Self-Driving Car *Spoiler Alert*

+
So I finally have my very own AI controlled Delamain vehicle...except for some reason the AI doesn't feel like driving, doesn't even strike up conversation. Someone tell me that at some point you can simply relax and be a passenger while enjoying the sights of night city when traveling from point A to B.

Since there is no real Vehicle AI, I don't think you'll ever be able to tell your Delamain cab driver to get you to a destination of your choice, sit back, and enjoy the ride. :(

that entire quest is just... sad... it actually made me stop playing for a few hours and think about how poorly cdpr handled this game. You are given 3 options, but all lead to the same point. The first time I did it the car blew up and softlocked me out of the quest so i had to reload a save and then did it another way, end result was still the same. so I did it the 3rd way and got the same result.

I havent played after the quest and see if it changes the world in any way but i would highly doubt it. If you choose to help the quest giver and do exactly as he asks he won't even pick up the phone if you call him after the quest, which i would understand if you did it one of the other 2 ways because why would he want to talk to you after that. But after helping him and doing as he asks he just vanishes from the game entirely

Pretty obvious that the vehicle AI's are so bad that they had to cut out self driving cars outside of you calling them. I really hope they fix the car A.I.s and introduce self driving cars, I am bored to death driving myself everywhere, even with fast travel system.

Did I miss something? I just finished this quest in a certain way and now I have my own AI driving car, but I still need to drive myself everywhere. Thought I'd be able to set a destination and get them to take me there. Also, isn't there a way to chat with the car a bit more after the quest is complete?

Guest 4454648

Are you guys talking about the Taxi you get after dealing with all of Delamains personalities (The Virus) or is this something else?

Did I miss something? I just finished this quest in a certain way and now I have my own AI driving car, but I still need to drive myself everywhere. Thought I'd be able to set a destination and get them to take me there. Also, isn't there a way to chat with the car a bit more after the quest is complete?
Exactly you get one when you merge the personalities.

Guest 4454648

Exactly you get one when you merge the personalities.
Okey, so you get a normal taxi when you reset the core? because that's what I did. And the thought never hit me that it was / should have been, and AI with it to drive me around. Just that I got a free car, that later talks to you.

Okey, so you get a normal taxi when you reset the core? because that's what I did. And the thought never hit me that it was / should have been, and AI with it to drive me around. Just that I got a free car, that later talks to you.
no, all of the endings of that quest is the exact same rewards. except the cars name changes, not that that ever comes up again

Yeah... I was pretty disappointed in having to drive my AI Cab myself too - But! Am sure that's a feature that can be added, eventually! ^^

Self driving car set aside,

It feels like each choice effectively kills the Delamain you met in the first act of the game. Reset him and you are no longer V. but just another contractor and the relasionsip that you built is wiped from his memory, sending a car despite you being out of his "service range", V is the one he went to, to help retrieve the run away cars. Then lastly his plea of help, just like V, is in need of help and without a second though opened up his extremely vulnerable core in a similar fashion of how Delamain had to walk Takemura through some steps to keep you alive. V's "see you around" as you leave sounds more like a sad goodby.

merge the personalities and speaking with humans is "tiresome" effectively meaning humanity is beneath him, one could say del becomes a true ai and leavs humanity behind and V is left with Excelsior.

destroying the core is nothing more than killing delamain

Just my thoughts.

This was a truly disappointing quest. All the effort, and my thoughts weighing the pros and cons, all just a waste. It doesn't effect the world, the reward, the end of the game, nothing. No one even comments on it.

There are failed to build wayfinder AI so yes it can't self-drive.
I don't like the mission because you can not find the gate in if you are less 8 tech.
That's truly not like the game they usually make.

Delamain quest sucks [...]. If there is no self driving cab at the end then wtf is the point of having a slow [...] cab in your inventory. the Delamain cab was played to be all chic and special. instead it is a regular [...] cab that does nothing. shoiuld be an Outlaw cab I can chill in the back and get driven to my next quest while I watch N54 news in the back catching the sights. Instead i get a [...] cab that is slow and have to drive myself. So what's the [...] point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe the Delamain car you receive has more armor or is bulletproof like the Caliburn?
(didn't test this)

Top Bottom