Anyone else find it weird that conversations dont have a "goodbye" option?

+
Its very offputting to have to hear the npc treat me as though i left them hanging in mid conversation because i have no way of ending the conversation otherwise.

Plus they automatically start talking as soon as you get close enough. One gig has you sneak into a hotel. You can pay for a room or steal an elevator card. I snuck into the room behind the receptionist to steal a card and the dialogue with the receptionist started back up through the wall. Totally immersion breaking. Plus you can't loot or interact with anything while the dialogue menu is up.

Plus they automatically start talking as soon as you get close enough. One gig has you sneak into a hotel. You can pay for a room or steal an elevator card. I snuck into the room behind the receptionist to steal a card and the dialogue with the receptionist started back up through the wall. Totally immersion breaking. Plus you can't loot or interact with anything while the dialogue menu is up.
I noticed that too, not sure why not initiating conversations was left out of the game. seems like an oversight.

I also really miss this. So right now, you can only walk away, which kind of feels bad... and which is exacerbated by some NPCs yelling after you, "Wait!" or "Hello??" or something along those lines, like they actually expect you to end the conversation properly!

It is kind of weird, especially when the NPC says something to you when you walk away. "That it?" "Hey wait a minute?" "You leavin' already?" it's like "yeah, I would have said goodbye but I don't have that option... sorry!" The most annoying is the gun seller in the apartment building who seems to be able to clock you between floors and then says "Hey don't leave." even though you aren't even near him.

The most annoying is the gun seller in the apartment building who seems to be able to clock you between floors and then says "Hey don't leave." even though you aren't even near him.
It's so weird that you can still hear him at full volume even though you're already in the elevator, halfway down the building...

yeah, I feel embarrased that I just pop up and left after getting some new cyberware from Viktor, I want to say thanks to the nice old man. sad it's not an option in the game.

Top Bottom