Cyberpunk 2077 PC Crash Issues

+
this bug cost me 2days of not being able to play the game, but the fix is (may work for only some people) move to a folder which have no dots in it's name.

yep, the game just can't read/open dotted folder. simple fix, if you are on steam, the process of moving the gamefile to another folder is a bit harder because you need to close everything like wallpaper engine, or you can move to a different drive.

specificly works for error where you can't open the game at all, and error log:

Error reason: Assert

Expression: commonFileLoaded

Message: Failed to load in-game config file from 'D:Game\Cyberpunk 2077\r6\config\settings\options.json'

File: e:\r6.patch0hotfix2\dev\src\common\redconfig\src\ingameconfigreader.cpp(449)

please spread this as i want to do nice things to the world :)
Post automatically merged:

this bug cost me 2days of not being able to play the game, but the fix is (may work for only some people) move to a folder which have no dots in it's name.

yep, the game just can't read/open dotted folder. simple fix, if you are on steam, the process of moving the gamefile to another folder is a bit harder because you need to close everything like wallpaper engine, or you can move to a different drive.

specificly works for error where you can't open the game at all, and error log:

Error reason: Assert

Expression: commonFileLoaded

Message: Failed to load in-game config file from 'D:Game\Cyberpunk 2077\r6\config\settings\options.json'

File: e:\r6.patch0hotfix2\dev\src\common\redconfig\src\ingameconfigreader.cpp(449)

please spread this as i want to do nice things to the world :)

I was having the same error and this actually fixed it for me. If you're reading this Thank you very much.

In case anyone with the same "flatline on play" error as me is looking for an update, I've been troubleshooting since Day 1 and nothing in almost 90 pages of this thread or elsewhere has fixed it:

Error reason: Unhandled exception
Expression: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005)
Message: The thread attempted to write to an inaccessible address at 0x7FFA3AF96420.
File: <Unknown>(0)

I know there's a bunch of you still in this situation. Go back to sleep samurai, we've got a patch to wait for :giveup:

Well, i played from day one, around 1h total in game. After that, patch 1.04 downloaded and i am unable to start game at all. Same crash every time i want to play. Just blank scree with loading circle and crash.
Just for information:
Steam, i9 9900k, RTX 3080, Windows 10. Nothing worked so far.
Sad :(

I've been playing 2 hours since release and then I gave up ... just too many crashes. And with the thought that it will crash again right away, it's no fun either.

Hopefully this will be fixed. I can ignore every other bug, but constant crashing is annoying. Strangely, I didn't have any crashes before 1.04.

Yeah this is driving me nuts. There is iike 20% chance I can start the game get to the menu and continue from where I left off, but usually it crashes on the splash screens or loading screen.

Hopefully this will be fixed. I can ignore every other bug, but constant crashing is annoying. Strangely, I didn't have any crashes before 1.04.
Same. I've played 8 hours and it's crashed (both with and without flatline error message) maybe 20-25 times. I'm now at the "Escape All Foods" stage of the Pickup mission, and it crashes in the same room everytime, so I literally can't proceed with play now. Hugely disappointing.

Well, i was playing just fine 40h in game, today was normal playing sesion did a break for like 2h and now game is crashing before i hit main menu.

Expression: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005)
Message: The thread attempted to read inaccessible data at 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

As mentioned before with the links I mentioned above you can contact CDPR support and ask them for help (just click on "Contact Us")

I know AMD Phenom II is not officially supported, but I kindly ask the developers to remove the SSE 4.1, 4.2 requirement from the game the same way as The Witcher 3 not required it. The CPU is old but is pretty capable to run the game, I can't buy a new PC now and I know the developers can lift this instruction requirement if they want, Codemasters did it with F1 2020, I hope CDPR do the same for us Phenom II folks.

When trying to run on a Phenom X6:

!!!CRASHED!!!
Error Reason: Unhandled exception
Expression: EXCEPTION_ILLEGAL_INSTRUCTION (0xC000001D)
Message: The thread tried to execute an invalid instruction.
File: <Unknown>
Line: 0

Last edited:
Let me just say, all of you who were even able to get some hours of game time out of this so far are lucky.

Ryzen 5 3600
GTX 1080 Ti (drivers updated, uninstalled, reinstalled)
16 GB RAM
Win 7 64

Getting the latest driver brought me from crashing immediately on clicking "play" in galaxy to at least getting into the menu. Hotfix 1.04 got me into the character creator (before that instant crash on picking male/female), now the game crashes 100% of the time once V pukes into the sink and gets the call in the corpo prologue.

All crashes lead to "no signal" on my monitor and black screen, after a few seconds I get back into windows with the flatline error and video drivers restarted after crashing.

Message: Gpu Crash for unknown reasons! Callstack here is probably irrelevant. Check if Breadcrumbs or Aftermath logged anything useful.

This machine never crashed on me even once on whatever since I built it in 2017 / upgraded the CPU this year.

Wouldn't even have gotten in on day 1, I usually wait for reviews and possible reports of bugfests like this, but my friends gifted me the preorder for my birthday. I'm hoping that a patch will come out that does something for me, since I'd really hate to have to try and get a refund on a birthday gift.

As many others, after the 1.04 hotfix, my PC can not get past the REDEngine screen. After booting, the cursor stays on screen for a while, and 3 secs after the RED screen comes up, flatline.
Tried verifying files, disabling overlay, reinstalled the game. Did not fix.
Really enjoyed the absolute masterpiece so far (had 0 bugs, only 2 small visual glitches for 20hrs now, 100+fps RTX On 2070), hoping it gets patched asap.

I finally managed to get it to launch for the first time. I was constantly getting the EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005) error. It would flatline the moment I pressed play on GOG. What FINALLY helped was this:
  1. Changed my resolution to a much lower than my native one (Windows 10, click right clik on your desktop, screen resolution, pick a low one that will make your icons super big and ugly)
  2. I attempted to launch the game like this. It launched immediately
  3. Changed the in-game resolution to my native one because it had the small one I picked a moment ago, and then I closed the game
  4. Changed my desktop resolution back to my native one again (no more giant icons), then launched the game and it succesfully launched finally
NONE of the other solutions worked for me except for this. I hope it helps some of you<3
Worked for me, I can launch the game, now lets see if its crashes after 10 minutes, thanks!

I took assert error. I think the problem is 5600 xt VRam size. I dont care FPS so trying to play 2k. But game gives crash :/ Really sad.

Attachments

• Screenshot_5.png
    Screenshot_5.png
    11.7 KB · Views: 314
As work continues, do be aware that CDPR Support is now up and running:

Please, read the appropriate FAQ section to the end, ensuring all suggestions have been followed. If the problems persist, you can use the "Contact Us" link to send in a ticket.

Be sure to include your system (including specs if on PC), a brief description of the issue, and the steps taken to reproduce it (if applicable).

I GIVE UP

Absolutely impossible to start the game under Windows 10

Starts on 7 but it's a crippled experience and it crashes suddenly in 10/20 minutes.

Not funny.

Asked for refund and I was told: wait for patches. Will never buy again on pure trust.

GUYS REMEMBER: is not you hardware/software fault. It's the freakin' game that is BROKEN to his core.

Just to remember for everybody that this is an official recommendation by now:
note.png

I personally don't want to reinstall my pretty new and fully updated 1806 version and think that such demand is unacceptable for just playing one (even pretty best) game. Still, this actions might solve your problems.

FYI - AVX FIX(UPDATED FOR 1.04) at NexusMods fixed my issue and have been running the game smoothly for the last day.

I chose Nomad and it crashes in same place consistently right after the prolog cinematic upon entering the city.

The game ran smoothly up to the point it crashed so it does not seem to be related to performance issues.

I tried the following to fix it and none of it worked for my situation:
* Run launcher as admin (and even run game directly as admin)
* Disabled Steam overlay (even Discord overlay whenever I had Discord running)
* Set all GFX options to lowest setting possible
* Windows 10 shows nothing else I can apply in Windows Update
* GFX driver is current release
* Disabled 2nd monitor so OS only sees a single monitor
* Disabled anti-virus and firewall
* Herobrine removed from system
* Steam not installed to default folder (so not related to "Program Files" enhanced security issues)
* Verified integrity of files in Steam (there was no issue and no need to download anything extra)
* Tried loading prior auto-saves.
* Coreinfo (by sysinternals) shows that my CPU does NOT support AVX (does not have asterisk by feature)

OS: Windows 10 Pro, build 1909 (all patches applied....2020/202H feature update not presented as an option to install yet)
CPU: Intel Core i7 960 @ 3.20 GHz
GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1060, 6GB (driver version 460.79 which is current)
RAM: 12 GB
Monitors: Two Samsung monitors in 2048 x 1152
Antivirus: Comodo Internet Security 12.2.2.7062 (current and updated)

NOTE: There were 7 crash report zip files under %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\REDEngine\ReportQueue\ and it has been a day since then and no crash yet.

Contents of the stacktrace.txt file each time it did crash:
Code:
Expression: EXCEPTION_ILLEGAL_INSTRUCTION (0xC000001D)
Message: The thread tried to execute an invalid instruction.

Last edited:
Top Bottom