackluster compared to other games. I cant even choose proper blonde or white hair.
6. Ripperdocs are just vendors. I can slot in a spinal implant like eating a candy. What the fuck? This isnt immersive.
7. Improve immersiveness of the city. Nightclubs are quiet and static, they have barely any missiongivers. NPCs don't have AI to react to anything much.
8. Driving can be improved.
You can already walk in the game. driving is pretty good in my experience and if the ripper doc had a long as sequence then this would be red dead redemption and someone else would be complaining about it so it's fine as is.

I can agree with the parlor for hair/tattoo/cyberware

DLC wishes:

1.) More perks and "skills" besides stuff like "add 5% damage to pistols".
2.) Being able to interact with NPC's and NPC's that talk when you press the talk button.
3.) A dystopian version of Night City where dystopian means more than edgy billboard adds and simulating Chicago.
4.) Drug dealers that sell drugs instead of medicine.
5.) Something to do in the world other than kill people.
6.) Something that makes the game worthy of playing other than the story.
7.) Third person view so we can experience our character and all the amazing work done on the fashion/clothes.
8.) A mature option to turn the mature parts on.
9.) Braindances that are not a part of the main story line and are more mature than PG13.
10.) A non schizophrenic experience that immerses you in a dark dystopian world beyond the story that isn't just skin deep.
11.) Solving the problem of the massive disconnect between the quality of the story gameplay vs non story gameplay.
12.) The ability to customize our characters looks beyond initial character creation before the game even starts.
13.) A DLC that is cyberpunk in heart and not just cyberpunk in skin.
14.) A DLC that makes the non-story aspect of CP2077 more mature than GTA Online which is for 12 year olds.
15.) A reason to not regret all the time, money, energy and passion I've invested in this whole ride.

EDIT: And most important of all, I would love to be inspired to be playing the game that I waited 8 years for instead of writing about it on forums when I haven't even had it for half a week.

2.) To what end? No existing open world game has this for every NPC because it's pointless. GTA doesn't do it and neither did witcher 3.
3.) I've had no issue with their portrayal so far. What exactly are you proposing? Are you familiar with the genre? Because cyberpunk is supposed to be futuristic but also reminiscent of the past, not to the point where it seems unrealistic.
4.) If you are mostly cybernetic what drugs are you expecting? Substance takes many forms in a dystopian future. For this world it's the addiction to cyberware and braindance. The detachment from reality...substance abuse would be pointless so this seems little more than a nitpick.
5.) No thanks, that's why I couldn't finish GTA...too many pointless things that add nothing to the experience.
6.) That's why we play games so not sure what that means.
7.) a third person shooter? It's absolutely horrible in GTA so I completely understand why they didn't go there so that's a no for me. As for the fashion, doesn't matter to me unless you spend the entire game looking in a mirror. If this wasn't an fps rpg I might agree but too many other elements of the game would suffer in third person.
8.) This is not a sex or dating sim so not necessary.
10.) Again what are you suggesting for that experience?
12.) Not even skyrim does this, for obvious reasons. Not a very feasible suggestions.
13.) Again what's your definition for cyberpunk?
15.) Hopefully you can get a refund. Best of luck. As a long time fan of the genre it's been a great experience so far

The post isn't for
My propose to CD:

- less 'greed'.
Not sure what that means but has nothing to do with this post. Best of luck.

Touching on the customisation mentioned earlier:
  • Where are the barbers? They're in the witcher but not cyberpunk?
  • Give us tattoo parlours.
  • Let us customise the colours of our clothing, weapons and equipment. Same goes for vehicles (look at the system Saints Row uses).
I didn't play saints row, not interested in the senseless activities. Witcher 3 worked despite not having those because it was story focused. I would agree in adding parlors but not the rest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom