Cyberpunk 2077 PC Crash Issues

+
Well, i was playing just fine 40h in game, today was normal playing sesion did a break for like 2h and now game is crashing before i hit main menu.

Error reason: Unhandled exception
Expression: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005)
Message: The thread attempted to read inaccessible data at 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
File: <Unknown>(0)
Lauching game from game folder fixed it for me, so its something with steam/gog laucher.

for the instant flatline people...

make sure to disable absolutley all overlays(rivatuner, Steam,discord,...); had that too... instant crash.
that helped to be able to start , but then there are the other countless reasons the game crashes.

put it in perspective

Aye, I have tried to launch this game over 100 times now and it crashes at the logo every time.

104 crash reports thus far. Would love to see the character creation screen atleast.

So CDPR finally got back to me about the flatline at the CDPR logo.

I had to update from Win 10 build 1909 to the latest 20H2. I had gone through all the support site stuff before this with drivers, visual c etc. that appear on the technical support pages.
Now that caused quite the bit of alarm (hey anyone who's ever had to trust a windows upgrade will know the feeling). However I still seem to have all my installed stuff afterwards and settings seem the same (although I know some things, somewhere will need reset back to how I like them).

Took 20 minutes, then another few minutes for the inevitable windows updates to install. Verified the CP2077 files and launched.

I'm in !!!
Although I expect there to be more trouble ahead.

Still pretty annoyed a current build of windows with who knows how many live users will potentially have this issue like me. So this suggests pre launch testing was very minimal as far as I'm concerned.

My game has crashed over 60 times.
Post automatically merged:

Here is something you can do to bring these Crashes into perspective...:sad::cry::giveup:

Code:
press: Win+R
enter without quotes: "%appdata%" + hit enter
go to: ...\AppData\Local\REDEngine\ReportQueue
these are all the crash reports you gathered since installation...

zipped files are the reports sent to CDPR, folders are local reports but not sent to CDPR (just a guess)

:cool:ZIP : 34

:ohstopit: FOLDERS : 48

that means in 28hrs playtime(atm), my game crashed 48 times and 34 reports got sent to CDPR...

im courious, what are your numbers?

ps.: always hit the BLUE button before ragequit :ok:
Zip:66
Folders:74

Hello everyone, crashes happen every 2-5 minutes, no methods help, all drivers are updated, Windows 10 is updated to version 20H2, changing the graphics settings does not help, crashes occur at random moments, even with complete inactivity, in 4 days of playing I have sent over 250 crash reports, in the sent reports the error is GPU Crash.
PC:
R5 2600
Gtx 1660
16GB RAM
Hopefully hotfix 1.05 will be released as early as possible and will fix the problem with crashes

Just want to chime in too, game runs fine, but, if I enable RTX at all I get a crash within about 10 mins. RTX 2080TI here.

Other than that really enjoying it cheers for the effort!

My game runs absolutely fine until i get to Victor’s in “The Ripperdoc”. I just pull up outside and..crash.

it runs with no frame drops or anything else,then that just comes from nowhere. I’m not too sure how to fix it,so i feel like i may just have to hope i’m not the only one experiencing this.

So my GPU crash I believe is related to the UltraWide resolution. My native resolution is 3440x1440 and the game will crash even at the lowest settings not being able to get past the character creator. I have found a way to get the game to work by lowering to 1920x1080 on the lowest settings but it is a terrible experience being that the image gets stretched. I think I will wait for a proper patch.

EDIT: Well it is now crashing with Ray Tracing off. Not really sure what else I can do other than play and deal with it as I have zero faith in this trash developer putting a fix out to an error I can't even confirm the cause of. Could be ten people having this flatline issue all with different reasons.

I am still testing things but I am on a 3440x1440 Ultarwide at 21:9. Game sometimes works for a few hours with no crashes and sometimes a matter of maybe 10-20 minutes.

This is with all settings maxed on a 3090 MSI Gaming X Trio "stock" and i9 9900k OC'd to about 4700mhz.

Game runs decent with all settings maxed between 45-60fps.

GPU usage is around 98% which I hear when playing taxing games is normal and CPU usage floats between 80-95%.

Temps are all good usually under 80 degrees.

Here's where my test has me.

So far playing with Ray Tracing totally off I get no crashes.

With it set to Psycho it's doing the random time crashes.

Will report back if I get multiple crashes with RT off.

The game in short though is horribly optimized and honestly for all the crappy issues the game maxed doesn't even look that good.

Red Dead 2 blows this game away in visuals as does in my opinion Exodus and Mankind Divided.

Last edited:
As work continues, do be aware that CDPR Support is now up and running:

Please, read the appropriate FAQ section to the end, ensuring all suggestions have been followed. If the problems persist, you can use the "Contact Us" link to send in a ticket.

Be sure to include your system (including specs if on PC), a brief description of the issue, and the steps taken to reproduce it (if applicable).
yea, this does nothing mr moderator.

I tried everything what i found under this 90 pages to solve my crash problems, but still....nothing worked :( So i finally make a move to write here, maybe somebody read it and help me to figure it out whats the problem. I got instantly flatline error after try to launch the game, so i played 0 sec with the game yet :( I got this in the report:

Registered crash info file...
InternalVersion: 3.0.3217599 P4CL: 4158334 Stream: //R6.Root/R6.Patch0Hotfix2
!!!CRASHED!!!
Error Reason: Unhandled exception
Expression: EXCEPTION_ILLEGAL_INSTRUCTION (0xC000001D)
Message: The thread tried to execute an invalid instruction.
File: <Unknown>
Line: 0

"uptimeSeconds":0
"stopThreadID":4296
"exceptionCode":0xC000001D
"processID":3220
"Engine/CommitFailedErrorCode@1#TID=0":"0"
"Configuration/Name@2#TID=0":"FINAL"
"Configuration/Name2@3#TID=0":"FINAL"
"Game/Patch@7#TID=0":"1.04"
"Engine/OOM@4#TID=0":"false"
"GlobalMode/IsClosing@5#TID=0":"false"
"GlobalMode/IsGame@6#TID=0":"false"
"Jobs/InitParam/MaxLatentJobs@8#TID=0":"131072"
"Jobs/InitParam/MaxCriticalPathJobs@9#TID=0":"65536"
"Jobs/InitParam/MaxImmediateJobs@10#TID=0":"2048"
"Jobs/InitParam/WorkerThreadStackSizeKB@11#TID=0":"1024"
"Jobs/InitParam/MaxThreads@12#TID=0":"27"
"Jobs/InitParam/AllJobsCriticalPath@14#TID=0":"false"
"Jobs/InitParam/UseJobDebugger@13#TID=0":"false"
"##CrashDump##/DumpCrashDataSeconds":"0"

Hello everyone, found a solution to the crash problem after downloading the game, start a new game, after downloading a new game, press esc and load your save from another campaign!!! It's worked) happy)
Всім привіт, знайшов вирішення проблеми з crash після завантаження гри, починаєте нову гру, після завантаження нової гри, натискайте esc та завантажуйте ваш сейв з іншої кампанії

I tried everything what i found under this 90 pages to solve my crash problems, but still....nothing worked :( So i finally make a move to write here, maybe somebody read it and help me to figure it out whats the problem. I got instantly flatline error after try to launch the game, so i played 0 sec with the game yet :( I got this in the report:

Registered crash info file...
InternalVersion: 3.0.3217599 P4CL: 4158334 Stream: //R6.Root/R6.Patch0Hotfix2
!!!CRASHED!!!
Error Reason: Unhandled exception
Expression: EXCEPTION_ILLEGAL_INSTRUCTION (0xC000001D)
Message: The thread tried to execute an invalid instruction.
File: <Unknown>
Line: 0

"uptimeSeconds":0
"stopThreadID":4296
"exceptionCode":0xC000001D
"processID":3220
"Engine/CommitFailedErrorCode@1#TID=0":"0"
"Configuration/Name@2#TID=0":"FINAL"
"Configuration/Name2@3#TID=0":"FINAL"
"Game/Patch@7#TID=0":"1.04"
"Engine/OOM@4#TID=0":"false"
"GlobalMode/IsClosing@5#TID=0":"false"
"GlobalMode/IsGame@6#TID=0":"false"
"Jobs/InitParam/MaxLatentJobs@8#TID=0":"131072"
"Jobs/InitParam/MaxCriticalPathJobs@9#TID=0":"65536"
"Jobs/InitParam/MaxImmediateJobs@10#TID=0":"2048"
"Jobs/InitParam/WorkerThreadStackSizeKB@11#TID=0":"1024"
"Jobs/InitParam/MaxThreads@12#TID=0":"27"
"Jobs/InitParam/AllJobsCriticalPath@14#TID=0":"false"
"Jobs/InitParam/UseJobDebugger@13#TID=0":"false"
"##CrashDump##/DumpCrashDataSeconds":"0"

What is your config?

I got all the way until I encountered Royce. I had one crash before that, and then it crashed on game start up, but restarting the PC did the trick. Now everytime I enter the room with Royce the part where
you can either sneak past him, or fight him
, my game crashes. Anyone else getting stuck here?

Have you figured this out? I am having the exact same issue.

What is your config?

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5GHz
8Gb RAM
GeForce GTX 1050Ti

I know its aint the best :D ,but i guest its should start and maximum i got a lot of lag with low settings or i dont know. One of my friend have a similar config and he run it with no problem

12/13/2020 15:18:22 +01:00|ERROR|Redbug.Reporter.CP2077.App|Could not send report.
System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (429) Too Many Requests

i wonder if this means, that crash reports are actually not uploaded properly.

Top Bottom