Do you think CDPR will respond to the criticisms of its story, endings and gameplay?

+

Do you think CDPR will respond to the criticisms of its story, endings and gameplay?

• Yes

Votes: 33 32.7%
  • No

Votes: 68 67.3%

• Total voters

Vejsa

Forum regular
I am concerned with how quiet CDPR is now we are voicing our criticisms. A lot of us are unsatisfied with the game. We don't expect them to rewrite the whole story, we just want the things we do in-game to matter. We want choices and the option to carry on as V in a happier ending. We want our romances to matter, and not to just be left when the story ends. We want a world that doesn't feel emptier than Watch Dogs on release day. We want the things we were promised, the things this game was delayed for but never received. Will CDPR address these concerns? What happened to "You can't save the world, but you can save yourself"?

This sort of question was raised a few times back with The Witcher III, so I'll offer some insights from those days. If the REDs seem silent, it's almost certainly because they are still hard at work investigating and fixing issues with the game, rather than spending their time responding to posts. After all, they are receiving incredible amounts of feedback. They tend to prioritise work over addressing every topic with a statement. While this may be frustrating for some players, who would like to see more public communications, I can assure everyone that that Devs are well aware of players' feedback, complaints, and frustration.

I advise patience. It's still early, and I suspect there will be more updates and patches to come, in response to players' input.

I don't want any spoilers, but is there a post game? By that, I mean can you keep playing after you beat the main questline?

As far as a happy/sad ending goes, I'm a sucker for a good tragedy, so I wouldn't mind if the ending were not all sunshine and rainbows. I mean, if you consider the genre, it goes without saying that the ending will be bittersweet, with emphasis on the bitter.

Vejsa

Forum regular
I don't want any spoilers, but is there a post game? By that, I mean can you keep playing after you beat the main questline?

As far as a happy/sad ending goes, I'm a sucker for a good tragedy, so I wouldn't mind if the ending were not all sunshine and rainbows. I mean, if you consider the genre, it goes without saying that the ending will be bittersweet, with emphasis on the bitter.
There is no post game.
Post automatically merged:

This sort of question was raised a few times back with The Witcher III, so I'll offer some insights from those days. If the REDs seem silent, it's almost certainly because they are still hard at work investigating and fixing issues with the game, rather than spending their time responding to posts. After all, they are receiving incredible amounts of feedback. They tend to prioritise work over addressing every topic with a statement. While this may be frustrating for some players, who would like to see more public communications, I can assure everyone that that Devs are well aware of players' feedback, complaints, and frustration.

I advise patience. It's still early, and I suspect there will be more updates and patches to come, in response to players' input.
I hope that's the case, CDPR just seems a lot less like CDPR these days.

[...]
i do believe they are now in full damage control mode probably an answer will come but will be the same generic pr lines that are used to happen in situations like this.

Or they could go silent for months and actually fix everything and deliver cyberpunk as was supposed to be developed by a doubt that.

Vejsa

Forum regular
[...]
i do believe they are now in full damage control mode probably an answer will come but will be the same generic pr lines that are used to happen in situations like this.

Or they could go silent for months and actually fix everything and deliver cyberpunk as was supposed to be developed by a doubt that.
I really worry that CDPR is not the same company we once believed it to be. If they give us generic PR bullshit I will be pissed, to be honest. Sure there's not much they will probably do to the story unless DLC comes along and changes it. Most probably, the game will remain like this but I just hoped that after the last eight or so years that would have come up with some kind of game better than this. Everything is *almost* good, and that's what disappoints me the most. I hope CDPR listens to us and makes some kind of change or adjustment, but I doubt it.

Well they kinda did. Look at the night city wire. People were asking for details roleplay element character customization what we got is just some short trailers ((Some of them even super deiciving)) and marketing on celebrities bands and such.

I hope that's the case, CDPR just seems a lot less like CDPR these days.
They put their people through ungodly amounts of crunch to put out a game that was buggy as hell on launch.
Sounds exactly like CDPR. :p

That said, Witcher 3 at least had a ton of content in it, even if much of the game was riddled with bugs.
Cyberpunk is just... empty. It's bare bones beyond belief.

I hope not!

Obviously Cyberpunk is not meant for "main stream" if you don't like the genre that's on you for playing/buying a game that is clearly sci-fi.

Open world interctivity...maybe. The story? No, it's impossible to rewrite the entire main quest to put actual choices and lifepath reactivity into the game, making it an actual RPG (because as of now, it's not a role playing game)
Unfortunately, I think you may be right. I can only hope that DLC in the future adds on to the ending some kind of goddamn miracle where V ends up okay. It's just a looter shooter to be honest, not the RPG we expected it to be...

Management making choices based on marketing and hype. Like hiring Keanu Reeves and forcing the team to scrap and rewrite the main quest one year from release
Making choices based on marketing and hype, but it seems they went with all the wrong choices. Everything people wanted - fleshed out romance, Braindance, an interactive world.. All of it was just scrapped and cut/reduced. I genuinely only have disappointment for this.

They have already responded, in part: 'we underestimate the magnitude of a game like this'. What they need to tell everyone is what they will do going forward with the game.

I just posted a topic asking in a vote what type of response would you the consumer prefer.

Making choices based on marketing and hype, but it seems they went with all the wrong choices. Everything people wanted - fleshed out romance, Braindance, an interactive world.. All of it was just scrapped and cut/reduced. I genuinely only have disappointment for this.

Was about 'year balance', financial... nothing more or less. Everyone is under pressure. But, I hope they say what they will do going forward.

Top Bottom