Low GPU usage

+
The CPU Fix for AMD worked! CPU jumped from 45-50 to 78% (Ryzen 3700x)
As for the GPU I found that DLSS is causing that GPU issue, turning off DLSS will make the GPU use all its power (more than 98%)
I hope they'll fix this soon
DLSS makes you have higher fps, so if your usage goes up haven't you just locked your framerate?

Similar issue here. Founders Edition 3070, Ryzen 3700x. CPU usage is fine after editing the .exe but GPU usage still behaves weirdly. It randomly jumps between over 95% usage and around 80fps to 50% usage and around 30fps. Seems to heavily depend on the area I'm in and whether I'm driving fast or not.

Similar issue here. Founders Edition 3070, Ryzen 3700x. CPU usage is fine after editing the .exe but GPU usage still behaves weirdly. It randomly jumps between over 95% usage and around 80fps to 50% usage and around 30fps. Seems to heavily depend on the area I'm in and whether I'm driving fast or not.
Sounds like cpu bottleneck, but can't be sure.
I have to say the game runs quite smooth for me, on rtx 2070 super and ryzen 7 3700x.
I capped the game at 60 frames, and adjusted the settings so my gpu would be at 95% usage, i run medium raytracing and medium/high graphics settings.

Sounds like cpu bottleneck, but can't be sure.
I have to say the game runs quite smooth for me, on rtx 2070 super and ryzen 7 3700x.
I capped the game at 60 frames, and adjusted the settings so my gpu would be at 95% usage, i run medium raytracing and medium/high graphics settings.

CPU Bottleneck with a Rezen 7 3700x? No way, that CPU can even handle an RTX 3090

I can't break 55-58FPS in open world on Ryzen 9 3900X + RTX3090, no matter the settings.

GPU just sits at low utilization, with Vsync off. It's goes to 200+ FPS on low settings/720p in some areas, but this is unacceptable. AMD has the most popular lineup of CPUs, both in budget, mid-range and high end segment. How the hell did CDPR didn't optimize for them? Why do I have to edit .exe in Hex editor to make it better?

I can't break 55-58FPS in open world on Ryzen 9 3900X + RTX3090, no matter the settings.

GPU just sits at low utilization, with Vsync off. It's goes to 200+ FPS on low settings/720p in some areas, but this is unacceptable. AMD has the most popular lineup of CPUs, both in budget, mid-range and high end segment. How the hell did CDPR didn't optimize for them? Why do I have to edit .exe in Hex editor to make it better?
I think it will be patched soon but for now I suggest you apply the AMD fix it could help

CPU Bottleneck with a Rezen 7 3700x? No way, that CPU can even handle an RTX 3090
Well your gpu is a lot better than mine, and i can easily be cpu bottlenecked with my ryzen 7 3700x, so for you it will be even easier :p

aaaSans titre.jpg

FIX TEH GPU USAGE FFS

1070 Ti also low gpu ussage.
I have only 10 fps, GPU ussage is about 10-15%. CPU ussage abput 20%.
No matter graphic setting it's always the same.
Game is unplayable.

New drivers, power mode checked, other games runs very good.
Using MSI afterburner and riva tuner statistic.

GTX 1070 Ti
i5 8600K 5Ghz, 16 GB RAM, SSD Nvme

For those who want to know what it would be like to run Cyberpunk on a weak PC, I made this video here showing how it looks.

I have the same issue on a 3080, fluctuates between 80%-98% usage with lows dipping to 70% occasionally.

It seems that certain areas cause this issue (mostly complex scenes with multiple npcs but not limited to this) as if you move away then gpu usage goes back towwards 100%, go back and it goes down.

I think I have found the cause, setting DLSS to auto or balanced causes the issue, setting to quality sees my gpu usage pegged to 98% where it would flutuate beforehand.

Can anyone confirm that this is the cause of low gpu utilisation on their setups?

Last edited:
I have the same issue on a 3080, fluctuates between 80%-98% usage with lows dipping to 70% occasionally.

It seems that certain areas cause this issue (mostly complex scenes with multiple npcs but not limited to this) as if you move away then gpu usage goes back towwards 100%, go back and it goes down.

I think I have found the cause, setting DLSS to auto or balanced causes the issue, setting to quality sees my gpu usage pegged to 98% where it would flutuate beforehand.

Can anyone confirm that this is the cause of low gpu utilisation on their setups?

Are you serious, 80% low gpu usage ?
Get out of that topic, you dont have this problem. Im so fkcking tired of reading theses posts.

Are you serious, 80% low gpu usage ?
Get out of that topic, you dont have this problem. Im so fkcking tired of reading theses posts.

Oh bore off, if this is causing an issue for me then perhaps it is causing issues for others.

I noticed something that I can confirm on my end is the absolute cause of the very performance loss being discussed here, you offer nothing except faux outrage.

If you bothered to read properly you would see that I mentioned I'm dipping down to 70% usage at times, not too far off the 60% utilisation of others in this thread.

If you have nothing helpful to contribute then move on, if you have to reply then at least read the thread properly first so you don't end up coming across as an uneduated troglodyte.

Last edited:
The CPU Fix for AMD worked! CPU jumped from 45-50 to 78% (Ryzen 3700x)
As for the GPU I found that DLSS is causing that GPU issue, turning off DLSS will make the GPU use all its power (more than 98%)
I hope they'll fix this soon
DLSS is supposed to use less of your graphics card, that is the point. It samples the game using AI and renders at a lower quality then upscales it to put less load on your GPU. It will make the game look a little more blurry but will give you a noticable improvement in framerate.
Post automatically merged:

had the same issue. game was using about 40-50% of cpu. I installed this: https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/107?tab=description from the nexus. And my cpu usage and fps both went up. Give me about an 15-20 fps.

Doesnt work for everyone tho, but its simple enough to install/uninstall so might be worth a shot.
I also used this mod after first trying the hexedit, which worked. This mod did give me a few extra fps on top of the improvement with doing a hexedit.

I have low gpu usage in night city, graphic preset ultra + RT ultra, dlss - auto, fullHD.
Gpu usage: 60-70%
Cpu usage: 50%
Fps: 45 - 55

● CPU. AMD Ryzen 5 3600
● GPU. Palit RTX 3070 gaming pro OC
● Ram. Kingston HyperX Fury HX436C17FB3R2/16 2x8Gb 3933mhz
● Motherboard. ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. PRIME X570-P
● SSD: NVMe m2 Samsung evo 970 plus 500gb
● PSU. Bequiet! PURE POWER 11 600W CM Gold® (BN298)
● OS: Windows 10 Pro, version: 20H2, 64 bit, build: 19042.685 (last updated)

● Software Use Recording
● (MSI Afterburner) - performance monitoring
● Driver Version: Nvidia 460.79 (clean installation with DDU)

I have the same issue. I have an AMD 5950x CPU running at 20% and an nVidia 2080 ti running at max 71-72%. Corsair MP600 2TB NVMe M.2. All other games have my gpu hitting 99-100%.

I'm running patch 1.4, and I have the latest nVidia GPU driver.

I have the same issue. I have an AMD 5950x CPU running at 20% and an nVidia 2080 ti running at max 71-72%. Corsair MP600 2TB NVMe M.2. All other games have my gpu hitting 99-100%.

I'm running patch 1.4, and I have the latest nVidia GPU driver.

The perfect example that there is no bottleneck.
it is a big problem that must be solved.
I have the same problem
-ryzen 5600x
-rtx 3080
-nmve 1tb wd blue

all the minimum values do not pass 58 fps with gpu at 40% and cpu at 30% use

I have the same problem. (Lenovo Legion Y-740 - 1660Ti Mobile - 16GB ram)
The games work just fine when I start it freshly on medium preset + some high tweaks(average 55 fps). But after 30-60 min the GPU usage drops to 60%-70%. The GPU temp is normal around 70 degrees celsius. There is no reason why would it downclock or throttle.

As I mentioned in the title, I am having a performance problem. When I check it with MSI Afterburner, you can see the Low GPU Usage / High CPU Usage values from the picture below. Normally, these values should be the opposite, that is 100% GPU Usage / Low CPU Usage.

w1.jpg

GPU Usage: %78 (Normally it should be %99 or %100) || CPU Usage: %83-%90 and runs at 3.2Ghz (Normally it should be around %40-50 and 4.2 Ghz Turbo Boost)

Since I always play my games via MSI Afterburner, I know the normal usage values of my PC. This was the first time I experienced the opposite use case only in Cyberpunk 2077.

Here's my rig:
1607974973610.png

I want to play this game at full usage percent of my video card. In this way, we can also see an increase in fps. Please solve this in next update CD Project Red.
Thank you.

Top Bottom